CONTEST Live Update Thread: The Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

My thoughts on the golf I'll write up in the next couple of days. This is just my shout out/thank you.

@JB thank you so much for this fantastic opportunity. You were a gracious host and your quick wit was fantastic.

@GolferGal the unsung hero. The accommodations were great and the dining selection was off the charts. You could make a fortune as an event planner and if I ever need one, I'm calling you first.

@Vosh68 Captain, my captain. We tried, failed but had a blast doing it. Fascinating hearing you talk about golf, I could pick your brain for days.

@texasranger2012 it was a blast playing against you for the two days. I'm glad I at least put you off with the power fade thought 😬.

@Deebo76 big man, so great sharing a cart with you for singles. I hope we can get out again some time...maybe with less pressure? Congratulations on the closest to, what a fantastic birthday present!

@That post Roomie! No ham and egging on Friday but what a great time we had. I'll be getting down to play with you again...bet on it!

@Lions81 the quiet achiever! I thought I had a shot against you out of the gate on Thursday but you showed me what's what. Thank you for a great game.

@jmix18 my brother, are we related?? It was 45 seconds not 30, by the way. Mate, we have to get together again.

@McLovin the giant killer with a mane from the Gods! You seem to have been born with 2 funny bones, the laughs and one liners were incredible.

Thank you all again, this was certainly an event that will never fade from memory.

Copy/paste from our group text that will hopefully continue on indefinitely.

I just got done with nine. These HMP's are freaking nukes. now that I can see them at a place I'm used to. I'm hitting the ball at least 15 to 20 yards further than usual.
New ball is pretty darn good too.​
It looks like you wrote it in some sort of poem form….

I want a Fli-Hi. Why did y’all think of it?

Also, I’m a huge Mizuno irons fan. @JB do you think Mizuno would ever think of doing something like the Morgan Cup or The Grandaddy and focus on an entire bag of clubs? I’m interested in their woods, wedges, and putters as well.
Would they? Maybe.
We prefer to be a bit more focused when a company releases staggered like they do. I mean a couple of thousand dollars worth of equipment at a THP Experience is a good portion of a bag.

Would they? Maybe.
We prefer to be a bit more focused when a company releases staggered like they do. I mean a couple of thousand dollars worth of equipment at a THP Experience is a good portion of a bag.
Oh I agree 100%. Irons and wedges make up 78% of my bag. I just love my Mizuno irons so much that I’m sure their woods and putters are just as fantastic!

Oh I agree 100%. Irons and wedges make up 78% of my bag. I just love my Mizuno irons so much that I’m sure their woods and putters are just as fantastic!
They are I purchased STZ driver and 3. I struggle mightily with woods and that continues with the STZ but in good hands they are quite capable I just watched @Vosh68 and @texasranger2012 crush them.

I’ve also got the mcraft iv and it’s straight cash homie.

I want a Fli-Hi. Why did y’all think of it?

the fli hi is so impressive. ask @That post he hit that thing from everywhere and flushed it pretty much every time.

as someone who struggles with launch and spin, i was very happy with the fli hi 4 i ordered. off the tee and fairway i hit some shots that really opened my eyes. it’s a club i’m very excited to get to know.

the fli hi is so impressive. ask @That post he hit that thing from everywhere and flushed it pretty much every time.

as someone who struggles with launch and spin, i was very happy with the fli hi 4 i ordered. off the tee and fairway i hit some shots that really opened my eyes. it’s a club i’m very excited to get to know.
Haha.. yes I did. Not necessarily by choice but being a shorter hitter I had to from 6700y. I definitely got to play it off of all kinds of different surfaces since I was spraying the driver all over the place 🤣

The 3 fli-hi is going to be a really great club for my bag.

And the winner is @Carolina Dundee

Please send @GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address along with T-Shirt size.

Need a closeup of that shirt 👍🏻

aloha_II_teal_front__43339.1662483872.jpg

Finally! I started on page 42 earlier today, and I didn't skip a single post. What a $*&^%*% experience!

Congratulations to all of the participants, a huge attaboy to THP (as usual) and a massive thank-you to all who worked hard to keep the forum updated with scoring.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but experience after experience the bar raises each and every time.

New irons seemed to work out alright! 🔥🔥

i definitely hit some nice shots. but the scary thing is i missed a bunch. still found more greens when i fully expected to miss, but i can’t imagine how incredible these things will be for me when i start swinging them a little better!

Great stuff everyone. Solid live thread with videos and pictures. Really great follow!

Back