Sorry if this was addressed already. For anyone who has compared the 9° vs the 10.5°.

Besides the launch angle differences did you notice any other significant differences? Spin, forgiveness, overall distance?

I read that CG was different and am wondering how that affected flight and forgiveness? Would it be more beneficial to go 9° or turn the 10.5° down? Sorry, a lot of pondering happening right now.

Sorry if this was addressed already. For anyone who has compared the 9° vs the 10.5°.

Besides the launch angle differences did you notice any other significant differences? Spin, forgiveness, overall distance?

I read that CG was different and am wondering how that affected flight and forgiveness? Would it be more beneficial to go 9° or turn the 10.5° down? Sorry, a lot of pondering happening right now.
I haven't hit the 9* so I cannot compare the differences but I would say it really all depends on your swing and launch angles. Also of note the 9* head has a flatter lie angle than the 10.5* head. This played a role in my decision to go with the 10.5* Head.

In my fitting I tested both the 10.5 and 9.0 degree LTDx LS. The 10.5 had a definite left bias for me, even lofted down to open the face, compared to the 9.0 head lofted up. As someone who tends to miss left anyways I went with the 9.0 degree head lofted up +1.0.

I would recommend testing both and adjusting the loft and lie angles with the adapter to see which gives you the best fit.

I haven't hit the 9* so I cannot compare the differences but I would say it really all depends on your swing and launch angles. Also of note the 9* head has a flatter lie angle than the 10.5* head. This played a role in my decision to go with the 10.5* Head.
In my fitting I tested both the 10.5 and 9.0 degree LTDx LS. The 10.5 had a definite left bias for me, even lofted down to open the face, compared to the 9.0 head lofted up. As someone who tends to miss left anyways I went with the 9.0 degree head lofted up +1.0.

I would recommend testing both and adjusting the loft and lie angles with the adapter to see which gives you the best fit.

Thank you for the responses.

I am looking for my son who is currently playing the 10.5 and loves it. As he swings faster I am seeing the ball climb and getting higher spin numbers. The fittings he has done have been less than stellar and it's hard to spend more money on another fitting.

The opportunity to buy a 9° came up at a good discount so I am trying to decide if it's worth spending the money for the experiment.
Thanks again for the input.

Thank you for the responses.

I am looking for my son who is currently playing the 10.5 and loves it. As he swings faster I am seeing the ball climb and getting higher spin numbers. The fittings he has done have been less than stellar and it's hard to spend more money on another fitting.

The opportunity to buy a 9° came up at a good discount so I am trying to decide if it's worth spending the money for the experiment.
Thanks again for the input.
Sounds like you might want to look at the LS model if you are seeing too much spin. The 9* head will have slightly lower spin than the 10.5* but not as much as the LS model would.

the LS and I finally had that round where everything worked off the tee. playing partners were interested in seeing "the goods"

Utterly shocking day with the driver yesterday :LOL: The big slice has pretty much gone but replaced by a straight push or a big slinging hook. Clearly the work on coming from the inside more has worked but now just need to get everything timed up right. As usual the ball was being smoked on the range...sigh. Absolutely no fault of the driver though, absolutely solid strikes every time and the distance that comes out of this is unreal. Sits perfectly behind the ball for me, and the most confidence I think I've ever had over a driver.

Not a huge sample of data as yet, but my ShotScope data for the clubs - significantly longer than my previous driver, partly due to a couple of swing changes but mostly down to the spin coming way down to manageable levels and just the fact that the LS is a straight rocket launcher. We'll leave the FIR statistics out of it for now :LOL:

distances.png

And before anyone mentions it, yes I might have topped my 5w a couple of times and have just used the 5i to come out sideways from the trees :ROFLMAO:

For anyone following my live round this evening, my LTDx driver was feeling pretty good!!

I made some adjustments over my last few rounds; standing closer to the ball and teeing it down by about 1/8”.

My best from tonight, on hole #9 at my home course:

0C091539-9500-42D7-8571-B3E73D809E16.jpeg

Let’s see who is going to win one of these this weekend on THP

The LTDx performed beautifully for me during the Morgan Cup and was a weapon on Saturday. I had the tee on hole #1 in alt shot, it didn't really call for driver, in fact if hit poorly it could have started us off in big trouble. I had hybrid in my hand to avoid the water and Jose said hit your favorite club. I put the hybrid away and pulled the LTDx and smoked it right down the middle. Under pressure, it was perfection. Love this unicorn!

Not sure where to put this, so here it goes.

I had an NV65 NXT shaft for this head. I seem to take the lefts (or the hard lefts) out of play with heavier shafts. First tee set to 9.5 (standard, not draw), dead straight - I am not a long hitter but had some really nice drives nothing really terrible - did have one that was a bit of a hook late in the round, it hit fairway and then took off left (not a bounce, my poor swing). I will continue to play this club and see what it can do for me compared to the current gamer - of course I may need data (and the LM is in storage - I feel like a such a stupid packing all that stuff away).

I was very very pleasantly surprised - mainly in that I had no practice with it. Plenty of forgiveness built in (not sure how much more the Max would/could offer). Playing partner suggested I reach out to Cobra for a heavier back weight, that would only increase height of the drive (is that correct)?

Club feels light compared to the Rogue ST Max and the ST-Z 220 - but that is just in hand head only feel could be me. That's where the reach out to Cobra came from - I could also fix with lead tape - or, again, could be me.

Not sure where to put this, so here it goes.

I had an NV65 NXT shaft for this head. I seem to take the lefts (or the hard lefts) out of play with heavier shafts. First tee set to 9.5 (standard, not draw), dead straight - I am not a long hitter but had some really nice drives nothing really terrible - did have one that was a bit of a hook late in the round, it hit fairway and then took off left (not a bounce, my poor swing). I will continue to play this club and see what it can do for me compared to the current gamer - of course I may need data (and the LM is in storage - I feel like a such a stupid packing all that stuff away).

I was very very pleasantly surprised - mainly in that I had no practice with it. Plenty of forgiveness built in (not sure how much more the Max would/could offer). Playing partner suggested I reach out to Cobra for a heavier back weight, that would only increase height of the drive (is that correct)?

Club feels light compared to the Rogue ST Max and the ST-Z 220 - but that is just in hand head only feel could be me. That's where the reach out to Cobra came from - I could also fix with lead tape - or, again, could be me.
Moved to equipment forum

I put a Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S shaft in my LTDx LS 9.0 driver before the Morgan Cup and it has performed pretty well but it is definitely right biased which is not typical for me.

So I bought some other Graphite Design shafts off of EBay to try and straighten things out. The Tour AD-VR 6 S shaft arrived yesterday and I built it up with a Cobra adapter and put a grip on it and tried it today.

It is too left biased! Switched it out after four holes.

I’ve got a Tour AD-IZ and an MT coming soon.

Hopefully one of those will be the one!

Posting back here again after not having been in this discussion for months.

At the beginning of the year I decided to upgrade from my old speed zone to the ltdx. In my time working with a fitting in the simulator the 9.0 standard ltdx seem to be the best fit for me however one session on the range at the beginning of the year and it was clear that I was not seeing what the launch monitor was telling me. Everything was low and to the right which seemed to make sense as traditionally I tended to play higher lofted drivers and the 9 degree just wasn't a good fit.
Needless to say I tried the 10.5 which seem to hit too high and spend too much tried the ls model and was really not sure about it.

I ended up getting the Mizuno ST z220 which was a fantastic driver for the golf season. I got my handicap down to its career low by end of season at 3.6 and my driver consistency had a lot to do with it.
However two things about the Mizuno always had me wondering. Firstly I seem to have more than my fair share of Mrs where it would overfade out to the right which was not my normal pattern. The second thing was that I felt that there was maybe a little more distance on the table for me.
One of the things that led me to believe that was trying a friend's Cobra that was a 10.5 standard lofted down to 9.5 but with a more premium shaft and I hit it head-to-head against my Mizuno on the same hole both with well struck drives and the Cobra ended up 15 yards longer.

For any of you who live in Canada you are well aware of golf town and their annual demo Day sale which started approximately 10 days or so ago. Unfortunately I was out of the country when the demo started and most of the best products were gone.
I did go into my local golf town and they had one Cobra left which was the blue ltdx LS model in 10.5°

For fun I hit it against my Cobra which I was going to trade in for something else.
I'm not sure if it's just that my swing has gotten better over the year but I could not believe the results I was getting.
The highest ball speeds I had seen all year in that same launch monitor at golf town was approximately $150 mph. Miss was confirmed with my speed zone that on my best swing of the day hit 150.3.
The ltdx ls model consistently was over 150 and I had a few that hit 155 with an average being more between 152 or 153.
I was launching it consistently between 12 and 14° and about 22 to 2400 spin which were all pretty ideal for me.

Given the reduced price of 380 Canadian or under $300 us I went for it. While my season is effectively over I will work with it and the Mizuno over the winter but I could see this combination while not being quite as forgiving giving me at least 10 yards more which I think over the course of around might be more beneficial.
Ideally the non-low spin model might have been a better option but was not available and truthfully I found this more forgiving than my speed zone which was my daily driver 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

I am hitting 52% of fairways with the LTDx Max 3 wood but it drops down to 39% with the LTDx driver (and the ST-Z220 is at 40%).

It has me in ponder-mode for the LTDx Max head....

I am hitting 52% of fairways with the LTDx Max 3 wood but it drops down to 39% with the LTDx driver (and the ST-Z220 is at 40%).

It has me in ponder-mode for the LTDx Max head....
Once you get below 37% FIR you become eligible for the LS head #keepgrinding

the AD-HD5S does pretty well for me but i cannot wait to get that Diamana TB 60S in (which i was fit into at CC).

I posted a thread about my spin numbers etc. that I just can't wrap my head around. Any ideas from fellow owners/testers?

I posted a thread about my spin numbers etc. that I just can't wrap my head around. Any ideas from fellow owners/testers?
It hurt my head looking before coffee but would use the one that stayed above 2000 spin.

Based on the speed and positive AoA those spin numbers don't seem impossible necessarily. Being 10 mph lower than your last test might be worth understanding a bit more before making a decision on which head/shaft to go with.

It hurt my head looking before coffee but would use the one that stayed above 2000 spin.

It hurt my head trying to figure out what's enough info and what's too much. I guess I could've just posted screenshots but being an Excel-guy, figured this is the least bad.

Based on the speed and positive AoA those spin numbers don't seem impossible necessarily. Being 10 mph lower than your last test might be worth understanding a bit more before making a decision on which head/shaft to go with.

Not swinging for 3 weeks and being stiff in the back is the culprit. But I couldn't believe that drop in speed would kill the spin so much. :unsure:

Back