LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2022 Titleist Experience Featuring TSR

Now that I'm home, unpacked, and rested, time to jot a few thoughts on the past few days....

Accommodations - Ballyhack was everything I thought it would be and more! The cottages were cozy, the food was amazing, very friendly staff, and those Transfusions...sooooo good!!!

Course - Hole #1 is a great indication of what's in store for golfers the entire round: tee shot into a left sloped fairway, then make sure to have enough club to clear the front of the elevated green (which I failed to do all three times I played #1). Oh, and it gets better from there :cool: Very tough golf course, but not tricked up in any way: you definitely earn your score. Carded a 90 on day one, 90-ish on day two (w/birdies on 5 & 17). I played with @Golf4Lux , @bigbov , and Jacqueline the first round: we had an absolute blast!! Day two was played with @Golf4Lux , @Jman , and Josh: not only did we have a great time, but watching @Jman and Josh absolutely crush a golf ball with their TSRs was a thing of beauty!!

The THP Players - From the first moment the THP group met at Three Notch'd Brewery, I knew this was going to be a fun few days! Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better group to be in an event with! @Duffer Waldorf , @SkiBumGolfer , @BoilerCLE , @Jman , @bigbov (my squid brother), @Kmench , and @Golf4Lux (my cartmate for two days) were all great golfers and even better people! If any of you need to escape the snow and ice coming your way shortly, come out to AZ and play in an Arizona THP League event!!

THP/Titleist Staff - None of this would have been possible without the support of THP and Titleist! A sincere thank you to @JB and @GolferGal for their tireless work in setting up the Titleist Experience! Then there's the Titleist gang: Josh, Stephanie, and Jacqueline were knowledgeable, generous with their time, and also pretty darn good golfers in their own right!!

TSR Driver/Fairway clubs - I don't have the most repeatable swing, so I definitely have my moments of lol golfing. However, I do know that when I hit it like I should, my TSR driver goes BOOM!! My Titleist fitter nailed it for me: for example, I made a slight adjustment prior to round two, going .75* flat like I normally did with my drivers. After seeing two drives go tailing off to the right, I went back to A1 (standard loft/lie), and my drives went back to straight and long. Not only did it show me that those loft/lie settings do make a difference, but that my fitting wasn't just for show. My TSR 5 wood has also been quite the pleasant surprise: off the tee it's darn near automatic, and off the turf it has been solid. If you don't at least demo TSR, you are missing out!!

Again, I am grateful to THP to be afforded such a wonderful opportunity. Every moment of the Titleist Experience was memorable, and makes me glad to be a part of such a fantastic community!

Shipmates for life my guy!

Got back to south MS last night, and I'm just now going through my rounds and pictures. Preliminary stats reveal something that has never happened to me in my life, and it is making my itch to get back out on the course...

My man @Roadrunner is being humble. Dude is the king of draws from the tee. It’s like clockwork.

My man @Roadrunner is being humble. Dude is the king of draws from the tee. It’s like clockwork.
Agreed... Dude is a machine at starting his ball on right side and drawing right into fairway.

I am really jealous you guys got to experience some of the Goat Track while you were there.

Of all the things I wish I'd done at Ballyhack, that was definitely one of them at the top.

I am really jealous you guys got to experience some of the Goat Track while you were there.

Of all the things I wish I'd done at Ballyhack, that was definitely one of them at the top.

I do really wish we had played the whole thing, but even getting a few holes of it was really cool. Totally different approaches to the greens making for very different targets in some cases.

I do really wish we had played the whole thing, but even getting a few holes of it was really cool. Totally different approaches to the greens making for very different targets in some cases.

That was super fun. I love a good par 3 course.

That was super fun. I love a good par 3 course.

It's probably the best par 3 course I've ever played, and I feel confident saying that even though we only played a portion.

copied this from the TSR thread

So I got out to my range today and they let me play on their Trackman to get some numbers. I didn’t have a great swing today, had to go through a lot of shots to get the handful that I do have.

View attachment 9122790

View attachment 9122791

View attachment 9122792

You can see with the TSR I was swinging about a MPH faster and had about 3 MPH faster ball speed. For whatever reason I had some high spinners with the 3, and it’s definitely got to be my fault. But with those high spinners you can also see the distance I still able to get. The TSR is just an all around beast that is going to be in the bag for a very long time. I can’t wait to get it out on the course or back on the launch monitor with my normal swing. My buddy at the range even told me I looked tired and wasn’t swinging like normal. Once I get some time with them y’all will be the first to know.

Hope you guys like them. Really enjoyed being able to play a round with you, and again I can’t thank you guys enough for everything that you two do for us all here.
Absolutely and while unnecessary, they will be enjoyed.

I think I might be last (or close) to getting my recap posted, but it’s been spinning around in my head the last few days as I’ve tried to decide how to put this amazing experience into words, and then it’s taken me time to get it drafted into a form I’m happy with. But without further ado, here goes…fair warning, I’m gonna break it into multiple posts cause it’s gonna be long.

Firstly, I want to thank @JB, @GolferGal, Jacqueline, Stephanie and Josh from Titleist PROFUSELY for everything they did to organize this amazing event. I know there were bumps along the road with the fittings (especially with how far flung some of us live) and probably lots of other stuff I don’t know about, so thanks a ton for making it happen for all us regular golfers!

Day 1

• Arrived at Three Notch’d Brewing in Roanoke around 1PM and met up with everyone (except @Duffer Waldorf, who was unfortunately delayed a bit). Great time drinking a few, getting a bite and getting to know the whole crew a little bit. Special thanks to @Jman for unexpectedly picking up the tab, what a guy!
  • We all headed over to Ballyhack immediately after and I think every one of us missed the entrance because we were all gobsmacked by what we saw coming around the curve. It really comes out of nowhere in an average residential area and hits you in the face with how picturesque it is. The awesome staff quickly valeted our vehicles and whisked us over to our cottages off the 18th green – nice, understated and perfect for the event. After some group gawking at the amazing 12th right behind us, Jman and I had a couple beers and caught up while sitting on the back porch, then we got on over to dinner.
  • Walking into the dining room at the clubhouse, we greeted Steph, Jacqueline, Josh Talge and JB and got to hearing more about the equipment and cracked into it. *Cue angels singing* There was some time to ask questions over a super awesome Italian meal and whiskey tasting, along with reflecting on what was to come. We all then headed back to the cottages and after some impromptu night putting on the HUGE 18th green, we got to bed, excited for what was to come.

Day 2

• After a bit of a slow morning (perhaps beer, whiskey and Italian food wasn’t the best mix for the stomach…) we got to breakfast, a couple of us grabbed some stuff (or a lot of stuff) from the pro shop and then we headed back to the cottages to get ready to play
  • Range time and chipping/putting time led off the proceedings. There were certainly a lot of oohs and ahhs with those first shots with the new TSR goodness. I immediately got on with the driver (bomb straight and draw balls straight off) but the 4W was a little slow off the gate – at least until Steph stood behind me and asked how it was going. I said the first few swings were iffy and I needed some time to get used to the different weight – and then promptly absolutely HAMMERED one with a baby draw and she goes “guess you got used to it, huh?” It was a great primer for what was to come. Then we got set in our carts and headed off to the first hole.
  • The round with Talge, @Kmench, and my cart mate @BoilerCLE was an absolute blast. Everybody was loving the TSR’s like crazy – although it wasn’t perfect, we all hit some bad shots for sure, but there were some killer shots hit and some bad swings we got away with that we absolutely shouldn’t – including a straight up high block of mine that somehow went 270 that I think has been posted here before. Lots of laughs, lots of great and some bad shots, and most importantly a lot of fun – despite being stuck behind the darn Wine and Golf group!!
  • During the round Talge noticed that I was leaning the shaft way too far forward on my short game shots, and he offered to give me a little mini-lesson on wedge play. I eagerly accepted and he taught me how to use the bounce on the wedge and man was it a game changer…more on that later. He also helped me work on a quieter upper body during my putting. Definitely going to help my game going forward. After that, Talge, Jacqueline and I went out and played the first five holes of the back nine, which was a blast (including a couple birdies!) then we all washed up at the cottages and headed over for dinner.
  • Dinner was mind boggling. We were told it was a clam bake…but it was so much more! LOBSTERS, whole lobsters and tons of them! Whoa! We also had some more questions for the Titleist team and learned a ton more about the process and Titleist’s design philosophy and testing - a lot of which unfortunately I am unable to share directly. But lots of knowledge bombs were dropped…including a bombshell from JB that there would be a chipping contest on the 18th green for new SM9 wedges! So we headed out there and we all hit 2 chips each to a pin, and Talge’s tips helped to the point where I win the contest! Nice! We had a little putting contest afterwards as well which was a great time, and then headed over to the cottages to get packed up, have a couple beers, pack up and hit the hay.
Day 3

• A little bittersweet as we wake up on the last day and bring our stuff into the living room for the valets to grab it, we head over to the breakfast area to get that last breakfast before our last 18 at Ballyhack.
  • The round with Jacqueline, @JB and @Kmench was a great time. I played a little worse than the first round – the driver swing got a bit squirrely and putting was a struggle – but hit a lot of solid iron shots and TSR2 4W shots and had a blast watching @Kmench absolutely hammer the ball and make eagle on the 10th. It was great to finally play with @JB after being involved with the forum for so long, and Jacqueline was a great time to play with – although I need to profusely apologize again for blowing by her tee box so many times…
  • After the round, we all shared a great lunch together in the clubhouse restaurant and reminisced about the last few days and then everybody started to go their separate ways, knowing we would never forget this group and this place.
  • We weren’t quite done though! Steph, Jacqueline, @Golf4Lux and I decided to grab a couple holes on the Goat Track which was a great way to close up the event and get one last taste of Ballyhack. I think each of us managed to grab one birdie too!

Final Callouts

• @JB – As always thanks for everything you do here and for creating this incredible community and these events. Great to finally play a round with you and sorry you had to see anybody putt like I did that day…ugly!
  • @GolferGal – Thanks for all the awesome behind the scenes work with the fitting scheduling, meal planning and everything! You are a rockstar!
  • Jacqueline – Sorry I kept blowing by your tee in the cart…but I really enjoyed getting to meet you and play with you, and learn a little bit about how the fitting approach at Titleist works! Sorry I have no filter when commenting on putting!!
  • Stephanie – Thanks a ton for all the information on the design process and being an open book, as well as for designing such an awesome line of metals! It was also a blast to get to play a few holes with you on the Goat Track!
  • Talge – THANK YOU for the awesome quick lesson, it is going to be a game changer for me for sure! Our round was a blast and your sandy birdie on 2 was super impressive. Also really enjoyed some of the behind the scenes stuff you shared!
  • @Jman – Awesome to get to see you again after such a long time and share a few beers and food and catch up. One of these times we’ll get to play a round together!
  • @Kmench – Loved watching you absolutely hammer the ball and golf the hell out of it, even on a tough track like Ballyhack. An eagle at Ballyhack is sure a nice memory! Really enjoyed getting to know you and hope we get to golf again either in another event or maybe in OH or PA!
  • @BoilerCLE – My dude the plunger putter, so much fun to share a cart with you the first round. We both had our struggles but it was a fun day for sure. Real easy guy to talk to and super positive all the time and he definitely bleeds THP green. Hope we play again soon!
  • @bigbov – Dude is HILARIOUS. Sorry I beat you by 2 inches in the contest but I think you me and JD were having more fun swear-heckling each other on the 18th green in the putting contest than in the actual putting! Anytime you’re in PA hit me up, and I’ll do the same if I’m in Syracuse!
  • @Golf4Lux – This guy is infectiously positive and chatty about golf and life, and I’m really glad we got to play some Goat Track holes together because we didn’t get a lot of direct time. But Richmond isn’t far man, we will play for sure!
  • @Roadrunner – Unfortunately I probably spent the least time with this guy, but he’s a super fun guy clearly based on our time at the lunches and dinners. I know we’re a long ways apart geographically but man I hope we get to share a round sometime!
  • @Duffer Waldorf – Another one I didn’t share a round with sadly (even though I know “Can’t Miss Mike” can golf his ball!), but he was pretty much my breakfast buddy. Both days we chatted about jobs, life, music, and lots more over the awesome Ballyhack breakfast food. I really want to make a round happen sometime, somehow, so let’s figure it out!!
  • Lastly but definitely not least, the staff of Ballyhack – especially our awesome forecaddie for both rounds, Ray – for being accommodating, friendly, competent and just awesome people who were a big part of making this trip as memorable as it was!
That was a LOT, but it was really hard for me to condense my thoughts even to this because the event was just so damn amazing. I can’t possibly say enough, so I’ll just call it here and say I am SO glad to be back in the THP Experience fold and I hope that it isn’t another 5 years until my next one!

One of my favorite moments was someone said yo Lux you got skunk on your three wood. I was like that’s a honey badger to remind myself when swinging that club and when things go bad to not give a damn. The caddie heard that. When I lit into some three woods on some par 5s he was like Honey badger don’t give a damn! 😂😂

Alright, so I've been working on my recap for a little while now - will be posting it in waves as I tend to be a bit heavy on the details :ROFLMAO:...

Day 1 – Arrival Day

A fairly uneventful pair of flights led to one of the calmest, quietest airports I’ve ever been to. In fact, I later told my wife that we need to vacation to Roanoke, just so I can get back to that airport! I met @Jman near baggage claim and had an awesome convo with him while waiting for our ride. Soon after, @Kmench came by and drove us to our meeting place – a pretty cool brewery called Three Notch’d Brewing in downtown Roanoke. @Roadrunner was already holding down the fort, and as the rest of the crew trickled in, it was an awesome way to get to know the rest of the group. @bigbov gave me some ribbing about Syracuse’s comeback win over Purdue, the rest gave me ribbing about the Browns – either Deshaun Watson related or being the first team to blow a 13+ point lead in the last 90 seconds in over 20 years. I loved it – gave it right back to them, and clearly we were going to get along this week!

After a lengthy 3-hour lunch, we finally got to head to Ballyhack. Rounding the corner, the course comes into view – it’s simply incredible. Unlike most courses, you can see at least 12 of the 18 holes from the road, and 4 more would be visible if they weren’t hiding in the valleys between the holes you can see. The scale of Ballyhack is MASSIVE! For a course that can at times feel like a target course, you sure can’t tell that from the road – it looks like every fairway is humongous.

Checking in, the service was incredible. The team didn’t let us lift a bag and gave us our own decked out golf carts with extra-cushioned seats, headlights, gps, and extremely touchy breaks so you could easily get your riding partner to spill his beer while he takes a sip after he drained a 30-footer to beat you on the last hole. They had it all! Off to the cottages where they really thought of everything. The main area was amazing with couches, a stocked fridge, and a poker table (with chips), while the 4 bedrooms each had their own tvs and bathrooms, with plenty of charging ports and even a mini-locker room setup of amenities in the bathroom. WOW!

Out front, we had a view of the 18th green, while the back had some Adirondack chairs and a fire pit overlooking the crazy 12th hole which plunged down some 100 feet before climbing back up to the green. While enjoying our first beers at the course with the crew, we saw a 16-some rolling down the 12th fairway. They had clearly been enjoying themselves (it appears to have been wine), and were playing the Goat Track course – which had tees around 70 yards out from each green and provided unique approaches to each green. Amazing idea for a par 3 course! Anyway, if we thought this group played slow as a 16-some, just wait until they’re spread out in 4-somes in front of us! We’d find out more tomorrow…

Before dinner, I got to talk to the lead caretaker of the goats (who were stationed out behind our cabin next to #12). She told me a lot of things that I unfortunately could not remember after a couple of beers, but I do recall the two of the males were Big Hank and Timmy, while two of the females were Amber and Daisy. They had two more babies they just received for study purposes (I believe she worked at the local university), and they were going to join the rest of the group within the next month. They also had a brand new barn/pen built for them at the top of the hill that looked fantastic that they’ll be moving into shortly. One of the reasons they needed a new pen was that apparently Big Hank (or was it Timmy?) has a thing for Daisy, and when they took Daisy to the vet for a couple of days, Big Hank tore down the entire enclosure and they all roamed free for a while. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that male goats on actual farms are expected to “cover” somewhere between 130 and 150 females in a 2-month period during mating season. That could explain Hank’s behavior when they took away his favorite of the six or so females in his pen! I also found out that, while these goats are NOT used for this purpose, this type of goat is typically raised for meat. One last note about the goats – they apparently let them out of the pen around dawn to roam the grounds a little bit, but I sadly was never up that early, so I can neither confirm or deny it.

On to dinner! While the food is always one of the highlights of a THP event, we were equally (if not more!) excited about meeting the group from Titleist and finally getting our hands on the brand new TSR goodness. After digging into our boxes and awesome swag (Pro V1’s, a TSR hat, and a loaded TSR goodie bag), we were left with an “Italian Night” dilemma – where to put all our stuff with marinara likely flying around everywhere? We carefully put everything aside (white Titleist hats extra protected) and got all of our questions answered from the Titleist crew. Nothing was off limits and the group was just amazing. Josh seemed to know everything and everyone, telling us stories about tour players, the marketing of the TSR, and even strategies from a club manufacturer’s perspective on LIV Golf (sorry Josh – someone had to ask it!). Stephanie was the engineer behind the clubs and it was fascinating to hear her dive deep into the changes from TSI to TSR, why certain changes were made, and all the prototypes that are tested to ensure the absolute best club goes to market. Jacqueline was new pretty new to Titleist, but she brought the energy! You can tell she’s excited to be a part of Titleist and her and Josh work great together on the marketing side.

The food came out and what a spread! I can’t remember exactly everything, but there was a huge prosciutto board, chicken (and veal?) parmesan, a killer salad, pasta, meatballs, some INCREDIBLE oysters, and at the end they brought out swordfish (because why not finish off a meal with my absolute favorite fish???). @GolferGal absolutely nailed this one – sometimes “Italian” can be predictable, but this meal was off the charts good with a ton of variation on the table…thanks Morgan!!! I can’t forget about dessert though, which was explained as some sort of lemon cake. I’m normally not a fan of lemon, but there was just (maybe?) the slightest bit of lemon flavor, with a sweet cold cream/custard in the middle that was absolutely to die for. I LOVED it, and would have never ordered it off the menu…a new favorite (just wish I knew what exactly it was!).

We weren’t quite done yet, as we were on to Bourbon Tasting. We got some good background on everything we were trying – Dickel, Blade and Bow, and Whistle Pig. The latter two got rave reviews, while the Dickel was a bit overpowering for most of us non-expert Bourbon drinkers. Either way, it was really fun to try 3 completely different whiskeys and share our thoughts with the forum as well.

Most participants had a long travel day, so it wasn’t too late of a night. Most of us tried a couple putts on the gigantic 18th green under the lights (with 4 holes cut every day), and then crashed in the cottage to rehash the day. I like writing long recaps (surprise!), so for those who were asking – I wasn’t working! I had my computer out trying to get through posts while typing one out myself. We eventually retired into our rooms, where I stayed up way too late following the biggest Guardians game of the year (which ultimately propelled them on a huge run, culminating in a playoff berth this weekend!). Finally it was time to get some sleep – we had an incredible day in store for us!

Well, sometimes there's an experience hangover after these events...instead it's like life smacked me in the face! Been taking care of a sick kid, a sick spouse, or a sick dog (she ate rat poison!) since I came back and feel like I've barely had a chance to reflect or hit my new clubs. Everyone's feeling better now (including the dog!), so sorry about the delay but now it's FINALLY time for day 2!

Day 2

The crew woke up to GORGEOUS views of the sunrise and you could tell excitement was in the air - the 11 am start time couldn’t get here fast enough! To avoid the risk of tiring out too quick (highs were approaching 90 with some decent humidity on top of it), most of us spent the morning doing damage to the pro shop and the breakfast buffet. Finally around 9:30 we headed out to the range. The range at Ballyhack was impressive – a huge teeing ground with plenty of targets. It was a little strange that there was a pond about 270 out (being a downhill range, there were a number of drives that ended up there), and also was a bit odd that they had everyone crammed in to a small section of the range that had a slightly downhill tilt to it. Still, we got to hit our first TSR shots, and I got mine on video a bit earlier in this thread – crushed right down the middle! The driver was on fire, while the TSR 2+ 3w was solid, but leaking a little right (likely due to that downhill tilt). Overall, a pretty good start!

Josh Talge, @SkiBumGolfer, and @Kmench met our caddy Ray, who was awesome. Down to earth, really positive, and expertly guided us around the course on his GolfBoard. Ray was also awesome at finding balls in the junk, as he saved me FIVE balls that would have otherwise been lost.

First hole jitters were non-existent for our group, as all four of us split the fairway on #1 – pretty sweet! Overall, the course is fantastic, with some incredible green complexes, a ton of fun shots, and quite a bit of width considering there is really only one set of parallel holes where you can get away with a wayward drive onto the other fairway (#2 and 5). With the severity of the land, the architect (Lester George) really did a great job putting together a playable, fun course. As someone who loves architecture, I put together some thoughts on each hole on the Ballyhack thread here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/ballyhack-golf-club.8939743/page-7#post-10985470

A couple of highlights from the round…
  • On #4, Talge had a side hill lie by the green that was hanging over the edge of a brutal bunker. Just getting a club on the ball was difficult. Not only did he do that, but he sent it up to the tier behind the hole, the ball rolled back toward him…and right into the hole! An incredible shot.
  • Every time @Kmench pulled out the driver, everyone stopped what they were doing. Consistently well over 300 yards, he was playing a different game. Nothing highlighted this more than him having a 15-foot eagle putt on the long, extremely tough #9, then backing it up on #10 with another 15-footer for eagle after a short to mid-iron in. When he left his putt on #10 short all of us groaned that you never leave an eagle putt short. @Kmench responded – “Wait, that was for eagle? I thought this was a par 4!” Crazy long.
  • @SkiBumGolfer was a great cart partner and hit some amazing shots. While the 275-yard “mis-hit” to the practice green may have been the best possible advertisement for the TSR driver, I thought his 260-yard 3-wood bomb to the edge of the fairway on 16 was just as impressive. These things are going to be weapons for him!
  • As for myself? Well, there was some good with some bad. Josh gave me a tip that straightened out the driver for the back 9 and from that point on, played my best stretch of 9 holes for the week, salvaging an 89. The TSR highlight from that round had to be my bombed 3w off the tee on 16 (I’ve never been able to consistently hit a 3w off the tee…I think the TSR 2+ is a game changer!). We actually went out to play an extra 9 holes, and the driver was really working then. Bombs on 2, 4, 5, and 8 (the one on 4 went something like 340 yards down the hill from the tips!) makes me feel that with some swing grooving, I’m close to figuring it all out. The plunger really let me down all weekend – I can’t even stomach going back to count all the 3 putts, although lagging putts on those greens was extremely challenging.
  • The front 9 was surprisingly slow for a course that doesn't get much play. Sure enough, the 16-some wine group that we saw the night before was out there in front of us which I'm sure was driving the speedsters in the first group nuts! It was sort of nice to get to see the course, update the forum, and just take it all in! Until we skipped some holes and got held up by a twosome that was apparently trying to qualify for the US Open (they weren't any good, but they read every putt like a major championship was on the line)...that was a little irritating, but luckily they eventually cleared out and we had the back 9 to ourselves! Once that happened, I settled in and played some pretty decent golf.
  • On #13, I hit a weak faded 6-iron to the front edge of the green, and Talge told me to hit another one with his 6-iron. I mishit it slightly...and it went 20-yards over the green! While he could have said "that's why you need Titleist irons", he instead said it was mainly because my irons do not fit my swing at all. I have more of a Keegan Bradley type setup, but my irons are an inch long (original box store fitter said I should because "I'm tall"). In addition, the heel is digging into the turf and the clubhead angle needs flattened to fit my swing. His iron wasn't a complete fit for me, but it was shorter and everyone raved about how much better I hit it. He said "Go to a fitter, cut those clubs down, get them to adjust the head, and get new grips because it's time. You don't need new clubs, you just need them to fit you. Once you get comfortable with them, THEN get some Titleist irons and take advantage of the advanced tech!" This was such a cool interaction - a Titleist guy giving swing/club tips to someone hitting non-Titleist irons, and it didn't end with him saying you need to get rid of those clubs and get ours. Strangely, that makes me want to try Titleist irons even more once I get my swing grooved with my adjusted clubs...the fact that he laid out a long term plan to get me there shows what a good guy he is and that he genuinely took interest in every one of us improving our games. And that was evident with the entire Titleist group.
  • I also really messed up a hot dog at the turn and posted it for all to make fun of. There were some good comments, but this post is getting way too long, so I'll follow up on those once I get around to gathering them all up.
I really enjoyed our extra 8 holes (we skipped a par 3) – a 5-some played a tough course like that in 90 minutes or so and I played some of my best golf of the week…perhaps I need to have a transfusion before every round!

After a quick shower, we headed back over to the clubhouse for what was promised to be a clambake. I was super pumped for this, as my wife doesn’t like seafood and it had been ages since I’d had clams. As those of you following know by now, it was WAY more than a clambake, as they surprised us at the end with the biggest board of lobsters I’ve ever seen! Everyone got at least one full lobster in what had to have contended for the messiest THP dinner of all time. The lobsters may have won the meal, but the clams and mussels were out of this world as well. Between the butter sauce, the lobster juice flying everywhere after cracking it open, and the broth from the clam bake pan, I’m pretty sure nobody left without some sort of stain on their clothes (or was that just me?). Either way, I’m glad chipping and putting that night was in the dark!

Speaking of night chipping, we went out to the 18th hole to see who could get closest to the pin – a very difficult chip, but well worth it for the winner as two Vokey wedges were up for grabs! So cool to have the headlights of the carts lighting up the teeing ground, and while I put up a good effort, @SkiBumGolfer pulled off the victory. His post-round chipping lesson with Talge really paid off!

We all finished the night with some putting contests - where everyone got to see the plunger up close - and @bigbov cheered me on to victory on the final putt (this is a family site, so I’ll avoid repeating his supportive chant!). After a long day, a few of us helped @SkiBumGolfer finish some beers and headed to bed, looking forward to tackling Ballyhack one more time in the morning…

What an incredible thread. This is my first experience thread to read through, from start to finish, and I am blown away. This community: from the leadership, to the members, all the way to the incredible companies that contribute so outrageously...just "wow". So many rock stars. Thank you all for sharing with the rest of us!

What an incredible thread. This is my first experience thread to read through, from start to finish, and I am blown away. This community: from the leadership, to the members, all the way to the incredible companies that contribute so outrageously...just "wow". So many rock stars. Thank you all for sharing with the rest of us!
Glad you enjoyed it. Have more coming over the next couple of weeks

Having experienced it personally as my first ever THP experience... I highly highly recommend hanging around here and joining the Albatross Club for 2023 when available. It literally was a once in a lifetime trip that I just hope to do again ;)

Having experienced it personally as my first ever THP experience... I highly highly recommend hanging around here and joining the Albatross Club for 2023 when available. It literally was a once in a lifetime trip that I just hope to do again ;)
I've been chomping at the bit to join the 2023 Albatross Club since I came back to the forum a few months ago. Congrats man!

Glad you enjoyed catching up on it! The first one is a little mind boggling for sure. These experiences are something that I sincerely hope everyone who spends any significant time on THP gets to do at least one of, they're pretty darn incredible!

Back