Off Course: Fiberworks, Leatherworks and Woodworks Oh My!

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Founder of Evolve Golf, Ben Malloy joins the conversation to talk about the evolution of Evolve Golf and what is coming in the future.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Ben discuss all of the happenings going on at Evolve including a new facility on the horizon. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Ben Malloy goes Off Course.

Episode 126 is here and Dan and Ben discuss the following topics.

EC2 Fiberworks, Leatherworks and Woodworks
What Bespoke Means to Evolve Golf
The Bio Tee
New Facility
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Untitled-25-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

A bit early and I am excited it came out because this is a fascinating conversation and Ben is one of my favorite guests on the show.

Very cool. Fun to listen to on what hasn't been the best day today.
Thanks for the early drop.

I'll have to get this lined up for my drive home!

Will have to get this downloaded - lot of 'meetings' this afternoon that require my urgent attention....

Man, I still have THP Epochs in the bag that have been used and used and used. Maybe the most underrated product in my bag.

Glad to hear Evolve continues to flourish. Sounds like Ben needs a vacation after the last couple years!

Really eager to dig into this one!

That was a fun one with all the product talk and ambitious projects. More Motion wool. 😍

And upcoming drops. 😳

Man, I still have THP Epochs in the bag that have been used and used and used. Maybe the most underrated product in my bag.

Glad to hear Evolve continues to flourish. Sounds like Ben needs a vacation after the last couple years!
The way he talks, it sounds like his 'vacation' is creation - where he just gets to unleash on crazy ideas and stretch the potential.

I really dig that.

Will listen to it when I walk this afternoon.

Started but have not finished this. Always fun to listen to people who's minds just work differently talk about something. Very cool to hear where he wants to go with the company.

As @Canadan mentioned bespoke can mean a lot of things. The tying of history to custom products sounds very cool.

The last Evolve golf was really good. Looking forward to listening to this one!

Great listen, I’m excited for all the potential for them in the future.

Great listen, I’m excited for all the potential for them in the future.
thanks buddy!

Me too. I think they've got a ton of great potential in what they want to accomplish.

Love how Evolve is repurposing things that are part of a club’s or course’s heritage.

Great to hear about Cal’s progress over the summer. Amazing work, Dan!

Enjoyed the listen and love having it come out early for a midweek listen.

Love how Evolve is repurposing things that are part of a club’s or course’s heritage.

Great to hear about Cal’s progress over the summer. Amazing work, Dan!
When he made mention of that, I really felt something.

Imagine a course taking down a tree, and repurposing that wood for something in the pro shop to sell. It's SO much beyond what you would typically buy there. Also, the gap between what they can do (between the plastic divot tools to potential repurposing) just shows the depth of their abilities.

When he made mention of that, I really felt something.

Imagine a course taking down a tree, and repurposing that wood for something in the pro shop to sell. It's SO much beyond what you would typically buy there. Also, the gap between what they can do (between the plastic divot tools to potential repurposing) just shows the depth of their abilities.

Listening to this, I had images in my head of some nice pocket knives I have will really pretty scales on the side and how they would look as a pitch tool. I would love something like that.

Listening to this, I had images in my head of some nice pocket knives I have will really pretty scales on the side and how they would look as a pitch tool. I would love something like that.
Ben has a way of sharing his enthusiasm through audio that is unlike some guests. Its a show that isn't in your face and then you listen to it and immediately want to hang out with him.

Ben has a way of sharing his enthusiasm through audio that is unlike some guests. Its a show that isn't in your face and then you listen to it and immediately want to hang out with him.

For sure!! fun listen, very much someone that would be awesome to just sit and talk and spitball with.

The thought of new THP small batches has been dancing in head all morning. What, oh what, might they be!

I’m not gonna lie, the growth they’re seeing surprised me, they’re just much bigger and broader than I ever realized, which is awesome.

I got some of all the goodies they do for Ballyhack.

The new multi-tool will be mine, we might need an Off Course one of those.

Also, why do I want the tees they based on that old rug he talked about so much?

I’m not gonna lie, the growth they’re seeing surprised me, they’re just much bigger and broader than I ever realized, which is awesome.

I got some of all the goodies they do for Ballyhack.

The new multi-tool will be mine, we might need an Off Course one of those.

Also, why do I want the tees they based on that old rug he talked about so much?
I think that's the biggest mental unlock for me... They are flat out ready to do crazy things, and even with their stacked systems right now are still able to scratch the surface a bit... But to think they are on the ground floor of it has me so excited.

It's one thing to have a piece of metal with a logo on it. It's another entirely to have a piece of the course with the logo on it. :oops:

I think that's the biggest mental unlock for me... They are flat out ready to do crazy things, and even with their stacked systems right now are still able to scratch the surface a bit... But to think they are on the ground floor of it has me so excited.

It's one thing to have a piece of metal with a logo on it. It's another entirely to have a piece of the course with the logo on it. :oops:
And socks, with pink.

I need those. 🤣

Back