Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Adam Rehberg joins the conversation to talk about everything in the world of Bridgestone Golf.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Adam break down ball fitting and talk about the Pro Am at Firestone. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Adam Rehberg goes Off Course.

Untitled-design-1024x692.png

Episode 124 is here and Dan and Adam discuss the following topics.

The Pro Am at FirestoneSnedeker’s Muddy Ball...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to listening to this one later today after work.

Will fire this one up at some point today.

Excited to dig in, Adam usually holds nothing back!

The talk about durability is very interesting. I didn’t realize paint (or lack there of) played such a factor.

And my Friday just got better!

“Biggest benefit” as a goal in ball fitting makes sense to me. I think blanket statements from companies aren’t always that helpful, so it was refreshing to hear Adam’s take.

My in-round random ball selection would definitely grind some gears :LOL:

How you know @rehbirdie is an R & D guy...."whats that word when something repels water?" I'm sitting there thinking to myself resistant...repellent and Adam goes oh yeah it's "hydrophobic" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How you know @rehbirdie is an R & D guy...."whats that word when something repels water?" I'm sitting there thinking to myself resistant...repellent and Adam goes oh yeah it's "hydrophobic" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Do you like how I didn't even bother to try to find the right word? I just giggled quietly while his brain played pong?

I'll tell you what, fam... I thought some of the information that Adam provided in this one was KILLER. One of my favorite things about the industry folks getting on the pod is when they remember tour stories and we get to hear some of the behind the curtains stuff that may seem like every day happenings for them, but are great for us.

Loved every bit of this one, and I hope you do too.

Will fire this up later this morning. This will be another great show I am sure!

My in-round random ball selection would definitely grind some gears :LOL:
During my weekly sit down brainstorm session for topic ideas, that one popped into my head as it's something I've encountered a few times this year, and I am kind of mad I didn't give him loads of time to rant haha - you could tell it hit him in the feels 😄

During my weekly sit down brainstorm session for topic ideas, that one popped into my head as it's something I've encountered a few times this year, and I am kind of mad I didn't give him loads of time to rant haha - you could tell it hit him in the feels 😄

Yes it did :LOL: I understand his reasoning too. Just one of those things. There’s potential at my course to really lose a ton of balls if you’re a little off. To make up for that, I comb a few hot spots to replenish. I hand the Nitros to my kid lol. I never used to do that, but I’m trying to pay a mortgage too.

Another great listen @Canadan. Tour B RX is my ball of choice from Bridgestone. Good ball and good brand.

This did get me thinking a bit, because I’m so locked into urethane balls. The conditions at my course could allow me to move to something less spinny without losing much performance. The Nick Price story was certainly interesting.

Yes it did :LOL: I understand his reasoning too. Just one of those things. There’s potential at my course to really lose a ton of balls if you’re a little off. To make up for that, I comb a few hot spots to replenish. I hand the Nitros to my kid lol. I never used to do that, but I’m trying to pay a mortgage too.
I'll admit to a couple rounds of ball swapping myself, as finding a couple ProV1's and Chrome Softs while out there can be a bit too enticing - but while he went down the avenue of "who knows what has happened to this ball" avenue, I was thinking purely from a 'similar design' logic.. So if I do swap on my random DGAF rounds, I try to stay in the same family of compression at least. Swapping from a Tour B RX to a ProV1x or ZStar XV is distance control disaster.

I do like to play different balls and vary them round to round, most of my in round variations come from balls left over from previous rounds…. Any balls I find usually go in the shag bag

Excited to dig in, Adam usually holds nothing back!

So far, he doesn’t. Surprised at his candor regarding any rollbacks.

Thank you for not painting the ball

So far, he doesn’t. Surprised at his candor regarding any rollbacks.
right?!

I'll be honest, there were a couple topics he was MORE than happy to discuss that I just didn't feel like entering into hahaha

right?!

I'll be honest, there were a couple topics he was MORE than happy to discuss that I just didn't feel like entering into hahaha

C’mon!! I want to hear!

I found it funny that the e12 Contact was almost always the "bad" ball in the comparisons :LOL: That's probably my favorite all around ball, I'm that golfer in the examples that needs a bit more distance and short game spin isn't really something I look for. Seriously, I'm pretty much asking just for that ball for Christmas so I can stock up for when they inevitably discontinue it like the original e6.

Back