TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

Initial thoughts on the 3h and 4h:

really enjoyed these two clubs today. It seemed they were just as forgiving and easy to hit as any of my previous hybrids. No issues with hooks, just hit straight, slightly fading bombs. I also really enjoyed the MMT shafts in these. They feel really good and stable when I go after it.

Initial thoughts on the 3h and 4h:

really enjoyed these two clubs today. It seemed they were just as forgiving and easy to hit as any of my previous hybrids. No issues with hooks, just hit straight, slightly fading bombs. I also really enjoyed the MMT shafts in these. They feel really good and stable when I go after it.
Did you leave the weights in the stock setup?

Did you leave the weights in the stock setup?
So the 3h I left in the “front”/stock set-up and the 4h I switched to the light weight in the toe to get a bit more launch and draw bias. Definitely will look to potentially adjust more once I get a better idea for yardages and a more consistent swing as I am working on some things right now.

I'm doing some shaft pondering on my Tec 4h and 5h. The last month or 2 I've been fighting a block miss as I've worked on some swing tweaks, and the Tecs have been no different. After starting with them in std loft and neutral weights, I switched to Standard draw setting but without a huge reduction in the push miss. I've been hitting a toe miss occasionally as well, but typically with hybrids I can manage that into a drop kick that minimizes the damage. But the Tecs so far have been a block even with the toe miss.

Tonight my miss with driver/iron/wedges was a pull draw which is much more natural to me. The 2 shots I hit with the hybrids were both big blocks still, one a semi-punchout and one a long par 3 tee shot. Even the "re-dos" on the tee shot were very similar results.

I'll try moving the weights heel side and maybe the +1D lofts for science, but I like the gapping and height in the standard settings so I'm not too sure about that.

If the shaft is to blame (it might not be 🙂), I think it's that the MMT is a little too stiff/stable feeling and doesn't have the kick I'm used to feeling in a mid shaft to get the ball turning over a bit more.

Played today, this seen action on a few holes. Remains the most reliable club in my bag.

I used mine today in the 3 H from 220 to
give myself an 8’ Eagle look 😎.

I love this club.

I used mine today in the 3 H from 220 to
give myself an 8’ Eagle look 😎.

I love this club.

I am jealous, I haven’t had a yardage yet that required hitting this year, so I am just patiently waiting to. I have hit it on my launch monitor and liked what I saw though, but I don’t have any real notion of how it reacts into greens.

I am jealous, I haven’t had a yardage yet that required hitting this year, so I am just patiently waiting to. I have hit it on my launch monitor and liked what I saw though, but I don’t have any real notion of how it reacts into greens.
Fwiw that one hopped and stopped within a yard. Was a bit of a fade which likely helped. It was fun. Can’t wait till you get your moment. They grey top line looks good when twirled 😉

Bumped the lofts to +1 draw and moved the weights the draw for my round tomorrow, we'll see how it goes

Really love this hybrid but I’m wondering if it’s living on borrowed time once the SMS irons show up.

Fwiw that one hopped and stopped within a yard. Was a bit of a fade which likely helped. It was fun. Can’t wait till you get your moment. They grey top line looks good when twirled 😉

The 3w I’m pretty sure spouts angels wings when it twirls just the same :)

As of right now I can safely say, this 3H is the best single golf club I have owned.

You guys make me question why I don’t have one of these in the bag!

They are so good. If you’re a hybrid player and don’t at least try it out, you’re missing out. I’m so glad I decided on the 2 over a 3w and 4 over the FTx 4i.

I recently swapped shafts to the Evenflow Blue. Only a few on course shots but so far I'm liking it a lot better than the MMT.

They are so good. If you’re a hybrid player and don’t at least try it out, you’re missing out. I’m so glad I decided on the 2 over a 3w and 4 over the FTx 4i.
Well I’m not really a hybrid player so… 😂

I can do whatever I need to with it pending I swing a golf club and don't gorilla it. If I need to stretch it to a 230 carry... I can. If I need to knock it down, I can. The only really struggle I have with the club is if I really go after it I turn it far left. Its likely a loft issue because I do the UW the same way. I really regret not picking up the 4H when I bought the Ping earlier this season. Huge mistake.

As of right now I can safely say, this 3H is the best single golf club I have owned.
I tried to knock it out of the bag the other day, trying a few things in the store, and it still won...

I recently swapped shafts to the Evenflow Blue. Only a few on course shots but so far I'm liking it a lot better than the MMT.
Is that a hybrid specific shaft? I'm curious

Is that a hybrid specific shaft? I'm curious
There were wood and hybrid versions of the shaft released. They were released back around 2017 it looks like, so you have to dig a bit to find info. There may be better alternatives these days but the price was right and it's a departure from the MMT which is what I was looking for.

Well I’m not really a hybrid player so… 😂
Probably why you don’t have one in the bag. I like my hybrids a little on the THICC side, and I just felt more confident over it than the LTD one. I just don’t have too many chances to hit it, because it just falls in a weird yardage gap for me.

There were wood and hybrid versions of the shaft released. They were released back around 2017 it looks like, so you have to dig a bit to find info. There may be better alternatives these days but the price was right and it's a departure from the MMT which is what I was looking for.
Much appreciated. I’m in a hybrid tinker mode…

I played in a tournament this morning where I was playing alternate shot the whole round so I had some longer approach shots than usual so I got to hit these 3 times with excellent results. First one was 205 out, hit the 4h to pin high. Needed to draw it about 10 yards around a tree and it just stayed straight so had a chip just off the green. 2nd time was in the FW about 185 out and had to hit a 20 yard slice around some trees and hitnit to about 20 ft. 3rd one was about 190 out from the fairway and hit it to about 15 feet.

Back