Salted Smart Insoles For Golf

Customer Service info from their website:
1654226253415.png

So... I was posting in the wrong thread :LOL: Reposting previous entries!

OK, a bit of a video noob... but here is my unboxing video. Working on getting signed in and the soles trimmed. Length is actually pretty good, but the width in the heel area is a little off.

I had to trim the toes, but it is nice they have guidelines on the bottom side per size. Made it easy. Not sure how easy the heel will be.

And now catching up to this evening!

I charged the insoles this week hoping to get down to the putting mat finally. Life is kind of hectic all the time, but seems to get worse when I want to do something out of the norm. Put them in my golf shoes, grabbed my putter and off I went. Put on some tunes, and dug into the training mode in the app. The putting video gives you a quick rundown of why balance and posture matter to your putting stroke, and how to use the insoles to help your putting game. It's just enough to get you moving in the right direction.

1654227454787.png

Started out just kind of messing around. Got a feel for what the drill mode was and how it worked. I exited the drill mode, and the app made me recalibrate the insoles. It took a few tries for some reason. Once it was done, off I went!

So drill mode has two initial options. 1) A metronome to help you develop your swing cadence. 2) COP coaching - Center of Posture I believe. It helps you stay balanced by giving an annoying beep every time you become unbalanced. The beep is the right amount of annoying, as it's supposed to be teaching you but I had to turn it off after awhile. I was hearing it less and less, but still more than I needed.

1654227095148.png

I didn't care much for the metronome, but I there was a countdown feature where the app would sense you were in position and then start a countdown for you to use to make your shot. I used both options, and determined that 3 seconds was enough and my balance stayed closer to center. The repeat mode is where you can settle in and put in your work.

1654227121180.png

You get a video saved of each shot you take which shows your balance and your posture through the shot. This is the start of one of the videos. Wish I was always that close to "centered" but learned tonight that I am not!
1654227020181.png

It saves each shot in succession into a bundle, and then saves that bundle into your swing library so you can review.

1654227405624.png

The insoles are not as forgiving as my stock boost insoles, but my feet don't hurt after 30 minutes on the mat. I'll wear them to the range, but wouldn't wear them for a whole day. Hopefully I'll get out to the range this weekend and get some shots recorded with the app. It records your swing, and the same pressure map from above at the same time (along with some other options).

I had to trim the toes, but it is nice they have guidelines on the bottom side per size. Made it easy. Not sure how easy the heel will be.

The toes were cake - especially since my shoes had the Japanese size right on the tongue... just matched them up. The heel ended up being nearly as easy. There is a small band around the top edge. I think it's intended to be trimmed, just not documented. I trimmed that off each and they fit just fine now (y)

Also letting @tequila4kapp to use this thread for future use and conversation rather than the other one.

Thanks guys.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread everyone. But in a way I’m happy to learn this…it was oddly incredibly quiet in that “review” thread :)

Summary: I feel like the insoles have promise but I have pretty consistently struggled with how to use the tools, and generally am wanting more instruction. I’ve been getting a little frustrated with lack of ease of use.

Starting probably next week these are going to start seeing a lot more use. I have been tied up trying to get ready for a long relay race and spending less time on golf. But that ends this weekend and it time to start polishing up..

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread everyone. But in a way I’m happy to learn this…it was oddly incredibly quiet in that “review” thread :)

Summary: I feel like the insoles have promise but I have pretty consistently struggled with how to use the tools, and generally am wanting more instruction. I’ve been getting a little frustrated with lack of ease of use.
Question for you. Have you done any of the putting tests or drills?
That was a real eye opener for me.

SAME!!!

I did the Power drills yesterday. I couldn’t figure out what to do with the video to get feedback for improvement. Maybe I’ll take my questions offline - ask some of you privately so I can quit being so dense

I did the Power drills yesterday. I couldn’t figure out what to do with the video to get feedback for improvement. Maybe I’ll take my questions offline - ask some of you privately so I can quit being so dense

You aren't dense - I'll give some of my thoughts (this is why we are doing this :) ) I haven't done any of the "power" training, just putting so far.

I initially wanted "Real time" feedback beyond the annoying beeps. Not sure why, but that's what I was expecting. I had to get off of that mindset.

The playback was where I found the better information. So for the putting drills, I set it to let me make 10 putts and then stop. I could then review the feedback. I had to review it pretty quickly so that I could remember what I did differently (if anything intentional). By my last round, I was starting to see much smaller maps of my pressure, though I can't say that I was seeing much better results with my putts. My results were pretty consistent the entire session. More balanced putts might have had a hair better speed control.

I will say, I'm a little sore this morning from fighting my natural "balance" and trying to maintain the balance shown by the insoles. Not too bad, but I lean left quite a bit apparently :LOL:

From Drills I did a putting Metronome drill. Here are my results. This is actually a decent example of what I mentioned before…is this good? Bad? Should I be doing something different? The tool just isn’t super intuitive to me when it comes to using it to get feedback and take corrective action.

15BEADD2-B44C-4E56-BF29-DBB6A4740F69.jpeg

The feedback and data you fellas are getting from the insoles is amazing. Now I am starting to wonder what my balance is while putting.

From Drills I did a putting Metronome drill. Here are my results. This is actually a decent example of what I mentioned before…is this good? Bad? Should I be doing something different? The tool just isn’t super intuitive to me when it comes to using it to get feedback and take corrective action.

View attachment 9093612
Tour players are closer to 50:50 according to Quintec and the weight distribution of amateurs is approximately 60:40

View attachment 9093612
So your weight is a little forward (left), but pretty much stays there. Looks like during your swing your weight transfers forward (toe) and a little back (right). I think in a perfect world, your Start and Finish dots are right on top of eachother, and the trace line doesn't deviate anywhere. That's going to be really hard to accomplish for most of us.

That said... I think you are doing better than me at being balanced and steady through your putting stroke!

The feedback and data you fellas are getting from the insoles is amazing. Now I am starting to wonder what my balance is while putting.

I knew I would have weight towards my toes - it's a wrestling thing. I never have much my weight on my heels when I'm in any sort of "athletic stance". But I didn't realize how much weight was there to start my session last night. Then I realized I was also leaning left - which actually explains some pain I get in my left foot when practicing putting for awhile LOL If the weather cooperates, there is a range session in store for the morning - I'll take the soles and try out the other drills if I can get out there :)

Random observation: I have to have the shoes off of my feet with the charging cords attached in order to turn them on through the App. Not a big deal at all, just something that caught my eye today and I remembered that it was this way before two

Apologies for the lack of testing. I am a week into a foot injury that makes physical activity challenging. After a week of being a guy - "It will get better on its own" - I am trying to get in to see a podiatrist today. I'll do more putting work and report on stuff until I can get onto a course or range.

In the meantime, does anyone have questions the testers can answer?

Hmmm might try these….
As long as you can make time to use the practice modes, they will help you for sure!
I found the most benefit from the putting exercises as I can really only use the full swing exercises at the range right now.

Back