Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

Used this quite a bit at Ballyhack last week at the THP Experience. Impressed.
Speed, accuracy, form factor all work for me. Currently it is on the bag.

Mine is supposed to arrive today.
I was at galaxy today and messed around with their demo unit. All seemed positive.

Used this quite a bit at Ballyhack last week at the THP Experience. Impressed.
Speed, accuracy, form factor all work for me. Currently it is on the bag.
It’s truly an excellent device.

I now have 27 holes in with the NX10. Quick review and initial thoughts:

Pro's -
  • Locks onto the target super quickly. I press the button to turn it on prior to placing it up to my eye. I press the button again with the target in the circle and it locks on quickly with the slope reading.
  • The haptic feedback (little vibration buzz) is nice to let you know you have the target.
  • I was able to lock onto targets up to 200 yds out. I can't hit a green from any longer yardage so I hever had any reason to shoot anything longer but sure it does fine there too.
  • Seems to read accurately. I use a Shot Scope V3 watch and will often compare the laser yardage to see how close they are. Nothing out of the ordinary. I did have one that seemed off, but happened to pick up a tree behind the green then reshot it and it was fine the 2nd shot.
  • Hate to say I had to test out the durablity but I did already. Before I had a chance to even use it, I had it attached via the magnet to the top of my push cart. Accidentally lifted the compartment and forgot the laser was on top of it, and it went flying onto the ground. Also today I rode 18 and twice hit pretty hard bumps in the cart and it fell off the pillar on the cart and onto the cart path. Worked fine after. I think what is happening is the laser is sliding a little on the cart post so by the time you hit a bump it ends up falling off. I tend to always play in a hurry so I am going to have to watch this. I have used other magnetic rangefinders and have hit bit bumps on the course and don't recall them ever falling. The rest of the round I took it off when I was driving and sat it on the seat next to me to avoid any more falls.
  • Nice packaging. If I recall the NX9 pretty much just came loose in a box. The NX10 has a larger white box and the unit itself is surrounded in foam to protect it while being shipped. Also came with two stickers. The PP bullseye looking logo and another one that says "Play with Style/Precision Pro"
  • Nice carrying case - black case that sort of has that silicon rubber feel to it.
  • I noticed that the lenses had a good amount of space between them and the outer part of the case which I like. Helps keep the lenses clean and protected.

Con's -
  • So far the only knock I have is the case itself. It's hard plastic and I have dropped it 3 times and its sort of dented/damanged the plastic. Will add some pics later. I wish that PP made an optional silicon rubber type protective cover for it. I know this would cover the removable panels and such but it would be a nice option for those who want added protection.
  • Optics do not appear as clear as say a Bushnell or Nikon imho but nothing too far off.

Other comments -
  • Could be a pro or con depending on what you like but the rangefinder itself is on the larger side. I like to use 2 hands to steady the aim and so the larger size does no bug me one bit. Having come from a smaller Nikon though if you like a laser to be smaller this one might not be for you.
  • Magnet might not be as strong as others. I have no way to compare this to other magnets...see comments above.
  • I know this is meant to be customized but I think they could have put the model name on it somewhere just to give it a little bit of identity. It does say precision pro on the maget part but its black on black so you really can see it. So from a shelf appeal standpoint it looks a little bland in just the white and black trim.

Any questions, let me know..Happy to answer.

Kinda thought there would be a little more buzz and adoption on this one. As at the price point its a really good value I think.

I now have 3 rds with it and really liking it. Quick to lock on, rarely a bad reading. think I had one on the final hole that cost me a water ball but probably just user error picking up something in the forefront of the green.

My only knock as I mentioned above is the outer case which is pretty hard. I mentiond during my 1st rd with it that It fell 3 times. Below is a picture (3rd pic) of how it nicked the case up. So my only wish would have been for something maybe with that rubbery type of outer layer or an optional silicon sleeve to protect it a little more.

Some other pics I meant to add to my original review post above.

8C7BB382-CEDD-4692-9717-8C63A1B22A59.jpegAD6C4771-D6AB-4A20-AB26-6E6F6496FBDC.jpeg2061058B-3FB3-4997-9362-BB0A856843F8.jpeg4CBB8C7A-48D1-4C92-B72F-B2422177DD7D.jpegB55DEF91-9F18-4B8F-97B9-79D9EB0F9BCE.jpegE45E7889-0228-4951-AE9A-69E8402C0FE5.jpegF2205CF8-472E-4B81-910C-769401B117DF.jpeg69218248-23A2-4958-9634-ADB8ACEBEC87.jpeg510B97EB-B2E8-47D2-A870-D840525E46C9.jpeg71D28876-3923-41CC-AC61-BF813549A93A.jpeg

Looks like they now have College skins for the NX10:

1661797222784.png
1661797236272.png
1661797251210.png

Thats a nice little addition!

$279 $259 on the Precision Pro Labor Day sale...think it ends today.

Still really liking mine. Love it that the first time I hit the button it picks up a target. Sounds like a no brainer, but the last 2 lasers I had really gave me fits with it not reading targets.

Kinda thought there would be a little more buzz and adoption on this one. As at the price point its a really good value I think.

I now have 3 rds with it and really liking it. Quick to lock on, rarely a bad reading. think I had one on the final hole that cost me a water ball but probably just user error picking up something in the forefront of the green.

My only knock as I mentioned above is the outer case which is pretty hard. I mentiond during my 1st rd with it that It fell 3 times. Below is a picture (3rd pic) of how it nicked the case up. So my only wish would have been for something maybe with that rubbery type of outer layer or an optional silicon sleeve to protect it a little more.

Some other pics I meant to add to my original review post above.

View attachment 9115564View attachment 9115565View attachment 9115566View attachment 9115567View attachment 9115568View attachment 9115569View attachment 9115570View attachment 9115571View attachment 9115572View attachment 9115573

I agree. Not sure if my magnet is weak or not or if it was just the “right situation” but mine fell of the cart transitioning from grass to the cart path and fell and scraped up the unit. Totally gut wrencher as it was my 4th round to use it. It seems to work just fine but is all scuffed up now and my OCD can barely stand it.

I love the unit. Hate the scratches. I stopped using the magnet as I was too scared to do it again.

not specific to NX10... but my case for NX9 stopped zipping told PP about it and boom next day new case shipped and today arrived. no cost and I'm off with a safe NX9 on ready to hunt pins and find birdies!

amazing customer service.

I have been using my NX10 for about 6-7 rds now and really dig it. Always gives me yardage on the first push of the button. I press it once to activate it as I am grabbing it and then shoot, press and boom, yardage with slope is there.

One thing I have noticed is the unit is a little larger than others. I have small hands so if you are used to a smaller unit like a Nikon coolshot this one is going to seem large. I use 2 hands though when I shoot targets so no issues there.

I agree. Not sure if my magnet is weak or not or if it was just the “right situation” but mine fell of the cart transitioning from grass to the cart path and fell and scraped up the unit. Totally gut wrencher as it was my 4th round to use it. It seems to work just fine but is all scuffed up now and my OCD can barely stand it.
I think because the unit is on the larger side I think it kinda hides where the magnet part is touching the post. I've notice sometimes that I might not line the magnet up precisely with the post on the golf cart. if not enough of the magnet is touching the post I can see where a bump of the cart would cause it to fly off. now I have done a better job of making sure its secure on there and will feel with my fingers if the magnet is onto the post centered/squarely and had no issues even when hitting some nasty bumps in the cart.

I have been using my NX10 for about 6-7 rds now and really dig it. Always gives me yardage on the first push of the button. I press it once to activate it as I am grabbing it and then shoot, press and boom, yardage with slope is there.

One thing I have noticed is the unit is a little larger than others. I have small hands so if you are used to a smaller unit like a Nikon coolshot this one is going to seem large. I use 2 hands though when I shoot targets so no issues there.
To be fair, the Nikon units are notoriously on the small side.

To be fair, the Nikon units are notoriously on the small side.
They are. I had the Cooshot 50i prior to this unit and that one seems child sized compared to most :)

Just placed an order for one. It was either this or the V5 shift. Can't wait!
Solid unit for sure. Played 18 yesterday. Just watch if you ride and use the magnet. Mine fell another 3 times yesterday upon hitting some bumps. Nothing major either. It keeps on ticking but if they could improve upon something a stronger magnet would be on my wish list. I’m going to reach out to them to see if others are experiencing this. Maybe I just have a weaker magnet than normal.

Yup. Mine works fine but definitely could use a stronger magnet.

Yup. Mine works fine but definitely could use a stronger magnet.

So I am in need of a new range finder, bought my last one used from @Roadrunner about 2 years ago, and would like an updated one. Is there a big difference between the NX10 and the NX9 or NX7. What makes this stand out from the other two?

So I am in need of a new range finder, bought my last one used from @Roadrunner about 2 years ago, and would like an updated one. Is there a big difference between the NX10 and the NX9 or NX7. What makes this stand out from the other two?
curious here... I have the NX9 and wondering if I should upgrade.

I never tried the NX7. I did buy a new NX9 slope last year and honestly it was a non starter for me. If I played a round, I would say 10x at least the optics would show up but it would never read the pin. I ended up sending it back for a refund under their 30 day return policy.

The NX10 Slope has been a night and day difference. It reads the target the first time you hit the button. And when comparing it to my GPS watch always seems spot on for distance. Compared to other competitors its a very good value price wise for the features.
My only gripe is the magnet strength. I haven't played a round yet where it hasn't fallen off the cart post when hitting a bump in the cart. Coming from Bushnells and Nikons, they would fall also but usually had to be a very violent bump.

How do you like the NX9?
love it but I've only used precision Pro nexus and nx9. I also used the Upside and quickly gave that away as it was awful and slow. I honestly don't know what I need it to do better!

I still have my NX9. The only thing I like about it over my NX0 is how it fits in my hand. Other than that, the NX 10 is better in every way.

First leap into range finder land..

Back