First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

So, I put some Rapid Taper wedge shafts in the 54/62…..

Hahaha! Only 9 holes so far but…interesting. Full round tomorrow morning!
Love me some Zipcore, so I can't wait to hear more.

I’ve long been a Vokey or MD wedge guy but the last year or so the ZipCore’s are in the bag and I’m not sure they are leaving anytime soon. There isn’t anything the 54/12 Full can’t do inside of 100yds and the 60 full face is automatic out of the bunker. So much so it retired my PM Grind and I never thought that would happen.
Bro let’s talk. I need more insight on the full face because low bounce w grind isn’t working for me lately.

Mat time on the garage sim in the rain and WHY ARE THESE SO DAMN COMFORTABLE?

These wedges are simply a warm cozy blanket for me 😍

I’m liking them more and more. Both full shots and touch shots around the green, they just work.

I’m liking them more and more. Both full shots and touch shots around the green, they just work.
I have no need for a gap wedge but saw one on the used shelf for $80. I do have a little remorse for not taking it home.

These wedges are simply a warm cozy blanket for me 😍
It took me a little bit to find my groove with these, but I’m glad I didn’t give up. They are really solid for my short game

I need to work on how I move these through the rough.…
C7167118-341E-4BF6-B409-C163F53F52BB.png

I need to work on how I move these through the rough.…
View attachment 9103322
That's surprising. For me, I felt that they went through the turf very well. Played my normal stroke, and my 58* got though it well. I don't always have rough that is PGA tour level thick though either :p

That's surprising. For me, I felt that they went through the turf very well. Played my normal stroke, and my 58* got though it well. I don't always have rough that is PGA tour level thick though either :p
It’s probably more when it gets fluffy. Its likely more me reading the lie compared to club but it’s a pretty stark difference.

It’s probably more when it gets fluffy. Its likely more me reading the lie compared to club but it’s a pretty stark difference.
I've been working on trying to take a few extra practice swipes to get a feel for the turf, especially in the rough. Gives me a good idea of how it's going to impact the club.

Plus, I also hit tons of chip shots. I'm able to go out back, throw a bunch of balls down, and hit them at they lie. Sometimes it's a narly lie, but I go with it. I get used to seeing my ball buried, on a thin patch, with a grass bunch behind it, etc. Has really helped me from the rough.

Was throwing darts with these last night. Had 8 shots ranging from 70-100 yards. Put 7 on the green and 4 of those within 8'. Was a ton of fun.

I have CBX2's, and I just love them. From 100 in, or greenside, very predictable. Chips are really where these wedges shine. I can get a 2 piece ball to check with some rollout, and its a good thing. Cleveland makes a great product, and I have only played Cleveland wedges for as long as I can remember..My confidence is thru the roof when I set up with my CBX2's. Zipcore is a good looking club...

Reactions: JB
I have CBX2's, and I just love them. From 100 in, or greenside, very predictable. Chips are really where these wedges shine. I can get a 2 piece ball to check with some rollout, and its a good thing. Cleveland makes a great product, and I have only played Cleveland wedges for as long as I can remember..My confidence is thru the roof when I set up with my CBX2's. Zipcore is a good looking club...
Zipocore is a great wedge. Love the feel and consistency I get around the green with my 58*. Haven't played the CBX2's, but I do have an RTX-3 CB 50* in the bag that I love on approach shots. All around, they make some great wedges, but I might need to try out the performance and forgiveness of the CBX Zipcore soon.

are these still awesome wedges? pondering if I buy these or wait for next year's releases of wedges.

are these still awesome wedges? pondering if I buy these or wait for next year's releases of wedges.
I still really enjoy mine. Such a solid, consistent wedge. If you can find a deal, I'd jump.

more so than snake bites... I was reading your comparisons. both are options in this scenario
They are both really good, just different. If any of the comparisons or the bag battle thread led you to any questions fire away and I’m happy to offer my opinion on it

I know I should just wait for the new model. But replacing the rtx zipcore tour rack with a new one for $120 is tempting. :unsure:

I know I should just wait for the new model. But replacing the rtx zipcore tour rack with a new one for $120 is tempting. :unsure:
If it works for you (y)

They've been so good to me. And I have a great comfort level with them. That price just sounds like a good deal on the great club!

Back