Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Ok. Downhill assist is awesome.

Instead of sending the cart down steep hills, I stick with the cart to help keep it in control on the paths. Well, with downhill assist, I can put my hands on the handlebars, go in speed 4 or 5, and let the cart support some of my forward momentum as we go down the hill. I don't know what took me so long to realize that I could do this. It is a lifesaver on some of the severe downslopes we have out here.
That little tidbit is really good to know.

I unpacked my M7 yesterday before leaving work and my initial impression upon opening the top of the box was that this is a very well built unit. Even the packaging is top notch.
While I had already perused the instructions and used other brand carts, I'm pretty confident that even if I hadn't it would have been pretty easy to get the cart up and running. The three different wheel positions (storage, free-wheel and normal) were well thought out.
I ran it around the parking lot a bit, and then up and down my street when I got home. This thing makes zero sound when it's running. Probably the most impressive thing about it for me so far is how the unit slows itself down before initiating a turn. I had it going down the road at top speed and then hit the left turn button, which could be disastrous if it not for that feature. I can't wait to get it out on the course Saturday morning!
I've considered motorized carts before, and even had a chance to get a really good deal on one but never thought I was ready for one. I kind of went into the M7 cold-turkey, but based on my initial impressions I can't see myself ever being disappointed that I made the jump.
When do you get it out on the course?

When do you get it out on the course?
7:00 AM Saturday. I am supposed to have Friday afternoon off which would have given me an opportunity, but people's lack of foresight at work took care of that opportunity.

I can't wait to see the look on the guys faces when I roll up to the tee with it!

7:00 AM Saturday. I am supposed to have Friday afternoon off which would have given me an opportunity, but people's lack of foresight at work took care of that opportunity.

I can't wait to see the look on the guys faces when I roll up to the tee with it!
Enjoy it.

None of my regular golf buddies have seen it yet as we generally don't walk much until it cools off a little more (though today would be perfect). I'm sure it'll get some head shakes, followed by so many questions once they see it on the course.

Enjoy it! It really is a much more enjoyable walk than pushing. Like @MWard I think maybe the funnest part is zooming it up to your ball or the next tee while you stroll along with your group.

Only piece of advice I have is keep an eye on it when you stop if you're close to it or using it in walking mode. It stops super quick. Easy to run into the back of it.

Only piece of advice I have is keep an eye on it when you stop if you're close to it or using it in walking mode. It stops super quick. Easy to run into the back of it.
I feel like running into the back of it is like a rite of passage for motocaddy users

Another lovely night with the M7. PSA for those in the northern climates, start planting seeds now for Santa to bring you one for Christmas. And to my southern climate friends, just go do it now that things are cooling off for you all.

I do wish there was say a 4.5 and 5.5 speeds. Maybe drop 2 and 3 and use some kind of sliding scale for speed.

Course was real soggy from all the rain and it never once got stuck in some of the muck spots I ended up getting into. I quickly learned today was not a day to go full send to see the really damp spots but the first few I did find from afar the M7 navigated like a champ.

It’s been pretty hot and gross out, but I’m due for a walking round. Most of this summer has been heat indexes over 100, and that’s not very walking friendly.

Assuming the weather is correct tomorrow, it’s only supposed to hit 90 as a high and there may be a little breeze. Might be better walking weather, so let’s give that a go tomorrow.

It’s been pretty hot and gross out, but I’m due for a walking round. Most of this summer has been heat indexes over 100, and that’s not very walking friendly.

Assuming the weather is correct tomorrow, it’s only supposed to hit 90 as a high and there may be a little breeze. Might be better walking weather, so let’s give that a go tomorrow.
Same here. I walk 95% of the time but have been riding more the last 6 weeks. I have started occasionally walking front nine, then riding on back. Can be a challenge loading remote control cart on riding cart though. Ready for cooler weather :).

Same here. I walk 95% of the time but have been riding more the last 6 weeks. I have started occasionally walking front nine, then riding on back. Can be a challenge loading remote control cart on riding cart though. Ready for cooler weather :).

Update on this, feels like 101 at the moment, and next to no wind. Not quite what I want to deal with today :(

Update on this, feels like 101 at the moment, and next to no wind. Not quite what I want to deal with today :(

i'll walk morning rounds during this heat but will ride the afternoon rounds.

i'll walk morning rounds during this heat but will ride the afternoon rounds.
Yeah a ton of people book the morning rounds. I had either 7:30 or 11:40 as an option. I chose option B lol

Well I officially dumped mine this afternoon at the course: had a narrow opening off the cart path between the little 12" high white 2x2 posts that keep the carts from cutting through an area. Caught the post with the right wheel and it kicked it up onto its left side before I could do anything.

The best part however? My vessel bag didn't shift an inch. Tipped if back up and picked up where it left off.

Well I officially dumped mine this afternoon at the course: had a narrow opening off the cart path between the little 12" high white 2x2 posts that keep the carts from cutting through an area. Caught the post with the right wheel and it kicked it up onto its left side before I could do anything.

The best part however? My vessel bag didn't shift an inch. Tipped if back up and picked up where it left off.
Yea. Hurts the heart a bit haha

Well you got that part out of the way.

Good day in the rain with the M7.

There is downhill assist, but if you're on a cart path, turn that speed up an extra notch and hold on tight. The cart will help pull you up the hill haha.

20220911_091835.jpg

I had some real interesting interactions yesterday with my M7 and other people. We had a charity tournament held by a local high school, so a bunch of once-a-year type golfers.

Rolling to the pro shop from the parking lot one of the girls noted that she'd never seen anything like it before. I put the cart on crawl speed while I stoped to dunk my towel in the water bucket, and had two different people try to stop it because they thought it was running away.
Further down the side of the clubhouse there's a ramp that goes down to the paved area behind the clubhouse; I could see where I wanted the cart to go so I let it roll on despite the fact that I couldn't be seen from the back patio. Multiple guests on the patio jumped up not knowing what to do because again they thought it was just a runaway cart. Once I appeared in view they commented "that's the coolest thing ever!"
Possilby my favourite part however was walking up to 9 green; I took my putter out of the bag and sent the cart up the hill past the green, between the driving range and putting green to the corner where I stopped it. There were four boys on the putting green running a putting contest and they were looking around trying to figure out how the cart was being controlled. One took a couple of steps towards it but then must have realized it was being remotely controlled because he decided to let it carry on.

It doesn't take a lot for me to be entertained :ROFLMAO:

PSA: Under 100 days till Christmas for those that need to start hint dropping

Last edited:
PSA: Under 100 days till Christmas for those that need to start hint dropping
Makes a great Secret Santa gift too - just sayin'

Not much better than a morning stroll with the m7.
3F7DA0AC-01DF-4547-9058-B7BF1C414641.jpeg

Anyone else have "control box" failures? In have had my M7 since February. The control box failed in March. They sent a replacement out quickly. I replaced the control box back in March, and it failed again this week. About 20 to 30 rounds on the unit.

Wondering if I am doinf something wrong. I don't let the trolley get wet or use it in the rain.

Anyone else have a control box failure? The trolley just bricks when that happens. Black screen, no power, no response.

Motocaddy is very good about quickly sending out the replacement. So, no issues with customer service.

Anyone else have "control box" failures? In have had my M7 since February. The control box failed in March. They sent a replacement out quickly. I replaced the control box back in March, and it failed again this week. About 20 to 30 rounds on the unit.

Wondering if I am doinf something wrong. I don't let the trolley get wet or use it in the rain.

Anyone else have a control box failure? The trolley just bricks when that happens. Black screen, no power, no response.

Motocaddy is very good about quickly sending out the replacement. So, no issues with customer service.
I have not had that issue with mine, even using it in the rain and wet conditions.

Back