Voice Caddie TL1 Rangefinder Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
I have had the pleasure of reviewing several Voice Caddie products since they truly set their sights on the golf industry to differentiate themselves from the pack. With that experience, getting the TL1 Rangefinder in hand made it sink in just how far they have come. Where once was a company seen as a scrappy disruptor, now is one on the brink of being a prize-fighter instead. 

As the “Official Rangefinder of the LPGA” there had better be substance to the newly established swagger, and let me tell you now, the TL1 delivers. 

Voice-Caddie-TL1-Rangefinder-1.jpeg

Quick Take

Voice Caddie has created one of the best performing high-end rangefinders on the market, bar none. The form, weight, and balance are all there while being...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the look and the technology is obviously packed in there. Like you mentioned, could be a really good option for those folks that don’t have the steadiest hands too.

Great review @Jman . I like the part about it keeping steady for tagging even in the hands of those that are unsteady.

Nice to see it has some great bells and whistles - I really like the look of it too.

Great review and wow that yellow pops. Like the look and the auto brightness adjustment. I’ve noticed lately that my hands aren’t as steady anymore and it seems tagging is easy with the TL1.

This is one of those devices that makes me question my other devices and @Jman explains the accuracy part well. Speed is something I never noticed in a laser until you pick up a slow cheap one and then something like this and its kind of mindblowing.

• Staff
Thanks all for taking the time to read.

I’ll say this, and it should say everything. Mine was stolen right after I completed the review, taken out of my cart at a tournament. I enjoyed this enough that I’ve paid for another one. This is the rangefinder im using going forward.

Excellent review James. I fall into the category of not having the steadiest of hand so it was awesome to hear that guys like me had no issue locking into the target with this unit.

This thing sounds LEGIT! I have never used a rangefinder with a magnet which seems like a really nice feature instead of rolling around on a seat or in the dash of the cart. BUT better than that is the Pin Tracer feature, need to check this one out as my rangefinder is getting pretty long in the tooth.

Thanks all for taking the time to read.

I’ll say this, and it should say everything. Mine was stolen right after I completed the review, taken out of my cart at a tournament. I enjoyed this enough that I’ve paid for another one. This is the rangefinder im using going forward.
Seriously? WTF is wrong with people.

This thing sounds LEGIT! I have never used a rangefinder with a magnet which seems like a really nice feature instead of rolling around on a seat or in the dash of the cart. BUT better than that is the Pin Tracer feature, need to check this one out as my rangefinder is getting pretty long in the tooth.
The pin tracer feature is what I’m darn excited about.

This looks like a great unit. I will have to keep it in mind if and when I need to replace my current rangefinder.

Awesome review and I am definitely pondering now! Mine is a roughly 10 year old Bushnell, so definite room for improvement. I'm not going to lie though, I'm REALLY interested in the SL range because I LOVE the hole and green graphics. How does this compare to that range when it comes to speed and accuracy?

Also, hate that you had it stolen. People suck.

Seriously? WTF is wrong with people.
Yup. It was gutting.

But, it’s so damn good, I can’t help but go buy a new one.

Awesome review and I am definitely pondering now! Mine is a roughly 10 year old Bushnell, so definite room for improvement. I'm not going to lie though, I'm REALLY interested in the SL range because I LOVE the hole and green graphics. How does this compare to that range when it comes to speed and accuracy?

In this upper tier, it’s the fastest rangefinder I’ve ever used.

As a SL user, I can comment on this, but keep in mind, I have only used this unit for a single round of golf. The SL is fantastic at its features. Its GPS works great and there is a lot going on. With that said, I am migrating from it to this and Shot Scope or T9. Both give me the GPS features, and this thing is twice as fast.

". . . hold the trigger button and it will lock onto the flag and not the background items." That's a huge feature in my book. The red and green graphics really stand out in the display photos.

Thanks, James!

". . . hold the trigger button and it will lock onto the flag and not the background items." That's a huge feature in my book. The red and green graphics really stand out in the display photos.

Thanks, James!
The red and green OLED display is killer. Absolutely killer.

As a SL user, I can comment on this, but keep in mind, I have only used this unit for a single round of golf. The SL is fantastic at its features. Its GPS works great and there is a lot going on. With that said, I am migrating from it to this and Shot Scope or T9. Both give me the GPS features, and this thing is twice as fast.

Great points for sure. It's also a good bit cheaper than the SL which never hurts.

I like the sound of the red and green display! That’s the one feature I miss in my rangefinder. This thing is faster than NX10? That thing seems lightning fast.

giving this one a little bump for the night crew because it's a pretty impressive unit

This thing looks and sounds legit. I'm content with just GPS at the moment but this will definitely be on the radar if I jump back on a laser at some point.

Great review James, sucks you had your initial tester stolen. The unit sure sounds like it is a high end unit. When my time comes to get a new one, unfortunately may be sooner than I want I will definitely look at this one although I wish it was a little less expensive but for all those features and speed/accuracy I am sure it is worth it. Thanks again.

It's definitely intriguing. As someone who recently lost their rangefinder and finds himself in the market for one, count me interested. I am shaky and have had a hard time locking onto the flags at times. I have also, based on local knowledge, questioned other rangefinders slope elements. Bottom line is that I'd like to check this unit out.

Back