I’ve done a lot of reading on the sim/LM topic lately and it seems to me that photo-based units are the more consistent option indoors.

My son has some serious challenges with alignment :beat-up: We are working on it, but I regularly ask “watcha aiming at kiddo?” He hates it :LOL:
I play with grown men I have to ask that of.

This is one of those conversations (alignment) where I just sort of nodded my head in agreement, meaning I'm well aware it's an issue for me. There's really no excuse I don't bring an alignment stick to the range each time! Appreciated the conversation and insight.

Now I’ve got to know what the place with the simulator is 🤣.

Not sure if I'm more or less worried about my alignment as I have no issue switching between on course and sim. :unsure:

I never check my alignment. I have in the past and it actually has been pretty good each time, so now I just trust it lol.

The simulator stuff was interesting. Playing on them is definitely a little weird.

Alignment is so personal yet so important. You saw one “little” thing with my shoulders and that “little” thing was producing a polar opposite ball flight from what I’m used to.

Alignment is so personal yet so important. You saw one “little” thing with my shoulders and that “little” thing was producing a polar opposite ball flight from what I’m used to.
"hello fellow golfer, let me offer my unsolicited, uneducated opinion of your setup" 😄

I never check my alignment. I have in the past and it actually has been pretty good each time, so now I just trust it lol.

The simulator stuff was interesting. Playing on them is definitely a little weird.
I wonder if it's just like everything else in golf for me... The anomaly who is okay on the course but wrong in every facet in this condition haha

Great episode as always gents! Finished it on the way home tonight and the topic you were talking about for next time really got me fired up...do that soon yeah??

Great episode as always gents! Finished it on the way home tonight and the topic you were talking about for next time really got me fired up...do that soon yeah??
We joked that we got done that could have probably done 5-6 episodes with all the topics we intended touch, that we just didn’t. Hahaha

Fun listen as always. I feel like everyone struggles with alignment, I dislike sim golf very much as well. Mainly because I don’t have my own 😂 and also I end up chasing numbers

I finally got to listen to the second half of this. Fun convo guys.

Arizona????

Got to listen to this yesterday, finally.

For quite a bit of time, I was swinging in a simulator every day during the work week. The sim would detect where the ball was laterally, and automatically adjust the aiming, so that if you hit the ball square into the screen, it would travel exactly where you were aimed. You would adjust the aim on the touchscreen, and by aim, it really was your intended start line. The negative thing about it was it was very easy to have proper alignment indoors, and transferring that to the course was very difficult. Even without the sue of the simulator, alignment on course is still tough. And reading through some of the responses, it sounds like my left eye dominance helps to partially explain why I set up closed.

I 100% agree and appreciate @Jman's take on missing putts. Sometimes you just miss. Golf is hard. I think @Canadan needs to be a part of next year's Data Experience :LOL:

Back