Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

50-54-58 is definitely good gapping! I like having a full swing down to 70-80 yards though, which means I go down to a 60* and will hopefully end up at a 44*-48*-52*-56*-60* setup which covers roughly 70-130 yards with 10-15 yards between full swings.
How far is 44 from a 9 iron?

Well Srixon irons will be back in the bag. Ordered ZX5 this time and will be in by the time I get back from vacation. Missed these and wanted the forgiveness of the 5's this time. Modus 120 again.

Well Srixon irons will be back in the bag. Ordered ZX5 this time and will be in by the time I get back from vacation. Missed these and wanted the forgiveness of the 5's this time. Modus 120 again.
You won’t be sorry. I just ordered a ZX 5 driver at a big discount.

Great choice man, I am in almost the same setup (5's with Modus 130 S). Continue to absolutely love these irons. I've never hit 5-7 iron as consistently or as long as with this set, but they still feel really good.

You won't regret going back to ZX5's!

You won’t be sorry. I just ordered a ZX 5 driver at a big discount.

I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing with the recent price drop.

Whoa, yeah! 👊

The ZX5s I bought from Global Golf with Steelfiber 95s came while I was gone. They look like they are brand new. I am looking to get them in the simulator and out on the course. They look more forgiving than my T100s and I seemed to play better with the wider soles of the Ping i200s I had. It may be end of week before I get to spend much time with them though.

50-54-58 is definitely good gapping! I like having a full swing down to 70-80 yards though, which means I go down to a 60* and will hopefully end up at a 44*-48*-52*-56*-60* setup which covers roughly 70-130 yards with 10-15 yards between full swings.

The gapping is a bit odd going into the wedges. I had a 50* gap wedge when I bought my ZX5s. There was about a 20-25 yard gap between the PW and GW...right, in the area where you want to be precise. I ended up going to the 48-52-56 wedge gaps to fix it.

The gapping is a bit odd going into the wedges. I had a 50* gap wedge when I bought my ZX5s. There was about a 20-25 yard gap between the PW and GW...right, in the area where you want to be precise. I ended up going to the 48-52-56 wedge gaps to fix it.

Yep I'm seeing exactly the same. 125-130 PW to 105-110 GW. Plan is to bend the GW down to 48*, is that what you did? I'm thinking that should get the GW up to 115 ish, and the 52* I just got should fall in around 100-105, which in theory fixes things nicely.

Yep I'm seeing exactly the same. 125-130 PW to 105-110 GW. Plan is to bend the GW down to 48*, is that what you did? I'm thinking that should get the GW up to 115 ish, and the 52* I just got should fall in around 100-105, which in theory fixes things nicely.

Bending them would definitely work. I was already considering new wedges at the time, so just got the CBX2 48, 52 and 56. The 48* CBX2 was a perfect fit from a playability standpoint. The V-sole design is same as the ZX5s. I use it mostly for full shots and it perfectly fits the gap. Now I'm PW 120, 48* 110, 52* 100.

Anyone else notice there are more Pros, both men and women, playing Srixon irons?

I got a bit of range time in with the ZX5s. For comparison my current gamers are T100s with Modus 120s. A few thoughts so far:
  • The larger heads are confidence building. The T100s are small and the bit larger head is reassuring.
  • I think the lighter shafts are going to be good. In the fitting I hit the M120 well but sometimes you get in a groove at a fitting. I could notice the difference in weight.
  • I seem to hit the ZX5s farther at least a half a club.
  • My swing is still junk which means more forgiveness is better.
  • I was hitting off of mats so it is hard to tell how they are going to be on grass. I am pretty good at realizing when I make a bad strike covered up by the mat though.
I have made the decision to put these in the bag tomorrow for an interclub match. I was supposed to play a qualifier for the state sr am but give the state of my game and recovering from a stomach bug I decided to withdraw.

I got a bit of range time in with the ZX5s. For comparison my current gamers are T100s with Modus 120s. A few thoughts so far:
  • The larger heads are confidence building. The T100s are small and the bit larger head is reassuring.
  • I think the lighter shafts are going to be good. In the fitting I hit the M120 well but sometimes you get in a groove at a fitting. I could notice the difference in weight.
  • I seem to hit the ZX5s farther at least a half a club.
  • My swing is still junk which means more forgiveness is better.
  • I was hitting off of mats so it is hard to tell how they are going to be on grass. I am pretty good at realizing when I make a bad strike covered up by the mat though.
I have made the decision to put these in the bag tomorrow for an interclub match. I was supposed to play a qualifier for the state sr am but give the state of my game and recovering from a stomach bug I decided to withdraw.
Wait till you walk up to your shot, find it in the rough and think you're screwed. You hit out and find how forgiving these irons are out of rough.

Hi guys, got the Zx5’s 2 months ago and been loving them. Only thing is it seems like the chrome plating is wearing already( sorry if I’m using the wrong terms). Has anyone else experienced this or this normal wear? I attached a picture.

Attachments

• FE6BF38E-919F-4C04-BE5D-795353B3FEAD.jpeg
    FE6BF38E-919F-4C04-BE5D-795353B3FEAD.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 39
No problem here

My ZX5's are in but not m in vacation so they will be picked up next week.

My ZX5's are in but not m in vacation so they will be picked up next week.

it's time to go back to my ZX7's...the D9 Forged are great. zero issues with them but the intent was for them to be the 2nd set in GA...so time to get back to that ZX goodness.

which shafts did you get in the 5's? recoils?

it's time to go back to my ZX7's...the D9 Forged are great. zero issues with them but the intent was for them to be the 2nd set in GA...so time to get back to that ZX goodness.

Modus 120S. Had them in the 7's and they really helped my tempo and timing.

Can you describe the D9 forged? Feel forgiveness and distance compared to the Zx7.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Modus 120S. Had them in the 7's and they really helped my tempo and timing.

Those are just such a smooth combo. Modus 120 and either ZX5 or ZX7. Welcome back!

Can you describe the D9 forged? Feel forgiveness and distance compared to the Zx7.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

same kind of that forged feel. more forgiveness with a bit higher launch but i tend to de-loft so it's not always apparent. they're a hair stronger so i am about a club longer with the D9 forged.

Back