Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x RCT Golf Ball

Well, I just ordered a dozen off of Titleist.com!!!
Nice! Looking forward to thoughts. What are you going to use them on? Trackman?

Nice! Looking forward to thoughts. What are you going to use them on? Trackman?

I was going to add I am a FlightScope MEVO+ user. An early report from a user with samples said the new ball was rendering "clean spin reads" with MEVO+ with same setup that was showing spin estimates using balls with foil dots. That is promising, but not necessarily a guarantee of accurate reads.

Last week, FlightScope President announced they will be holding a joint press conference with Titleist on use of RCT with FlightScope equipment. I'm taking a flyer to see if this will be an improvement.

I was going to add I am a FlightScope MEVO+ user. An early report from a user with samples said the new ball was rendering "clean spin reads" with MEVO+ with same setup that was showing spin estimates using balls with foil dots. That is promising, but not necessarily a guarantee of accurate reads.

Last week, FlightScope President announced they will be holding a joint press conference with Titleist on use of RCT with FlightScope equipment. I'm taking a flyer to see if this will be an improvement.
Nice!!!

Once I get them, I'll test using 7-iron and driver. I'll buy a sleeve of ProV1x to compare:
- ProV1x
- ProV1x with foil dot
- RCT ProV1x

Henri Johnson, President of FlightScope, said they need more testing time because they want to create a specific ball choice for the RCT in their equipment. Right now, their ball choice is regular and range ball. Interesting that when asked, he said he could not advocate for FlightScope users to go buy the ball. He didn't say "they didn't work." (As my wife will tell you, I am not a great listener. LOL!)

If this intrigues you, stay tuned to this week on the THP forum.

That's quite the resurrection

i’m intrigued about the accuracy of this ball, specifically spin

Been almost a year since @Jman gave us a peek into these, and @JB obviously cooked up something good @AnthonyC and I get to be a part of!

We know they're coming in the AVX and Left Dash now

which obviously expands the options for all of these things, and covers a broader range of player needs. And I don't know the adoption numbers by fitters or anything, but I've seen them and hit them, and I'm wondering how many others have? Or have used them in a fit, or sim league, or in practice, or use them in their home setup, etc. ?

Been almost a year since @Jman gave us a peek into these, and @JB obviously cooked up something good @AnthonyC and I get to be a part of!

which obviously expands the options for all of these things, and covers a broader range of player needs. And I don't know the adoption numbers by fitters or anything, but I've seen them and hit them, and I'm wondering how many others have? Or have used them in a fit, or sim league, or in practice, or use them in their home setup, etc. ?

I belong to a Trackman sim by me called Golf Cave. The numbers improved greatly when I started using the ProV1 RCT. I play AVX, and more recently the Tour Speed, so the new addition of AVX RCT is huge for me.

With Titleist’s site being out of stock for the Left Dash, is it possible they’re coming out with an updated model with RCT?

I belong to a Trackman sim by me called Golf Cave. The numbers improved greatly when I started using the ProV1 RCT. I play AVX, and more recently the Tour Speed, so the new addition of AVX RCT is huge for me.
Oh, so you're going to be waaay better at this than me.

How lovely. :LOL:

I really do appreciate having these balls. The V1x felt like a rock at first, but better swing me have helped that. I do want to say that it appears they do eventually degrade, though the cover seems to last forever.
To give background, I’ve hit thousands of shots with the first sleeve. The cover graphics have taken a beating, but there isn’t any cuts in the urethane.

About a week ago I started noticing strange spin readings with irons. Spin numbers with an 8 iron in the low 3000’s for example. This was from decent shots (not mishits). I ended up grabbing a new sleeve and haven’t seen the problem occur since. Something to keep in mind if you get weird reads I guess.

I messed around with the V1 RCT today at the trackman sim. I play the X, but wanted to partake in something different. The ball gives accurate readings all the time. Fun to see the decrease in spin rpms for me. Also fun to feel the softer ball.

I messed around with the V1 RCT today at the trackman sim. I play the X, but wanted to partake in something different. The ball gives accurate readings all the time. Fun to see the decrease in spin rpms for me. Also fun to feel the softer ball.
I did this the other day too, because I only had the V1s with me. Pretty noticeable differences. And not a single italic spin number.

Back