Me and My Golf Ball Striker and Target Towel Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The fact that Me and My Golf are getting into training aids honestly isn’t that surprising. What is surprising however, is just how simple yet eye opening some of these initial products really are. While there is a wide array of items in this release (THP Previewed them here: Me and My Golf Training Aids – The Hackers Paradise) I wanted to focus in specifically on two of the items which could be worth their weight in gold for improving golfers. The Ball Striker and the Target Towel.

Continue reading...

That is really cool and very well priced. Both of those are perfect aids for getting warmed up with and easily carried in any golfers bag. Thanks for the write up @Jman

I was wondering when these would come out. Are the grommets in the towel to hold it down so it doesn’t move? It’s a really cool concept. Did the hole in the middle seem about right or is it a little larger than you would think? The pic seems like it should be a little on the large side

That is really cool and very well priced. Both of those are perfect aids for getting warmed up with and easily carried in any golfers bag. Thanks for the write up @Jman
I was just told that they are hitting Amazon too, for those that want something quicker and don't want to deal with shipping costs.

Yes there are reinforced grommets that allow you to use tees to hold the mat in place on windy days. The hole is a regulation sized target hole.

What happens if you accidentally hit the towel? Asking for a friend.

• Staff
I was wondering when these would come out. Are the grommets in the towel to hold it down so it doesn’t move? It’s a really cool concept. Did the hole in the middle seem about right or is it a little larger than you would think? The pic seems like it should be a little on the large side
It’s the size of a cup, which is really nice.

Yeah, that’s what the grommets are for, I used some of them with tees in one of the pics to try and show it. It’s quite well done.

Coolest Training Aids around and so well priced. Can't wait to get mine

• Staff
What happens if you accidentally hit the towel? Asking for a friend.
Hahaha! From experience, the towel will be fine, it’ll shift a little, but it will be fine. Ego will be bruised though 🤣

I was just told that they are hitting Amazon too, for those that want something quicker and don't want to deal with shipping costs.
I was really hoping they would do this.

I guess you carry on using it until you have improved enough not too, lol. I'll be getting one so will soon find out, they look cool!

I guess you carry on using it until you have improved enough not too, lol. I'll be getting one so will soon find out, they look cool!
I’m not sure that is ever accomplished, there’s always room for improvement, and the dual purpose of this makes it easy to keep carrying imo.

Great write up @Jman. I might snag that swing towel one for some winter work. So simple and awesome. How was the material quality wise, would it hold up to multiple washes/getting accidentally hit etc?

Cool but simple training aids. Feel like these can be beneficial for most golfers.

Great write up @Jman. I might snag that swing towel one for some winter work. So simple and awesome. How was the material quality wise, would it hold up to multiple washes/getting accidentally hit etc?
Excellent quality golf towels.

Nice. I'm not a fan of training aids but this looks like something that's #1 usable and #2 provides immediate feedback

Agreed on the fact that these are ingenious James, and yeah - how no one thought of this before is mind boggling. So simple and effective.

These are so great folks are coming out of the woodwork just to post about them here in this thread ;)

That’s clever and I agree, why has no one thought of that before? The stance towel for example with a cutout for hitting through? Perfect way to keep divots under control

I subscribe to MAMG, they do some really great things. Haven’t picked up any of the training aids yet, but plan to :) The ball striking towel is based around a series of drills they teach using a standard towel.

It’s the size of a cup, which is really nice.

Yeah, that’s what the grommets are for, I used some of them with tees in one of the pics to try and show it. It’s quite well done.
No I was referring to the towel not the target. The areas to hit looks large

No I was referring to the towel not the target. The areas to hit looks large
Ah. It’s wide enough for an SGI iron with a little room heel and toe still.

The Ball Striker towel could be an amazing tool both for range sessions and keeping the swing in check out in the back yard during the off season. The price points look great and videos to help is an amazing package. I am seriously eyeing the towel...

The videos are really well done too fwiw

I received mine yesterday via amazon, feel like they're a snip at the price especially with the training videos included. Well done Andy and Piers on once again trying to help golfers get better!

I forgot that I pre-ordered one when the original article went up. It arrived today.

1661467690046.jpeg

Back