Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I play the prior Cobra wedge in black. I have grown to love them. I also have a 56 degree SB, Chrome. I never fell in love. I need to pull it back out in the Fall.

I have been cleared by the doctors to start working on exercises that bend and twist. Added thoracic mobility to the PT routine this week, and you know what that means? Wedge practice. 🔥

Well, chipping and short pitches specifically. Very happy that I am finally hitting shots with my Snakebites. Spent about 15 minutes chasing a ball around with the 54* in the front yard, getting comfortable and starting to hit targets out to about 15-20 paces. I am enjoying the feel, even with (despite?) an old Titleist HP2 I grabbed out of the shag. Sweet! Progress is progress!

Really enjoying these wedges and seeing some great results. Am fairly familiar with Cobra wedges, so the feel wasn’t a huge departure, but the looks are incredible! Black on black was absolutely the right decision for me!

I’m not seeing the crazy spin that a lot of you guys are getting but that is likely to be a mixture of poor technique and trampoline like greens that we have at the moment, but the distance is super consistent and the 60 in wide low is just superb off the tight lies.

The rough at my course has gotten pretty juicy the last month or so, and the 58WL did a pretty good job chopping it out this past weekend. Since I'm using the 58WL on most shots inside 90 yards, the 54V is now kind of a gapping club. Since I'm dialing back how much I open the 58WL for a given shot, it's got me wondering if I could pull the 54 and 58 for a 56WL and open up another spot in the bag.

The rough at my course has gotten pretty juicy the last month or so, and the 58WL did a pretty good job chopping it out this past weekend. Since I'm using the 58WL on most shots inside 90 yards, the 54V is now kind of a gapping club. Since I'm dialing back how much I open the 58WL for a given shot, it's got me wondering if I could pull the 54 and 58 for a 56WL and open up another spot in the bag.
Interesting thought, do you need another club somewhere else? I think the more wedges the better haha

Interesting thought, do you need another club somewhere else? I think the more wedges the better haha
The perpetual tinkerer in my always likes the idea of an extra spot in the bag, but I don't really need one. The 54* has just felt a little underutilized in my last couple bags and I'm always wondering if there's a better setup. Once I'm inside 90 yards if I want to go lower trajectory than a lob wedge I find I usually want to go way lower with something like an iron or hybrid.

Getting into a serious groove with these at the moment, whenever I'm 120 and in with these in hand I've automatically got a green light to go for it. Still not getting huge spin, but have my distances and I'm going after it!

Having said that, somehow managed to get a serious case of the sh***s coming down the last couple of holes last week and managed to rocket 3 in a row 45 degrees right straight into the woods. Will give me nightmares that!

Getting into a serious groove with these at the moment, whenever I'm 120 and in with these in hand I've automatically got a green light to go for it. Still not getting huge spin, but have my distances and I'm going after it!

Having said that, somehow managed to get a serious case of the sh***s coming down the last couple of holes last week and managed to rocket 3 in a row 45 degrees right straight into the woods. Will give me nightmares that!

Well that is always unnerving - good luck next round. I'm sure you will put that behind you! Wrong thread, but remind me when you leave on your North America Tour?

Well that is always unnerving - good luck next round. I'm sure you will put that behind you! Wrong thread, but remind me when you leave on your North America Tour?
Oh it will be completely fine, just got myself out of sync and then it got in my head 😂 I fly out on 30th September to San Diego and then it all starts!

These wedges have grown on me over the course of the season. I am rather enjoying them now. Adding the 58 wide low to the mix has been a nice addition, I really like the full face grooves as someone who tends to miss out toward the toe and out of bunkers its pretty damn good.

Update....we've had a bit of rain, the greens have softened and I can confirm that these wedges spin. Yessir they spin!

Update: I got a cool Rukket chipping target for the front yard and/or indoors. It is an awesome green color. Being able to work on my wedge game again is pretty awesome. And, boy howdy I'm rusty :ROFLMAO:.

Snakebites are awesome, it is fun to have new wedges to play with.

I've always thought that the 60 degree Wilson wedge I have is the most difficult one to hit in my bag. The courses tend to be on the wet/soft side quite often and I often dig it too deep and just take a huge slice of grass and send the ball 10-20m forward. I don't have confidence with it around the green and as such, my 56 degree wedge is my go to club for pretty much everything under 85m.

So I ordered an SB 58WL to come in to the end of the bag to combat this. Additionally I have a LTDx set SW coming to bridge my full swing from 85m (56W) to 110m (GW). Will be interesting to see how the WL behaves and when I get comfortable with it.

Starting to break down my MC prep into different sections. This is the week of the wedge. A lot of G, 54, and 60. Focusing on 100 in and finding ways to get up and down. Practice greens and the range will do the trick.

My course is saturated right now so I figured I might as well practice all of the wet, into the grain lies in my short game practice. Might as well really punish yourself right?

The versatile grind works really nicely in wet ground. A bad swing will still give you a bad result, but it’s nice to not feel the wedge really dig as much on those shots. Tight lies, into the grain lies, it didn’t matter so long as I just put a committed move on it.

It was enjoyable and a fun practice session given the gross conditions, and hopefully one I won’t have to do much longer!

Spent some time with the SB wedges today in the short game practice area. I just really enjoyed hitting these. They are very consistent and interact very well with the turf. As some said earlier, I feel like these really shine out of the bunker. I am not a confident bunker player, but these help so much. Going to be quite the weapon in Mississippi!

I don’t know what I figured out, but I found the spin button on these this afternoon. I was hitting compressed chip shots that even with mud filled grooves were still checking and stopping pretty aggressively.

Not sure what that is about, but I need to test that little move more and see if I can get that on video cause 😳

Spent some time with the SB wedges today in the short game practice area. I just really enjoyed hitting these. They are very consistent and interact very well with the turf. As some said earlier, I feel like these really shine out of the bunker. I am not a confident bunker player, but these help so much. Going to be quite the weapon in Mississippi!
I’ve found them wonderful out of the bunker as well, #teamscallop

Really enjoying hitting these wedges!! After having them in the bag for almost two months now, I can say that the grooves are still as sharp as the day I got them!

I hit a wedge shot with my 52º yesterday to clear a water hazard and I hit it pretty well. I flipped the club over to clean off the grass (as I do after every shot) and I couldn't help but notice the little bits of ball cover that had been shredded off and got stuck in the grooves. Such an improvement from my previous wedges!

Distance control has been spot on too. I'm getting exactly the numbers I'd hoped for when I picked out my set. Right now, these are my Smart Range numbers from Arccos:

- 60º: 83 to 105 yards
- 56º: 111 to 120 yards
- 52º: 119 to 131 yards

For those who've got the blacked out version, how is that finish holding up?

I went chrome and I'm still super happy with that decision.

Way too lazy to go to my car to get the bag out of of the trunk, will photo tomorrow. They've held up nicely.

I don’t know what I figured out, but I found the spin button on these this afternoon. I was hitting compressed chip shots that even with mud filled grooves were still checking and stopping pretty aggressively.

Not sure what that is about, but I need to test that little move more and see if I can get that on video cause 😳
When you locate that button, please let me know!

Way too lazy to go to my car to get the bag out of of the trunk, will photo tomorrow. They've held up nicely.
Haha! How do you like and laugh at a post at the same time?!

Curious about both faces and soles.

I have mine since they came out in black. The wear better then the other black wedges I’ve had.

They are holding up pretty well. I really like how the sole has faded a little bit and the raw logo and text on the back has rusted. I think these would be amazing in a raw version.

Back