Got a short game session in tonight for the first time in awhile. 56T was dead on chipping tonight and got a reminder of how soft the feel is even in the short game.

I hit a couple dozen balls on the range with my 56. One thing that doesn’t get mentioned much is how forgiving these are across the face. As a high cap I can be pretty wild but these honestly feel more forgiving than my GI cavity irons. I normally miss fat but was catching everything thin and toey tonight and it was crazy how much distance and spin the wedge maintains on mishits like that. I was catching some so thin I was expecting a low laser beam but I was still elevating them well and putting them out to about my target distance. The feedback is so good on these so you know where you missed right away and it’s kind of crazy to feel it super thin and look up and see the wedge salvage a decent shot.

Hoping I bring a decent swing for my round tomorrow.

Got another round in yesterday with these after spending some time on a gapping session Saturday afternoon. Definitely need some work on technique as far as partial swings go, but it was nice to have a general idea of how far things are going. The pins were tucked in nasty spots yesterday as there was a tournament this weekend, so approaches/chipping for me was strictly to middle of greens and playing to safety. The high lofted bump and run got played a few more times yesterday to really good effect. I also found myself in some shin high grass off the fairway, and was able to play out of it with the 50* and put a pretty decent approach in. One of the guys in the group said he was shocked I was able to get a club on it, and wanted to see these fancy wedges after hearing about the QC. I struggled a bit out of the sand yesterday, but it’s been a while since I’ve had an opportunity to play out of there. The finish is holding up really well, they definitely have a few battle scars after this season, but after 20+ rounds they are looking pretty good.

Got another round in yesterday with these after spending some time on a gapping session Saturday afternoon. Definitely need some work on technique as far as partial swings go, but it was nice to have a general idea of how far things are going. The pins were tucked in nasty spots yesterday as there was a tournament this weekend, so approaches/chipping for me was strictly to middle of greens and playing to safety. The high lofted bump and run got played a few more times yesterday to really good effect. I also found myself in some shin high grass off the fairway, and was able to play out of it with the 50* and put a pretty decent approach in. One of the guys in the group said he was shocked I was able to get a club on it, and wanted to see these fancy wedges after hearing about the QC. I struggled a bit out of the sand yesterday, but it’s been a while since I’ve had an opportunity to play out of there. The finish is holding up really well, they definitely have a few battle scars after this season, but after 20+ rounds they are looking pretty good.

Wedges need some scrapes to perform their best :love:

I was fighting a yip or something yesterday where I was pulling touch shots to the left... Something I'm going to try to work on before my rounds this weekend. Even with that popping up a couple of times, these wedges continue to perform for me. I've gotten to a point where I can relax a bit with these and just trust that the ball is going to come out the way I want. I had a ball sitting down in a divot in the rough, with the back of the ball nestled a bit on the front edge of the divot. ~65 yards to the pin. Had to swing down on it a bit with the 58, but it popped up pretty well and stopped about 10' past the hole. These wedges have also become very reliable from distance. I have no issue pulling either at their max distance for me (54=100 & 58=90), which is about a 3/4 swing, maybe a touch more.

I did blind myself pulling one of these from the bag yesterday. Back of the wedge caught the light just right. That's literally the only thing I could even begin to nit pick with these.

I'm solidly in the lunatic fringe, so I'm always trying gear, but they'll have to beat these out to make the bag. That will be no small feat.

I just got back from the chipping green and have finally settled with the weight into the middle and am really getting comfortable with these around the greens. Absolutely love these wedges. When playing with a softer ball, they feel like butter and even the firmer balls feel good off the face.

Took my oldest to a par 3 course today and played nothing but wedges. I figured this would be a good chance to play a couple of balls each hole and try out some approach shots into really small greens. I’ve moved the weight back into the centre and I am absolutely smitten, a little shaft lean and a smooth swing and these just launch effortlessly. I probably could have easily just stuck around there all day and watched that ball flight.
251F30EA-CAF0-43A0-AEB2-32F7B16AB548.jpeg

Braved the brutal heat today to get a short game session in. I really struggle out of the sand somI took a bucket to the trap and really focused out of that today and had a great session.

I have been a bit unsure of what to play in bunkers with the 60C and 56T. I like the loft of the 60 but the T should be better out of soft sand.

Playing out of a soft bunker I found I really prefer the T grind as it seemed to bounce off the sand a little better. The C works great but the T was just a bit more forgiving in the soft stuff. The great thing about both grinds is they open up without losing bounce so it was super easy to add some loft with the T grind and I love how well it glides through the soft stuff.

I have a bad habit of getting too much shaft lean which kills my bounce so I was focusing on being more neutral. I did the same with some flop shots off the mats and the 60C picks them so damn well. Once I started using the bounce it was effortless to hit high soft flops.

As always the feel is just so addicting on these.

I tried using stuff other than the 60t that i usually play. Played some gems with the 56v and 52v today from 50~60yds but my putting was letting me down a bit on those 8~10ft putts. I really like that v grind, it just fits the way I do things.

I tried using stuff other than the 60t that i usually play. Played some gems with the 56v and 52v today from 50~60yds but my putting was letting me down a bit on those 8~10ft putts. I really like that v grind, it just fits the way I do things.
I’m in love with the V for full shots with my 52. The turf interaction is so good and saves me when I come in a bit steep.

Braved the brutal heat today to get a short game session in. I really struggle out of the sand somI took a bucket to the trap and really focused out of that today and had a great session.

I have been a bit unsure of what to play in bunkers with the 60C and 56T. I like the loft of the 60 but the T should be better out of soft sand.

Playing out of a soft bunker I found I really prefer the T grind as it seemed to bounce off the sand a little better. The C works great but the T was just a bit more forgiving in the soft stuff. The great thing about both grinds is they open up without losing bounce so it was super easy to add some loft with the T grind and I love how well it glides through the soft stuff.

I have a bad habit of getting too much shaft lean which kills my bounce so I was focusing on being more neutral. I did the same with some flop shots off the mats and the 60C picks them so damn well. Once I started using the bounce it was effortless to hit high soft flops.

As always the feel is just so addicting on these.
The c grind has been incredible from the the bare patched august “turf”. Almost to the point of reckless. “Should I bump and run?” “Nah” says the ever increasingly loud voice in my head.

The c grind has been incredible from the the bare patched august “turf”. Almost to the point of reckless. “Should I bump and run?” “Nah” says the ever increasingly loud voice in my head.
I love the C grind anytime I need to pick it off a tight lie or something short and patchy too. I used to be afraid to chip off those lies but the C grind picks it so well.

I was so glad to have these in the bag today to slow the bleeding down from the current disaster that was in my golf swing. We are currently back to being rock hard after a few weeks of heat and no rain, and the T and V grinds just shine. The bounce on these things is pretty nice to have, and adds a layer of forgiveness to me that is much appreciated. I had a few partial touch wedge shots today, one from about 55 yards out that I put a nice soft floater up onto the green with the 54T, and a 90 yard sky-high 50* that I got a real ego-boosting “oooooooh” from my playing partners on. I do think my swing coach may be correct in saying I should get these bent back to standard lie, as the 2* up sets me up in a strange posture now compared to the SMS irons. My bunker play still needs some work, I struggled again today in the one bunker I found myself in, but that was definitely operator error. I’m definitely not a short game king by any means, but I’ve found a level of confidence in these that I did not have with my old wedges. The convenience of being able to switch that weight around and find the spot that clicks with how your game works is amazing.

I didn't hit a ton of greens today but man these wedges just take all the anxiety of missing a green out of the mix for me. I've never chipped better. I think I only had one 2 putt after a chip today. The rest were either gimmie range or very make-able after chipping.

60% up and down tonight with the SMS wedges this evening. I took some advice from the Shot Scope data threads and looked at my short game stats, it identified that my 50* was actually putting me closer in proximity than the 54* I’ve been using most of the time. Made the switch before last round and have enjoyed some nice little tap in pars in the last few weeks.

Not sure which I prefer yet, the C (48 and 60) or the V (56). I hit all three really well and straight on full shots - I haven't noticed a difference yet between the grinds. On chips and short pitches, I have no consistency with either but that's more my yips on those shots than the clubs :mad:.

I think I have said it before but I really like these wedges.... I feel very in control and confident with them on any shots inside 80yards(which is unheard of for me). I had a couple bad chips last couple rounds but it was all mental. The only struggle I am having is hitting full shots with the 50 degree. The distance control from the distance I believe is where my full 50 degree should be hit from is not good. For that reason I am excited to try the set Gap wedge, I have never used one before and I only use the 50 degree for full shots.

Wedges saved my life today. Hit a lot of 90% touch shots today and stuck a couple wedges really close to the pin. I’m so freaking comfortable with one of these wedges in my hand on approach which is not something I say often in golf.

The greens were punched today so very sandy and hard to judge speed but I washitting all my landing spots and weighting then perfectly.

The high bounce soles really saved mea couple times today. I got a couple chips pretty heavy but the T grinds is so damn good off the turf and salvaged the shot every time.

Played in two scrambles this past weekend and my wedges saved us several times.

I was literally about to search for this thread, thanks @TeeJayeff hahaha

Post event, I’m taking these back out to try some things, I’m not thrilled with the grind I picked in the SW I think still, but I want to take them out again before going through a full wedge fitting with my guy Ryan next week.

If there is anyone out there thinking about wedges and you aren't considering these you're doing yourself a disservice. There is zero exaggeration when I say these are the best wedges I've ever hit

If there is anyone out there thinking about wedges and you aren't considering these you're doing yourself a disservice. There is zero exaggeration when I say these are the best wedges I've ever hit
I agree. There is only so much you can say about a wedge. I have liked plenty of wedges but love these. From the moveable weights to customization, these are a great package and they feel great to me.

I was literally about to search for this thread, thanks @TeeJayeff hahaha

Post event, I’m taking these back out to try some things, I’m not thrilled with the grind I picked in the SW I think still, but I want to take them out again before going through a full wedge fitting with my guy Ryan next week.
Which grind do you not like? I'm in love with the V grind and kind of wish I had gotten all of my wedges in it.
This, 1000x this. These wedges are amazing.

For these wedges:

Pros:
Feel-Great, they are so solid and smooth/soft at the same time.

They have the ability to change weights depending on your swing or what you want out of your swing(to get a one way miss)

I love the grinds I have... there has been multiple situations whether it is a touchy chip from soppy wet ground or dry dirt chip which typically I always mess up and chunk and don't make it to the green, that I hit really solid chips and get great spin out of.

This is the most confident I have ever felt with wedges inside 100 yards which has helped my scores stay consistently between 35-39 for my league.

Cons:

I feel like the price of these may deter a lot of people especially in the area I live in.

I've struggled with distance control on full shots. I have also gone away from hitting full shots from 140 yards and in, so that may play a factor.

All around these are the best wedges I have played... I have mainly played Vokey's, so that is what I have to compare

Man I hit some sick floppers with these yesterday :oops:

Got some practice on partial wedges last night in the garage, I’ve been struggling with those 100 yard and in shots the last few rounds, probably because I haven’t been practicing. One of the things Rob pointed out during my last lesson was getting a bit more of a turn while hitting those touch shots, so I focused mostly on that, and less on 4/6/8 o’clock. Contact was much better, but a new issue has surfaced. I am now in grave danger of launching wedges over the net, which happened several times last evening. Good thing there’s just insulation above the net - I am stoked to get back out on course this week, I’m having a ton of fun this year discovering my golf game and playing with some great gear.

Back