I found it funny that the e12 Contact was almost always the "bad" ball in the comparisons :LOL: That's probably my favorite all around ball, I'm that golfer in the examples that needs a bit more distance and short game spin isn't really something I look for. Seriously, I'm pretty much asking just for that ball for Christmas so I can stock up for when they inevitably discontinue it like the original e6.
haha, I think the point was more that it is just SUCH a different ball from the Tour B X or XS - numbers are surely going to change because of a swap.

haha, I think the point was more that it is just SUCH a different ball from the Tour B X or XS - numbers are surely going to change because of a swap.

Oh, totally! That's why I had the quotes around "bad". It's definitely a different ball from their tour lineup for sure, but for a golfer like me who gets out 2-3x per month and shoots in the 80's while having fun with his buddies, that e12 Contact is pretty much the perfect ball.

I agree with the smalll lanky kid will have a faster speed swing than the huge guy from her gym. My son is a prime example! He’s 125 pounds and swings 115 and drives the ball 308!

I learned a lot from this session. As a female newer golfer (53 y/o), my driver swing speed is 75-76. I don’t hit the ball very far anymore (avg 188-190). I golf only once per week and am just getting back into the game after a shoulder injury. I’m pretty consistent in hitting down the middle. My (dumb) questions are these: what. Is considered a slow swing speed for females? What are the differences between men’s and ladies golf balls? What would you recommend for me?

Thank you!

I really enjoyed this episode!! @rehbirdie is always a great listen!! I am one of those anomalies in that I have a slower swing speed, but Bridgestone fit me into the Tour B XS to raise my spin.

Adam is usually a good conversation and I have a drive later this morning. I will tune in!

right?!

I'll be honest, there were a couple topics he was MORE than happy to discuss that I just didn't feel like entering into hahaha
Just means you need him back on soon!

Fantastic start to this one! The jug machine and the dirt on the ball story was fascinating! I'll get to the rest this afternoon!

I feel picked on when you talked about putting.. I am so bad..

I love his point about the switching of types of balls during the round. I switch between a RX and RXS a lot, not that bad in comparison to some of the other examples given on the podcast.

Loved how you threw in a @mward club twirl reference.

Been playing the Tour BRX ball for awhile now. The E12 is definitely a club longer on irons and rolls out more around the green.

As a long time Bridgestone player the other guys I play with tend to give me every Bridgestone ball they find. One of my good friends is a dyed in the wool Precept Laddie player. Fits his game well.

Keep it up. Love the show.

Need to give this one a listen. Know it's going to be packed with quality content. And I hope there's a nugget or two I can use to turn into some FF smack against @rehbirdie :)

Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Adam Rehberg joins the conversation to talk about everything in the world of Bridgestone Golf.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Adam break down ball fitting and talk about the Pro Am at Firestone. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Adam Rehberg goes Off Course.

Episode 124 is here and Dan and Adam discuss the following topics.

The Pro Am at Firestone
Snedeker’s Muddy Ball Story
Ball Fitting: Driver or Green First
Swapping Balls Mid Round
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Untitled-design-1024x692.png

Continue reading...

So much fun! Thanks to Dan and JB for allowing to shoot the bull for a half hour!

Downloaded and will give a listen later today. Since I'm not playing today, got invited to travel around with the wife's errands.

Love Bridgestone and the new TBX ball has made my top 3. The E12 surprised me and is a great ball too.

“Biggest benefit” as a goal in ball fitting makes sense to me. I think blanket statements from companies aren’t always that helpful, so it was refreshing to hear Adam’s take.
Thanks! Glad the explanation made sense. Sometimes I get a little long winded in those responses!

Last edited:
Adam is such a cool guy! pretty remarkable all the jobs he's had for Bridgestone and all the knowledge he has. Great show and enjoyed listening!

Great listen.
Was that Sweetens Cove in Tennessee?
Very interesting about how they don't paint the balls. Never thought about how Bridgestone Tires can really help with material science with the Bridgestone golf R&D, but that seems like a HUGE advantage in the industry

I liked the story about how they needed to become intimately acquainted with the course, so they had to play 30 holes 😂😂

Good listen and Adam seems like a great guy. I see both merits to testing tee to green and green to tee. I would love to hear more about the data and how they get to their conclusions. I’m BXS player but maybe I shouldn’t be lol!

Love all the tech talk on the ball. Always so interesting to hear how industry experts take different approaches to the development and fitting side of the game.

Great listen.
Was that Sweetens Cove in Tennessee?
Very interesting about how they don't paint the balls. Never thought about how Bridgestone Tires can really help with material science with the Bridgestone golf R&D, but that seems like a HUGE advantage in the industry

I liked the story about how they needed to become intimately acquainted with the course, so they had to play 30 holes 😂😂
Yes, it was Sweetens in TN. We have a fun content shoot day planned out there soon and we had to do some investigative marketing before shoot day! :cool:

Yes, it was Sweetens in TN. We have a fun content shoot day planned out there soon and we had to do some investigative marketing before shoot day! :cool:
I missed that round and am still upset about it hahah.

Man, this was a great listen. The passion @Canadan and @rehbirdie have for golf was palpable while listening.

All the deep dive into the tech was great and makes me wish I had played more attention to materials science class.

Also loves his take on ball fitting. Find the ball that makes the worse part of the better. I'm also in the camp that most mid-handicaps don't need the bonus spin for nippers around the green as half of those 'nippers' are thins across the green.

Fantastic show! I listened to this on my walk yesterday afternoon and found myself stopping to try to rewind on my watch to listen again to something y'all said. Story time about the pros is always good stuff. I would've never thought that dirt or mud would stick to one ball more than another.

I really liked Adam’s analogy of handing someone a new driver half way through the round! It makes so much sense!

Stay with the same ball people!

This was a really fun listen. The ball fitting conversation, and finding the balance of what spin works best, is so interesting. I'm someone who spins it too much off the tee and too little with my irons, so I've been told, so I've been keyed into that more lately.

Also cool to hear how they've tested how the mud interacts with the ball, and the spin numbers based off the first bounce, etc. That's cool stuff.

Back