Mine says still being processed.

What did you order? I feel like you and I are generally looking for somewhat similar characteristics.

What did you order? I feel like you and I are generally looking for somewhat similar characteristics.
TSR2+ Hzrdous Smoke Black 60 5.5

To purchase? Pondering hard.

Here we go! This is the first Titleist fairway wood I've ever tried and I'm going in without ever trying it so we'll see how it goes. I have a round Sunday and should get at least one try with it off the tee and a couple of chances on par 5's. Now I just need my driver to show up!F376BA08-B143-4E9F-8873-7D3ECF945FF0.jpeg

This is a little tough to see, but the early wear pattern on my 3W sole is oriented more to the heel side of the club. My SureFit setting is at A-2, which is the most upright (1.5*). Is this anything to be concerned about? If I understand it correctly, I can flatten it a bit by switching to the B-2 setting (0.75* upright), which is where my driver ended up at last week.

I really haven't hit this enough to have a good feel for it yet, though.

1664155739152.png

This is a little tough to see, but the early wear pattern on my 3W sole is oriented more to the heel side of the club. My SureFit setting is at A-2, which is the most upright (1.5*). Is this anything to be concerned about? If I understand it correctly, I can flatten it a bit by switching to the B-2 setting (0.75* upright), which is where my driver ended up at last week.

View attachment 9123247
How is the ball flight working for you? Yeah you should more of a pattern towards the middle, and the B1 setting is the flattest without changing loft.

So I’m really really liking the 3 in the 16.5 with the 1K I got fit into. Didn’t get to hit too much at Ballyhack but I was able to drive a 295ish par 4 with it. It feels and sounds so so good. I don’t think it says it on the Titleist site but it my understanding is that these also have the VFT as well. I’m going really enjoy this club for a while, or at least 2 years when the new one comes out lol.

How is the ball flight working for you? Yeah you should more of a pattern towards the middle, and the B1 setting is the flattest without changing loft.
Oh I see what you meant, just bringing it down a little bit, not to stock or flatter.

View attachment 9123247

Definitely looks to me like you need to go flatter. Are you noticing too much left movement out of the ball?

So I’m really really liking the 3 in the 16.5 with the 1K I got fit into. Didn’t get to hit too much at Ballyhack but I was able to drive a 295ish par 4 with it. It feels and sounds so so good. I don’t think it says it on the Titleist site but it my understanding is that these also have the VFT as well. I’m going really enjoy this club for a while, or at least 2 years when the new one comes out lol.

That shot was absolutely awesome to see man. I'm in the same 16.5 with 1K Black, but a TSR2 and stiff instead of X. It's so good, and is responsible for a few really memorable shots - including leading to one of my two birdies at Ballyhack and the only one in "regulation".

Oh I see what you meant, just bringing it down a little bit, not to stock or flatter.
Yes, this. The fitter went with A-2 to get the most draw bias for my overly out-to-in swing.

I don't have a good feel for the flight, yet, but it was gently fading like the driver on the better strikes.

From my range session the other day, PRGR numbers:

(SS/BS/Smash/Carry)
102/142/1.39/242
103/140/1.36/238
102/142/1.39/243
103/141/1.37/240
104/143/1.37/244

As with driver, I think the ball speed numbers/ smash are slightly understated (again based on what I was seeing on Trackman in the fitting), but the carry numbers seem about right for what I was seeing on course and slot pretty much right into exactly what I was looking for out of this club gap wise - my hybrid is 210-220 and my driver is 260-270.

I really think this 16.5 is gonna be a heck of a weapon for me!

Oh, the 2+, how I have so many things to talk about with thee.

But, I’m gonna get another round in this morning first. ;)

I will say though, those I played with at the Titleist Experience saw what it can be for me on both 5 and especially 11 tee boxes, just absolute ropes, DEEP, high, ropes.

It’s so freaking nice to be back in a head that I’m confident with in this spot, it’s and important spot of the bag for how I play.

Went to the range at lunch today. All I can do is just smile after I hit this fairway wood. The sound and feeling are just so good. The feeling is so solid, maybe like hitting a ball with a sledgehammer solid lol. I really don’t know how else to describe it, like the ball just seems to stay on the face for a little bit longer with this new design. The sound also seems to be better, more of that nice higher pitched sound compared to the TSI. Could be from the lack of the Active Recoil Channel, whatever it’s from I like it a lot and can’t wait to hit it some more.

Went to the range at lunch today. All I can do is just smile after I hit this fairway wood. The sound and feeling are just so good. The feeling is so solid, maybe like hitting a ball with a sledgehammer solid lol. I really don’t know how else to describe it, like the ball just seems to stay on the face for a little bit longer with this new design. The sound also seems to be better, more of that nice higher pitched sound compared to the TSI. Could be from the lack of the Active Recoil Channel, whatever it’s from I like it a lot and can’t wait to hit it some more.

I like your description of the solid feel. I know exactly what you mean, it just feels like there is no wasted energy and you are absolutely driving every bit of the energy into that ball launching off the face. It's quite frankly addicting.

I like your description of the solid feel. I know exactly what you mean, it just feels like there is no wasted energy and you are absolutely driving every bit of the energy into that ball launching off the face. It's quite frankly addicting.

Definitely. When you hit it well it just feels absolutely crushed. I haven’t been able to tell if it gets more lift than my old three wood but it just feels like a more piercing flight. I feel like that could be a possible go to club on the tee box in the future. It’s rare you could describe a three wood as in control but it really feels like you can control its flight and direction which can’t be said for three woods often.

The 2+ makes me so giddy.

I hit absolute piss missiles off the deck yesterday, and just TOWERING shots off the tee.

I'm so bitter because i can't find a lefty TSR2+ ANYWHERE to hit. I've been to golf galaxy, 2 dicks, 3 driving ranges and 1 pro shop that all have the new TSR lines but ZERO TSR2+ 3w's in left handed! Even to buy it is super limited. I take 3w off the tee often and would love to see some extra distance there.

Definitely looks to me like you need to go flatter. Are you noticing too much left movement out of the ball?
What does "left movement" mean? :LOL:

Everything peels right for me, so far; just depends how far my swing path starts it left as to where it ends up.

I definitely been playing a fade with this one. Ironically at Ballyhack I was actually perfectly straight which is weird for me. Hard to say if that’s swing or the lies making the difference.

20220928_150924.jpg

I might need to play a 3W after all this winter. Being able to work these specific shots with the 2 like this at will with easy swings is just stupid. I'll find an excuse to use it. And with the 1K Black its a little right biased for me, which is basically unheard of. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to go all out and smash the crap out of it.

Waiting for my 2+ delivery, and loving my TSR2 5-wood. Great launch and 230-240 carry. Fantastic flight and easy to hit.

I've spent most of my time talking about my TSR2 driver, but I would be remiss not to say a few words about TSR2 fairway woods, specifically my 18* 5 wood. I absolutely LOVE IT!! An example from yesterday's round: I was about 220 yds. to an uphill green, into a 15 MPH headwind. I hit my TSR2 FW, hoping to get it around 200 or so with roll. As soon as I hit the ball, I knew it was going to be good...ball ended up on the green about 5-7 yds. away from the pin. That was by far my favorite shot of the round, something that simply doesn't happen much for me with a FW! The sound off the clubface is a solid 'thud' versus the high-pitched sound from G425 Max. Just like the TSR2 driver, my Titleist fitter was spot on with his recommendation/specs of a TSR2 5W!

Back