Introducing King Cobra Wedges

All this talk about the black, and here I am drooling over my Chrome set! I think they look stunning in my bag next to the FTx irons!

Finding lately I’m tending to hit long with these from about 40-80 yards out. Also still working out a bit whether I prefer to hit the 54V or 58WL from FW and rough from those distances.

OK so...if you are considering a SnakeBite wedge... the black is 🔥. The 58 is a nice edition to the bag. Somehow it feels softer/better to me than the chrome an obviously zero glare. The 58 WL with full face grooves is staying in the bag!
I absolutely love the look of the black, and the 60 in WL is fast becoming my go to around the greens after only a couple of rounds. Have so much more confidence these days with wedge play.

Well you guys and your black wedges have given me some serious fomo, 58 WL has been ordered. Now…to decide what has to go
I think you are going to like the WL.

OK so...if you are considering a SnakeBite wedge... the black is 🔥. The 58 is a nice edition to the bag. Somehow it feels softer/better to me than the chrome an obviously zero glare. The 58 WL with full face grooves is staying in the bag!
that's not what I needed to hear as I love the spin and shaping of these wedges but the slightly firmer feel I wasn't the biggest fan of in the chrome

The price point has me pondering these. $180/wedge is hard to swallow and the feedback from these seem to be really good

The price point has me pondering these. $180/wedge is hard to swallow and the feedback from these seem to be really good
Cobra isn't known for wedges like other brands but they are really good and a fantastic price.

Cobra isn't known for wedges like other brands but they are really good and a fantastic price.

I love the shape of Cobra wedges. I also think they sit the best next to the ball. I’m still enjoying them and have compared about all the other brands and always come back to these for some reason.

I have to say, my favorite single club for my MC Bag has been the 54* versatile wedge. I am most confident with it in hand.

It has done well on the 100-115 shots and even better all around the green.

The spin is just right and I feel like I can attack pins. The forgiveness is perfect and I love the feel.

Cobra needs to come back out with some trusty rusty wedges..

I have to say, my favorite single club for my MC Bag has been the 54* versatile wedge. I am most confident with it in hand.

It has done well on the 100-115 shots and even better all around the green.

The spin is just right and I feel like I can attack pins. The forgiveness is perfect and I love the feel.

I went wide low in the 58° too, I really like that wedge.

I like what I am hearing from the short game department. When the wedge game comes together it makes golf fun.

These wedges continue to perform VERY well for me. Being a lefty, I went versatile grind in 52º, 56º and 60º and I'm thoroughly happy!

Interestingly, the 56º is my most-used of the three, whereas it had been the 60º in my previous set. The sole gets through the grass so well, and has been a phenomenal tool around the greens. I especially like the full-face grooves on both the 56º and 60º!

Still have mine paired with the UST Mamiya Recoil 110 in F4, and won't be making a change there. I'm actually quite enjoying the Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 as well.

As of today, on full swing shots, Arccos has my Smart Distances as:
- 52º at 121 yds
- 56º at 115 yds
- 60º at 97 yds.

These wedges continue to perform VERY well for me. Being a lefty, I went versatile grind in 52º, 56º and 60º and I'm thoroughly happy!

Interestingly, the 56º is my most-used of the three, whereas it had been the 60º in my previous set. The sole gets through the grass so well, and has been a phenomenal tool around the greens. I especially like the full-face grooves on both the 56º and 60º!

Still have mine paired with the UST Mamiya Recoil 110 in F4, and won't be making a change there. I'm actually quite enjoying the Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 as well.

As of today, on full swing shots, Arccos has my Smart Distances as:
- 52º at 121 yds
- 56º at 115 yds
- 60º at 97 yds.

been thinking about putting those shafts in my wedges as well! Glad they’re working out!

Cobra needs to come back out with some trusty rusty wedges..
The raw wedges I had last year were my favorite wedges I’ve had in the bag

I've got some reading to catch up on, but as of yesterday I have joined the ranks with the 54 and 58 degree versatile grind full face wedges. I'll have more to say after I get them on the course/practice facility.

been thinking about putting those shafts in my wedges as well! Glad they’re working out!
I highly recommend them. Great feel, with enough weight for intricate short game shots.

Really like the Black wedges. By far the clubs that have exceeded my expectations the most out of any in my Morgan Cup bag. I just absolutely loved my Corey Paul wedges and had some serious trepidation about the Snakebite wedges at first. They have been wonderful performers. A bit firmer feeling than what I was used to, but I really don’t notice that anymore.

Maybe I struggled with good contact with these wedges early on in my testing talking about how firm they were. Are they a little more firm feeling than I prefer? Yeah a little but they they do perform and the more I hit them the better they are. I think I do prefer the black over the chrome looks wise and somehow the black one feels a bit softer too. May be adding another one to the bag soon in the form of a 48*

Staying lethal with with the 54* versatile wedge. Coworker had me out at Firestone last night and this led to two birdies.

One from 97 yards and the other 120 yards for gimme birdies. The one from 97 was within an inch of dunking, what’s awesome is the spin and stick of it to still be a gimme distance.

The 60* full face has continued to be solid. I am mostly playing it out of the bunkers and am really enjoying the control and the spin generation out of the sand.

SnakeBite Grooves are the real deal.

Back