CONTEST Live Update Thread: The Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

could have been the 30 or so shanks i hit on the range

or the cornucopia if various alcoholic beverages still warring amongst themselves in my stomach

or the complaints from my quaff buried under the hat
It was definitely the 30+ shanks on the range. You were disgusted in yourself as you walked away

A little of Walker's putter for you LHers.

Blue finish, blue shaft and a blue Sweet Rollz grip. It sure was pretty!! True story... Wednesday night Walker says "Ro if you are a good putter you can beat me easily, my putting is absolutely horrible!" I go to bed happier than a pig in poop thinking I may really have a shot in the morning. Nope he lied. He was lights out with the flastick all day. He misses 1 putt he should have made. @texasranger2012 I believe nothing you say to me... except for the 2022 Mizuno ball. Everything you said about both versions was dead spot on.

Question: What was everyone's favorite new piece of gear today? Fli-Hi? Irons? Wedges? Particular wedge?
Really like the copper wedges. They are soft, and really spin the ball.

It was definitely the 30+ shanks on the range. You were disgusted in yourself as you walked away

just had to get them out of my system!

Question: What was everyone's favorite new piece of gear today? Fli-Hi? Irons? Wedges? Particular wedge?
Yes! If I have to narrow it down I gotta go with the 923 HMP’s. I’m giddy with excitement to get them on a launch monitor. I know I’m hitting them longer and I’m positive I’m getting better numbers all around. It was really hard to determine yardages out on the course but once I get them dialed I have a feeling they’re going to be deadly.

Really excited to share once I make it over there on Monday.

Yes! If I have to narrow it down I gotta go with the 923 HMP’s. I’m giddy with excitement to get them on a launch monitor. I know I’m hitting them longer and I’m positive I’m getting better numbers all around. It was really hard to determine yardages out on the course but once I get them dialed I have a feeling they’re going to be deadly.

Really excited to share once I make it over there on Monday.
What shafts are in your MHP's? 🤔

Recoil 95’s. Stay tuned tho the Recoil Dart 90s will probably go in soon.
Is there a big difference between those two shafts? I am going to be ordering the HMP 923's as soon as they are available. Trying to determine if it is a good time to switch to graphite in my irons. I hear great things about the Recoil 95's. Will the Dart 90's be an improvement?

Is there a big difference between those two shafts? I am going to be ordering the HMP 923's as soon as they are available. Trying to determine if it is a good time to switch to graphite in my irons. I hear great things about the Recoil 95's. Will the Dart 90's be an improvement?
There are a lot of thoughts on the dart 90s that are being tested by a few different guys in this thread. https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../ust-mamiya-recoil-dart-shafts.8926795/unread

Short answer is to me the darts play just a tad stiffer and I think I like the middle of the road between stiff and regular.

Going back through pics Is it weird this belt is in the TPC pro shop?
AD477B4A-5D0E-451C-B388-4B8E4154D9BD.jpeg

Heading out here shortly with the new 225’s, wedges, and Fli-Hi. So ready to take on my home course with these amazing sticks.

Heading out here shortly with the new 225’s, wedges, and Fli-Hi. So ready to take on my home course with these amazing sticks.

my oldest asked me if he and i would be playing sunday afternoon. the look on my wife’s face answered the question quickly lmao

my oldest asked me if he and i would be playing sunday afternoon. the look on my wife’s face answered the question quickly lmao

I'm particularly fond of the wedges right now. Don't sleep on the T-22's, they are every bit as good as anything else out there.

hope the last stretch went smoothly

It did, although the FA yelled at me for having the seat back...I was asleep with ear pods in and didn't recline the seat when I first sat in it. 🙃

I want a Fli-Hi. Why did y’all think of it?

Also, I’m a huge Mizuno irons fan. @JB do you think Mizuno would ever think of doing something like the Morgan Cup or The Grandaddy and focus on an entire bag of clubs? I’m interested in their woods, wedges, and putters as well.

Copy/paste from our group text that will hopefully continue on indefinitely.

I just got done with nine. These HMP's are freaking nukes. now that I can see them at a place I'm used to. I'm hitting the ball at least 15 to 20 yards further than usual.
New ball is pretty darn good too.​

Back