I remember seeing something about Seed here a month or so ago? I almost jumped in on them because of The Jack alignment system but they weren't in stock on the ball I'd want it on.

Really cool to see the deep dive here and it's refreshing that they aren't just throwing their name on something they know nothing about. Being #1 DTC ball in a country (Ireland) perked my ears up. That area knows their golf so the product must be doing something right. Those bags don't look half bad either!

Great read JB!
I kind of dig the bags.

I kind of dig the bags.
Color is top notch and love seeing a six way top honestly. Price isn't half bad either. A little up there but with the weather proofing, I'm sure it's worth it. Also I really love that it's made with recycled materials

Reactions: JB
This was a truly interesting read. I've usually just dismissed the DTC golf ball segment because of the "slap your label on it" thing that we've seen, but this sure sounds to be at a whole different level. Amazing that they have such great facilities to team up with and prove that they have a top-shelf product.

I do agree though, that I'd probably have just glossed over it because of the logo on the ball, so I'm quite thankful for this supremely in-depth article!

I'd be interested in trying a subscription model for balls. Between balls and gloves, I think that's probably a good idea. Kind of like a set it and forget it arrangement. I also really like the ability to cancel/suspend a subscription - I have very little need for 6 dozen golf balls when it's -40º outside!

Thanks for taking us along @JB!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Color is top notch and love seeing a six way top honestly. Price isn't half bad either. A little up there but with the weather proofing, I'm sure it's worth it. Also I really love that it's made with recycled materials
The bag is actually pretty sweet and packed with features. Travel bag looks nice too.

I just can’t get into a subscription model for anything. I like going to store picking something up right then and there. I hate waiting for shipping to show up. And @jdtox makes a great point that for 45 bucks I can walk into a store and walk out with a premium brand ball. They do have more products to offer and an outerwear line coming which is cool. It is always good to read about companies you didn’t know even existed. Nice article as always from THP!

That is a great article, went into a lot more depth than I was expecting! Really interesting to see that they aren’t just the standard DTC slap a logo on a template and stick it on social media and have actually done their own development.

I’ve used Vice quite a lot and enjoy them, but keep coming back to other premium balls, so these may well be worth a try for me. Over in the UK the price is pretty reasonable for me, a quick look on their website shows the subscription price around £25-£30 for a box which is not too far off half the price of a ProV1 or CSx. Interesting…

Very cool story and I can appreciate the research and testing that has gone into these balls. However, like others, the price point is just too high for a DTC product. At a minimum they need to offer something to entice first time buyers. Even a trial pack option for $9 per sleeve with free shipping would be nice. Lower the barrier to entry for consumers and get them in the hands of golfers.

I'll write more tomorrow, but I bought 2 dozen Seed Country Miles and gamed them on a par 3 course this afternoon. These are looooong. I don't know how much of it was the ball design and how much of it was the heat wave we have in SoCal right now, but I was hitting these a club longer than my usual Supersoft distances.

Checked out the Seed website. They really should have the compression listed for each ball, and not just say soft, super soft, etc. I too find the price point a bit high for a DTC product. Have only tried a ball from Vice, and hated it, so probably wouldn't chance another unless there was a free 2 ball trial pack or something like that.

Checked out the Seed website. They really should have the compression listed for each ball, and not just say soft, super soft, etc. I too find the price point a bit high for a DTC product. Have only tried a ball from Vice, and hated it, so probably wouldn't chance another unless there was a free 2 ball trial pack or something like that.
Do most companies list their compression for each ball? Since everybody tests differently, it would seem like its a buzz word number now but not very relevant.

What’s Friday @Canadan ?

I had hoped to use a monitor to get some Seed data, but the R10 guesstimates anything other than RCT balls.

I'm definitely liking them so far! Solid contender to be my 2023 ball

Back