Matt Neeley and Tour Edge Exotics Go Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Matt Neeley joins the conversation to talk about everything in the world of Tour Edge Exotics.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Matt discuss the golf life in Chicago, the revolving golf bag of a person working in R&D and the happenings with Tour Edge Exotics equipment. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Matt Neeley goes Off Course.

Untitled-15-1024x692.jpg

Episode 123 is here and Dan and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait - always a great go to work podcast.

Very excited to listen to this one.

Matt’s got a great backstory with his exodus away from SoCal, but ending up back in the industry. He’s less than a couple hours from here, so it was neat to hear him discuss an area I’ve played.

TEE’s resurgence has been nice to see, especially their presence in professional golf.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. I’ve always had a soft spot for smaller companies. I get TEE isn’t some small boutique brand, but they still qualify imo.

Sounds like a pretty killer place to work too.

Love listening to the R&D guys who love the game. 👍

I already forgot the @Canadan quote but something with "iron covers + something else and the interview went off the rails".

Dan sure knows how to bring an interview to an end! You always make me smile, each and every week.

You're always a pleasure to listen to.

I already forgot the @Canadan quote but something with "iron covers + something else and the interview went off the rails".

Dan sure knows how to bring an interview to an end! You always make me smile, each and every week.

You're always a pleasure to listen to.
thanks for taking the time to listen my good man!! It is ALWAYS appreciated.

Can you imagine the kind of mental turmoil that comes with a bag full of potentially unreleased, pre-production product?

I am trying to wrap my head around it, especially after good shots... All you want to do is scream about it from the rooftops haha

Agh my podcast app didn't update before I left the house! I'll be listening to this one on the way home. TEE is a line that has been top of mind when considering new clubs lately.

Great listen @Canadan. Everytime you or others talk to tour edge it reminds me that at my next fitting they need to get a shot.

Great show as always. Love all the product talk and tease of upcoming releases.

The Bourbon Bash mention was nice upfront, still basking in the after glow.

Wish I could have had a round with you, but something to look forward to for next time.

Keep it up. Always look forward to it, best podcast going!

fun listen. I always like when you have gear heads with in the industry on. Those that you can tell like diving into equipment as much as they like making it.

Great show as always. Love all the product talk and tease of upcoming releases.

The Bourbon Bash mention was nice upfront, still basking in the after glow.

Wish I could have had a round with you, but something to look forward to for next time.

Keep it up. Always look forward to it, best podcast going!
I look forward to that round very much!

fun listen. I always like when you have gear heads with in the industry on. Those that you can tell like diving into equipment as much as they like making it.
Until I started obsessing about UTs 😄

He's one of those "sensible" people who use woods and hybrids ugh

Until I started obsessing about UTs 😄

He's one of those "sensible" people who use woods and hybrids ugh

Nobody is perfect.. lol

Last edited:
I’ve got the EXS 220 Ti 22 degree 4 utility and it is such a fun club to hit.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening. If the last few releases from TEE are any indication, Matt has TEE moving in the right direction for making the best clubs for your money on the market. It was interesting hearing the conversation about the differences between the C721 and C722. I am a higher swing speed guy and I like having the heavy weight in the back for the extra forgiveness. I have never had more success with a driver than I've had with the C722. I didn't hit the C721, but it sounds like the heavy weight forward in the C722 is similar in performance.

One question I wanted to ask and not sure if Matt is the guy to answer it, but has TEE considered expanding its options for shafts for their irons? I would like to see a heavier steel option available. Other question would be, should we expect an option on their forged iron offerings?

Finally got some time to listen, another great episode. I find that my favorite listens tend to be when designers/engineers are on the show and they spend some time talking about why clubs have been designed certain ways, what goes into the forethought, etc. Great observations on why Tour Edge sticks with the E and C in the Exotics line and then has Hot Launch, and why price consideration is so important in how consumers view the quality of the products.

This just makes me want to try E722 irons more and more.

Finally got a chance to listen enjoyed all the talk about the equipment and changes made. Would be cool to see all the one offs or weight modified versions they’ve done for players over the years.

Can you imagine the kind of mental turmoil that comes with a bag full of potentially unreleased, pre-production product?

I am trying to wrap my head around it, especially after good shots... All you want to do is scream about it from the rooftops haha
Matt mentioned how always prototyping probably hurts his game but you could also tell how geeked he gets over it and how much fun he has with it. I respect the tinker.

How much fun would it be to take the empty machine and go a little nuts with some prototyping stuff?

And November eh🤔

The fact that they seem to offer reasonable junior sets is pretty cool as well. A bag and enough clubs to play a round with for under $200 feels impressive.

Other question would be, should we expect an option on their NEW forged iron offerings?
FIFY

I was waiting for the hiccup where he mentioned something in his bag :LOL:

The good little tease of, "wait a few months for more info"

Gear heads would love to be in Matt's position of getting a new club every month or so to demo/prototype

FIFY

I was waiting for the hiccup where he mentioned something in his bag :LOL:

The good little tease of, "wait a few months for more info"

Gear heads would love to be in Matt's position of getting a new club every month or so to demo/prototype
I was hoping for a hiccup

Back