I still want some denim copper in my life 🤩

Someone recently asked my to rank my wedges. They're all good, and these feel amazing, but I might be winding down my time with the T22s. I really like my 54, but the 50 has never been my favorite, and the 58C has been really exposed lately in terms of versatility. I can make it work, and work well, but it just doesn't excel like some others in tough spots. Putting a 221 set together has made me focus on really putting them to the test to see if they'll be in the bag with the new irons and they have limits They're great, just don't quite cut it for what I'm looking for. Irony is another company gets taken to the woodshed for not having many grind options, and theirs are more versatile to me. It's the grinds on these that keep them from being top of the heap.
Curious which wedges you are currently playing?

Someone recently asked my to rank my wedges. They're all good, and these feel amazing, but I might be winding down my time with the T22s. I really like my 54, but the 50 has never been my favorite, and the 58C has been really exposed lately in terms of versatility. I can make it work, and work well, but it just doesn't excel like some others in tough spots. Putting a 221 set together has made me focus on really putting them to the test to see if they'll be in the bag with the new irons and they have limits They're great, just don't quite cut it for what I'm looking for. Irony is another company gets taken to the woodshed for not having many grind options, and theirs are more versatile to me. It's the grinds on these that keep them from being top of the heap.

I agree with this. The head shape is perfect.. I mean its stunning. It comes down to bounce and grind options for me. The F and D grinds are good, but I cant get the D in the bounce options I want..

I agree with this. The head shape is perfect.. I mean its stunning. It comes down to bounce and grind options for me. The F and D grinds are good, but I cant get the D in the bounce options I want..
Yeah they look amazing over the ball, and in the bag. The grind-loft options just don't line up with the wants for me either.

The T22 Coppers have arrived. First off, they look really good. The 48*, 52*, and 58* fit my gaps nicely and I am liking what I've seen so far from full to partial swings. I haven't had enough greenside time with them yet, but no issues from the sand or chipping. Need to find the time for some short game practice.

The T22 Coppers have arrived. First off, they look really good. The 48*, 52*, and 58* fit my gaps nicely and I am liking what I've seen so far from full to partial swings. I haven't had enough greenside time with them yet, but no issues from the sand or chipping. Need to find the time for some short game practice.

Great wedges, enjoy.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought the T22 Copper 54/58. I purchased with the stock shaft S400. Surprisingly I hit them well with that shaft. The extra weight on the shaft helps me to hit a nice controlled shot. Only used them on simulator practice bay so far. Anxious to get them on the course.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought the T22 Copper 54/58. I purchased with the stock shaft S400. Surprisingly I hit them well with that shaft. The extra weight on the shaft helps me to hit a nice controlled shot. Only used them on simulator practice bay so far. Anxious to get them on the course.
Such a great finish

Spent some time demo'ing the T22s on Saturday. Was using the 54 D and S grinds to try to figure out which grind I liked better. I really liked the D off tighter lies, but I didn't like it in the bunker nearly as much as the S. Definitely think the higher bounce of the S was helpful there. With the turf here in Michigan I think the S will probably be the way I go (although may not be perfect for our 2 rounds in FLA). The feel is really good but seemed to have maybe a little more pop in the face than what I play now. Was definitely hitting chips and pitches a little further than I normally do. The face is a touch smaller than some of the other company's wedges but didn't find it intimidating. Had no issues with full swings but those were off mats unlike the short game shots so tough to really tell.

Spent some time demo'ing the T22s on Saturday. Was using the 54 D and S grinds to try to figure out which grind I liked better. I really liked the D off tighter lies, but I didn't like it in the bunker nearly as much as the S. Definitely think the higher bounce of the S was helpful there. With the turf here in Michigan I think the S will probably be the way I go (although may not be perfect for our 2 rounds in FLA). The feel is really good but seemed to have maybe a little more pop in the face than what I play now. Was definitely hitting chips and pitches a little further than I normally do. The face is a touch smaller than some of the other company's wedges but didn't find it intimidating. Had no issues with full swings but those were off mats unlike the short game shots so tough to really tell.

That's a fair and good analysis. I used the 54D but came in very shallow and opened it up a lot in the bunker. It is a touch smaller than other wedges (but if you want to see small, see Ping Glide Pro). I think the T22's shape is seamless integration with the MP22 lineup. Great looking wedges. Full swings should be no issue.

Based on early family feedback, I may be on the verge of switching from Vokey to Mizuno wedges. :unsure:

One of my sons is a 2 hdcp. Hits the ball a country mile, yet has a solid short game and precise distance control with his wedges.

He's played Vokey wedges since he was a teenager (now 33). On our way out of HHI a couple of weeks ago, we stopped at PGATSS, where he bought the (GORGEOUS :love:) denim copper T22s in 50 - 54 - 58. He's always played a 60*, so the switch to 58* was a hard decision for him.

Anyway ... during his first two rounds with the T22s, I received text messages raving about the 50* and 54* but also questioning the 58* change (he was hitting it too far). So, today, he's playing an out-of-state match that he was really excited about. Based on today's text messages, I think he's pleased with his T22 purchase. I love getting these type messages from my sons:

Image 7-26-22 at 4.07 PM.jpeg

I couldn't find Thanks to a helpful Canadian I've now found a thread for the T22 wedges. I know very little about bounce differences on wedges. What I do know is that I absolutely love the Edel SMS 56º wedge I have. The bounce on that is 'C-Grind'.

Does anyone know what would be comparable bounce in the T22 line? Would it also be their 'C-grind'?

I couldn't find Thanks to a helpful Canadian I've now found a thread for the T22 wedges. I know very little about bounce differences on wedges. What I do know is that I absolutely love the Edel SMS 56º wedge I have. The bounce on that is 'C-Grind'.

Does anyone know what would be comparable bounce in the T22 line? Would it also be their 'C-grind'?
I answered in the other place, and have been sitting here thinking about them for a couple minutes since. Conclusion: I think of them as pretty polar opposites through the turf, because I can't even offer a comp as a reach. Their Cs grinds don't play very similarly imo, regardless of listed bounce. There would be an adjustment.

I answered in the other place, and have been sitting here thinking about them for a couple minutes since. Conclusion: I think of them as pretty polar opposites through the turf, because I can't even offer a comp as a reach. Their Cs grinds don't play very similarly imo, regardless of listed bounce. There would be an adjustment.
This was my fear. I've become pretty confident using the 56º for everything inside 80ish yards and the thought of moving on is rattling me. Based off the info on Mizuno's site I'd love to think I'm a "short game artist" worthy of an X-grind. But I'm thinking the safe move is probably going with a D grind.

Another question I have is should I be thinking about using different bounce in the 50º, 54º, and 58º? I imagine I would use the 50º for more full swings than I would the 54º and 58º. So maybe S grind is right for the 50º?

This was my fear. I've become pretty confident using the 56º for everything inside 80ish yards and the thought of moving on is rattling me. Based off the info on Mizuno's site I'd love to think I'm a "short game artist" worthy of an X-grind. But I'm thinking the safe move is probably going with a D grind.

Another question I have is should I be thinking about using different bounce in the 50º, 54º, and 58º? I imagine I would use the 50º for more full swings than I would the 54º and 58º. So maybe S grind is right for the 50º?
This is where my exhausted Friday brain is struggling. I generally think some bounce variety is good to have. Choosing one, much less a few, relative to your Edel is scrambling me though because the soles and relief are different enough that depending on your position and attack I feel like they could play to pretty different effective bounces. I haven't actually looked at an X in a bit, but it might not be as crazy as it sounds for some based on some of that. You play pretty thick and wide blade grasses where you are though, so generally a higher bounce is easier. I default that direction off that stuff. Maybe someone more rested and less crazy will chime in for you. :LOL:

Take your Edel into the store and put it down next to a couple T22. See what looks right to you. Hit a demo off a mat next to yours. We don't always know what'll be best for us in the end on paper (or website) anyway. Your comfortability with it will be the biggest factor.

This is where my exhausted Friday brain is struggling. I generally think some bounce variety is good to have. Choosing one, much less a few, relative to your Edel is scrambling me though because the soles and relief are different enough that depending on your position and attack I feel like they could play to pretty different effective bounces. I haven't actually looked at an X in a bit, but it might not be as crazy as it sounds for some based on some of that. You play pretty thick and wide blade grasses where you are though, so generally a higher bounce is easier. I default that direction off that stuff. Maybe someone more rested and less crazy will chime in for you. :LOL:

Take your Edel into the store and put it down next to a couple T22. See what looks right to you. Hit a demo off a mat next to yours. We don't always know what'll be best for us in the end on paper (or website) anyway. Your comfortability with it will be the biggest factor.
I appreciate you taxing your mind and taking the time to dive into it a bit. Your definitely right that heading to a store with the Edel in hand is likely the best bet. I probably should have already done that.

But, I’m not a patient guy and my mind is swimming with all the options that exist for this wedge and iron order I’ve got coming up. I have so many thoughts on what to do that I’ll probably make a thread on it this afternoon once I fully wake up and can coherently get those thoughts out of my jumbled brain.

The thing I think I like most about the Edel is how easy it cuts through that thick grass I so often find myself in around the green. That’s why I’m currently defaulting to a higher bounce option in the two lower lofted wedges. Another thought is to really go crazy and go with a different bounce option for each. Lowest bounce for the 50, mid bounce D or C for the 54, and the X in the 58. I feel like that could give me more options when I’m out there in the real world not hitting off a mat on a perfect forgiving lie. Then if I get out there and find out one works for my game better than the other in those situations I can always just replace them. See, I told you my brain is scrambled with this. 😜

So I just got back from Golf Exchange to get eyes on the Mizuno grind options. They had all but S grind. In stock there.

I was surprised that the x grind looked good to my eye and the feel on the mat was nice. But the D grind most closely resembled the bounce of the Edel.

I’m pretty sure I am going to do S in the 50, D in the 54, and X in the 58.

i tested 56d and 60c side by side (albeit off a mat) and felt they played very similarly

I'm definitely gonna pickup a set of T22's to compliment my new JXP921forged set. Having a really hard time deciding which loft/bounce/grind to order and could use some information to help decide. There are a ton of posts of people saying which ones they got and that they love it or don't love it, but its really hard to glean objective information about WHY they love or hate whatever they got or if they even compared them to anything else in the lineup, in order to figure out which ones I should get.

My JXP's have the PW and GW at 45 and 50 degrees respectively. I'm not sure yet whether I will get a T22 GW or not, for sure I need SW and LW.. Kind of leaning towards the 55/09D and 60/10C.. But really not sure about those bounces..especially on the 55/09, which I would probably open up a bit in the sand but I don't know if that would add bounce or remove bounce when opening it up, and 9 degrees of bounce is not great for me in the sand, would probably prefer a bit more bounce.... but on the other hand...I need less than 56 degrees of loft for that club..it will be my 90-100 yard full swing club also and the 55/09 would be nicer for that, I think? The 54 has even less bounce...so... Around the green I do a lot of different things with my GW and SW, open, close, up on the stance, back in the stance, toe down, etc.. and rarely actually use the LW around the green, but I could do more.

For full swing yardages, I hit my JXP GW 105-120yds, avg 110. Its very hard to do a 100 yard easy swing with it. So I need SW to be full swing 85-100, and LW to be 70-85.

Mid capper, around 12 if that influences any advice...

These look really good. I didn’t have any way to test/try them before I purchased last week. I bet these get some really good reviews in the upcoming weeks. 😀

thanks to the victory cup with mizuno golf i was given my choice of t22 wedges to put into play at tpc sawgrass.

anyone who has followed my trials and tribulations around the greens, you know how much i struggle. i work hard, but it’s still not good enough. but if you can get me outside 70y, i’m usually pretty good with a full and partial swing wedge in my hands.

leading up to the event, i got fit for these wedges at club champion. because of my short game issues, i always assumed i needed maximum bounce. however, the fitter didn’t like the sound the high bounce option was giving on chips and pitches. so he switched in the mid bounce and everything improved.

my order was t22 raw 49 S, 55 D and 59 C. all with dg s300, and all with sexy mizuno blue ferrules!

my very first hole of the event at tpc stadium course, i had a 60y shot into #1 green with a severe false front and not a ton of room behind the green. i hit a tasty punch the took one small hop and grabbed within 4’ of the hole.

throughout the round i had chips, pitches and bunker shots that were all so good! i tested a lot of the face, and the results were better than my previous gamers (which i loved).

i had concerns about the t22 leading edge being too straight. nope, wasn’t an issue at all. i was also concerned about the lower bounce out of bunkers. uh uh, i hit bunker shots with all 3 wedges that came out so well.

the raw is already starting to patina a bit, which i welcome with open arms.

i can’t wait to be in this thread for ongoing feedback on these fantastic wedges.

Back