Honma BERES Aizu and Black Lineup

Way, way out of my price range, but the craftsmanship and design on those Aizu clubs is amazing!

Waiting for the THP Honma Beres experience. Lol.
We did one a few years ago that is referenced above. Fun times with Beres and putting them in a THPers hands. Also have some fun things coming up with them soon.

Last edited:
Beautiful clubs and LV has the perfect bag to hold them.

529B0A66-265D-4635-8AE0-1D04D259512E.jpeg

Wow. Not for me, but pretty neat for rich people. :LOL:

Wow. Not for me, but pretty neat for rich people. :LOL:

Well, when I look back at the last two years of club purchases, I probably could have purchased a set of black woods with the money I spent. But those clubs are not a fit for me.

Last edited:
Its crazy. Guess much like high end fashion...I just don't get it haha.
Then they cover those irons with headcovers in that last photo. If my clubs looked like those I would want everyone to see them.

Took the Beres Black driver out for it's maiden voyage today... Only hit two balls with it at the range, and one off a tee on the course (short executive course). Range balls here have a tendency to leave some sand marks on the face of the club and I didn't want any yet :ROFLMAO:

The sound is a little loud, but not in a bad way I suppose. It's just louder than my Epic Max. Similar tone, just more of it.

It seems to be forgiving given the small sample size, all three shots had a very similar shape (slight fade). The one I hit on the course was a bit off the toe, but only ended up about 2' off the fairway.

The shaft is sooooo different from my EM that I think that'll take the most getting used to. For a stiff shaft, it has a bit of a whippy lower section. I don't dislike it, just different. Based on my very small sample size, I don't think it'll be an issue.

I haven't put them on a scale to compare, but the Beres feels much lighter. For a bigger guy, who tends to muscle through things, I actually like this.

Anyways... that's my initial thoughts. Really like this driver, but not yet ready to say it'll take over as the gamer (it might LOL).

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Took the Beres Black driver out for it's maiden voyage today... Only hit two balls with it at the range, and one off a tee on the course (short executive course). Range balls here have a tendency to leave some sand marks on the face of the club and I didn't want any yet :ROFLMAO:

The sound is a little loud, but not in a bad way I suppose. It's just louder than my Epic Max. Similar tone, just more of it.

It seems to be forgiving given the small sample size, all three shots had a very similar shape (slight fade). The one I hit on the course was a bit off the toe, but only ended up about 2' off the fairway.

The shaft is sooooo different from my EM that I think that'll take the most getting used to. For a stiff shaft, it has a bit of a whippy lower section. I don't dislike it, just different. Based on my very small sample size, I don't think it'll be an issue.

I haven't put them on a scale to compare, but the Beres feels much lighter. For a bigger guy, who tends to muscle through things, I actually like this.

Anyways... that's my initial thoughts. Really like this driver, but not yet ready to say it'll take over as the gamer (it might LOL).
Good stuff early. Hope you enjoy it. That face is fantastic.

Good stuff early. Hope you enjoy it. That face is fantastic.
It’s almost too nice for a hack like me, but I’m going to do my best to out it through its paces!

I've had it a out a few times now... and I really like this thing. I can't say that it's more forgiving than the epic max, but the shaft and I might get along better or something. It does feel much lighter. I know the swing weight is D2 vs the epic max @ D3. It's noticeable, and might be what's helping me.

Put one out straight today. It went higher than my typical drives, but controlled. It rolled out to 280. That's long for me. Played it on 6 holes of the 9 today. Hit 5 fairways, average drive of 250 over the 6 holes. So it's a little longer but about the same accuracy.

The sound is different, more metallic, but not bad at all.

Overall I am very impressed (though I should have been, right?!?). It'll stay in the bag for a bit longer, and then I'll decide if the epic max has been replaced or not. Also have a lesson/swing analysis tomorrow with Golftec so it'll be interesting to see what they say is better for me.

Back