Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Just a quick plug for the work the RadSpeed hybrid did for me today. I can explore further out on the toe than I deserve to still hold the target line.

5 hybrid ponder engaged…

Potentially unpopular opinion…

Having both this and the LTDx Big Tour versions, same loft, same shaft…the Rad is just a better performer for me. Weight forward is way more useful than the orientation in the LTD for me….more sizzle off this face

I think the RADSPEED FW's are marvelous. Will be in my bag for a long time.

Potentially unpopular opinion…

Having both this and the LTDx Big Tour versions, same loft, same shaft…the Rad is just a better performer for me. Weight forward is way more useful than the orientation in the LTD for me….more sizzle off this face
I wouldn't disagree. The RadSpeed hybrids fit me so well I haven't really looked much at the LTDx beyond a couple swings in the bay and the reason I'm pondering getting it in the 5 version.

Only gamed my RadSpeed 5w for two rounds, but I'm absolutely smitten. I had no range time with it, and my first swing on the course was a slightly chunky approach on a par 5 that came up about 15 yards short. The second swing was off the tee on a 240-yard par 4, slightly downhill. Dead straight and landed center of the green. Eagle putt burned the right edge, but who doesn't love a tap-in birdie? I'm so impressed that I already have a RadSpeed 4H on the way.

RadSpeed 5h has arrived!!!

RadSpeed 5h has arrived!!!

Just bought 5H today!! Decently please with feel and direction. Like the spin I was getting just by looking at the ball flight. Can’t wait till weekend to put it in play. 5i will stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought 5H today!! Decently please with feel and direction. Like the spin I was getting just by looking at the ball flight. Can’t wait till weekend to put it in play. 5i will stay home.

Man, I’m jealous as I haven’t had a moment to hit mine yet. Hopefully I can also get out this weekend.

Put Radspeed 5H in play over weekend. Direction, ball flight was great. Only thing I am concern was distance I was getting. It’s little shorter than I was expecting. It was spinning lot more than I was expecting. Maybe that was the reason for lack of distance. Need to put in play few more round to control the spin.

Par 5, 210 yards out, RadSpeed hybrid in hand, landed like a butterfly on the back of the green 😎

I love this club.

Put Radspeed 5H in play over weekend. Direction, ball flight was great. Only thing I am concern was distance I was getting. It’s little shorter than I was expecting. It was spinning lot more than I was expecting. Maybe that was the reason for lack of distance. Need to put in play few more round to control the spin.

How has it been working out for you with a little time to settle in?

How has it been working out for you with a little time to settle in?

Similar result as my first experience.
Lots a spin and result is shorter distance compare to my 5i (Miz 225 pro bent 1* weak at 25*) It’s almost like 5.5 iron if that make sense.
It’s very versatile club for me on actual course play. Fairway bunker, deep rough etc. All easy to use with good results. Generally I am happy with club. Very forgiving club. What surprise me the most is how it does not hook on me. Face looks square and results shows it. It’s definitely a “utility club”.

Looking at a Radspeed 3h but wondering is the latest generation of hybrids that much better?
Is it worth paying an extra £150 for a G430 hybrid?

Looking at a Radspeed 3h but wondering is the latest generation of hybrids that much better?
No there's probably no noticeable difference in anything from the last 3 years.

fwiw my RadSpeed 4h has been one of my favorites in my bag since I got it, is newer better, probably, but the value call of money is yours alone. From what I’ve seen i personally wouldn’t spend the extra

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to have a swing of both to see how they match up. I’m leaning towards saving myself some money.

Par 5, 210 yards out, RadSpeed hybrid in hand, landed like a butterfly on the back of the green 😎

I love this club.
Rinse repeat today. It is going to take something special to keep this out of my bag longterm

Only gamed my RadSpeed 5w for two rounds, but I'm absolutely smitten. I had no range time with it, and my first swing on the course was a slightly chunky approach on a par 5 that came up about 15 yards short. The second swing was off the tee on a 240-yard par 4, slightly downhill. Dead straight and landed center of the green. Eagle putt burned the right edge, but who doesn't love a tap-in birdie? I'm so impressed that I already have a RadSpeed 4H on the way.
Still gaming it? Buddy of mine lent me his and found some great results with it so far during the testing.

Still gaming it? Buddy of mine lent me his and found some great results with it so far during the testing.
I’m guessing this relates to the 5w, but I’m still gaming to RadSpeed 4h. It’s my workhouse and I’ve found anything that clearly beats it yet for me.

Technically, yes, but in reality I'm not gaming anything these days. I've been rehabbing an elbow for months. Only played 9 holes all season, and that didn't go well at all. But you can bet it will be in the bag when I get back out there.

I love this club.
It did it again.

I love this club.

They’ve multiplied
AA035AD2-226C-4AF8-A56C-B6F9154C0155.jpeg

Starting to get a bit more comfortable with the 6H. And the 4 and 5 continue to be workhorses and safest clubs in the bag as we get into release season.

What shafts do you like in these? I’m fighting a hook with these in a bad way.

Spent some time at the range with my old reliable Radspeed 3w. I made a mistake last year and accidently put midsize grips on my clubs. Soon after that I got new irons but my 3w still had the midsize grip on it all last year. I recently got all my grips changed out so it is back to a standard grip for me.

That being said I haven't really used the club that much in the last few rounds so I wanted to see what I had with it. I spent some time taking it off the deck and yup still an amazing rocket launcher. I also did a few off the tee and it was great but will still employ the strategy that I use driver unless I can get into hazards.

Back