Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

By poor bag management I assume you mean you forgot to move your clubs from your carry bag to your cart bag like I sometimes do? :LOL:

I've been looking a bit at the Motocaddy locking system, and may do some experimentation once I receive the cart. I could be wrong, but I suspect I can replicate the mounting pins on the bottom of the bag to fit into bottom bracket of the cart. I can definitely see some experimentation in my future.
Yes. I didn’t move the clubs into the other bag the night before and with a 6 am departure for the tee time it didn’t happen….

By poor bag management I assume you mean you forgot to move your clubs from your carry bag to your cart bag like I sometimes do? :LOL:

I've been looking a bit at the Motocaddy locking system, and may do some experimentation once I receive the cart. I could be wrong, but I suspect I can replicate the mounting pins on the bottom of the bag to fit into bottom bracket of the cart. I can definitely see some experimentation in my future.
Issue you may run into, you really need an inset spot on the bottom of your bag or the pins will hit the ground when you set it on the ground. Ours are positioned higher than the base of the bag.

Issue you may run into, you really need an inset spot on the bottom of your bag or the pins will hit the ground when you set it on the ground. Ours are positioned higher than the base of the bag.
Because the attention to detail in the design is on point!

First round with my M7 scheduled for Friday! Been down with Covid for the last 1.5 weeks so can't wait to get back out there. Got the batteries charged up and plan on annoying my neighbors with it tomorrow/Thursday before I head out to get a feel for it.

I'm also seriously considering a Hydroflex bag as well. I use a cart bag most of the season but like something smaller for traveling and range trips. Waterproof is a bonus on the road as there's less cleanup when it does rain.

Ok So I have had a issue with my M7. I have already contacted support and they have already shipped the replacement part.
Basically my M7 died after 10 holes the other day. They think its a bad board/part. Not the end of the world just sucks to not have the M7 for a week or so.

The Support at MotoCaddy has been great. No complaints there.

Looking forward to the temps dropping again so I can go back to walking my rounds. Tried it last in June and that was a little rough on the body. Think I refilled my 20oz cup of water 7 times and never had to worry about relief. Probably a sign that it’s bit warm out :/

Ok So I have had a issue with my M7. I have already contacted support and they have already shipped the replacement part.
Basically my M7 died after 10 holes the other day. They think its a bad board/part. Not the end of the world just sucks to not have the M7 for a week or so.

The Support at MotoCaddy has been great. No complaints there.
Customer support has been top notch!

Got it out for a test spin over lunch after putting all the pieces on it. This thing moves pretty good! Some quick thoughts:
  • The umbrella holder and the phone mount seem to be at odds with each other. I'll need to get that tuned up once I put an actual bag on it.
  • I think it's curious that the umbrella holder can't go on the right side. Looks like the screw mounts are different sizes. Seems like a bummer for lefties that want to use that and the score card holder.
  • I'm not sold on the utility of the card holder yet. I get what they're going for with the closed panel I think, just not something I thought was a huge need. Probably not for me regardless as I'll keep score on my phone for most of my rounds.
  • Setup, unfolding and folding back up were a breeze.
  • With the wheels in the outer position it seems like it'll be pretty easy to push. Perhaps not clicgear easy but easy enough in the off chance the battery dies.
Already looking at accessories. An obvious one is the XL drink holder. If I don't use the scorecard holder I can just use that mount point. Assuming all goes well Friday I'll be clearing out my CG to make room for this bad boy.

Got it out for a test spin over lunch after putting all the pieces on it. This thing moves pretty good! Some quick thoughts:
  • The umbrella holder and the phone mount seem to be at odds with each other. I'll need to get that tuned up once I put an actual bag on it.
  • I think it's curious that the umbrella holder can't go on the right side. Looks like the screw mounts are different sizes. Seems like a bummer for lefties that want to use that and the score card holder.
  • I'm not sold on the utility of the card holder yet. I get what they're going for with the closed panel I think, just not something I thought was a huge need. Probably not for me regardless as I'll keep score on my phone for most of my rounds.
  • Setup, unfolding and folding back up were a breeze.
  • With the wheels in the outer position it seems like it'll be pretty easy to push. Perhaps not clicgear easy but easy enough in the off chance the battery dies.
Already looking at accessories. An obvious one is the XL drink holder. If I don't use the scorecard holder I can just use that mount point. Assuming all goes well Friday I'll be clearing out my CG to make room for this bad boy.
Just get the assc pack and save yourself the time. it comes with the XL cup holder.

The only thing I need to add is a seat,Cooler and a 5# weight like @NEhomer.

had to buy one from another company. Fit in the drink holder fine. Drink on one side sand bottle on the other.
I am currently doing the same but I'm concerned about the weight of the sand bottle in the cup holder long term, but it's holding up so far.

The bottle was much lighter by the end of my round yesterday after filling my divots and several of other people's.

Just get the assc pack and save yourself the time. it comes with the XL cup holder.

The only thing I need to add is a seat,Cooler and a 5# weight like @NEhomer.

Hey, the other thing I discovered is the locking Garmin belt clip that I modified to fit my Zip remote with a pair of pop rivets. One of my buddys just got a Moto and I'm going to affix one to his remote. I'll let you moto folks know how it goes. It's very convenient to clip it to your belt. The simple clip provided from either company doesn't provide a secure snap into place. The Garmin one locks in and releases with a button.

I affix the belt clip to my left side and I literally never have to bother with the lock feature.

Hey, the other thing I discovered is the locking Garmin belt clip that I modified to fit my Zip remote with a pair of pop rivets. One of my buddys just got a Moto and I'm going to affix one to his remote. I'll let you moto folks know how it goes. It's very convenient to clip it to your belt. The simple clip provided from either company doesn't provide a secure snap into place. The Garmin one locks in and releases with a button.

I affix the belt clip to my left side and I literally never have to bother with the lock feature.

I'd love a walkthrough on this. I know exactly which garmin clip you're talking about (like the old school cell phone ones). Could definitely see that being a win.

I'd love a walkthrough on this. I know exactly which garmin clip you're talking about (like the old school cell phone ones). Could definitely see that being a win.

Yeah, It's this one available from Garmin:

52151-00-d-83660.jpg

I originally used it for my $800.00 gps hunting collar for my dog. If I come out of the woods to find that I dropped the remote somewhere, yikes!

Never a real worry for the moto or MGI remotes because the worst that happens is you're 50yds away before you realize you've dropped it...onto tightly mowed grass~

This seems like it’ll work.
BFB13489-AFD1-4623-AA7A-11D8114778C5.jpeg

Ok. Downhill assist is awesome.

Instead of sending the cart down steep hills, I stick with the cart to help keep it in control on the paths. Well, with downhill assist, I can put my hands on the handlebars, go in speed 4 or 5, and let the cart support some of my forward momentum as we go down the hill. I don't know what took me so long to realize that I could do this. It is a lifesaver on some of the severe downslopes we have out here.

Instead of sending the cart down steep hills, I stick with the cart to help keep it in control on the paths. Well, with downhill assist, I can put my hands on the handlebars, go in speed 4 or 5, and let the cart support some of my forward momentum as we go down the hill. I don't know what took me so long to realize that I could do this. It is a lifesaver on some of the severe downslopes we have out here.
It is awesome. My last course in Nashville, hole 3 was a downhill par 5 and it was so perfect for that.

Well ya learn something new every day. Didn't even know this was a thing. Not that we have any super steep hills where I would need it but it's a cool feature for sure!

Well first round with mine in the books. Right up front I've got to say that this thing is awesome. First walking round in a while for me. I'm not super fresh or anything but nowhere near as bad as I'd be if I had pushed today. Was largely uneventful. No tip overs. I did have some interesting moments with some cart path curbs but that's on me. The course I played wasn't super wide open so felt like I had to pay a little extra attention to it. Still figuring out the rhythm of moving it around greens for me, but for the most part was pretty straightforward.

Tooling it around the neighborhood and then the course today I've still got plenty of battery to run another 18. I also thought that the drink holder that came with it was a bit small but had no issues holding a large plastic water bottle or my gatorade, so no complaints there. Overall a great outing. I'm not going to walk a ton of rounds in the heat, but I definitely play better when I walk and this cart takes that much more strain off of your body so you're not as worn down towards the end of the round. Looking forward to getting it out again.

Going to use this on a course tomorrow that I have previously refused to walk the back 9 because it's so hilly. I'm actually excited to do it!

Going to use this on a course tomorrow that I have previously refused to walk the back 9 because it's so hilly. I'm actually excited to do it!
M7 took it like a champ! Saved me money and it wasn't even close to as hard as I expected it to be just walking. Motocaddy straight up changes my enjoyment of golf in such a positive way. Score was crap and it didn't even bother me that much. I can guarantee if I was riding, I would have been in a way worse mood. M7 for the win in my game, and in my attitude lol

I unpacked my M7 yesterday before leaving work and my initial impression upon opening the top of the box was that this is a very well built unit. Even the packaging is top notch.
While I had already perused the instructions and used other brand carts, I'm pretty confident that even if I hadn't it would have been pretty easy to get the cart up and running. The three different wheel positions (storage, free-wheel and normal) were well thought out.
I ran it around the parking lot a bit, and then up and down my street when I got home. This thing makes zero sound when it's running. Probably the most impressive thing about it for me so far is how the unit slows itself down before initiating a turn. I had it going down the road at top speed and then hit the left turn button, which could be disastrous if it not for that feature. I can't wait to get it out on the course Saturday morning!
I've considered motorized carts before, and even had a chance to get a really good deal on one but never thought I was ready for one. I kind of went into the M7 cold-turkey, but based on my initial impressions I can't see myself ever being disappointed that I made the jump.

Loving seeing more of you taking the plunge on these. They are so freaking cool and useful.

Back