Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

Solid unit for sure. Played 18 yesterday. Just watch if you ride and use the magnet. Mine fell another 3 times yesterday upon hitting some bumps. Nothing major either. It keeps on ticking but if they could improve upon something a stronger magnet would be on my wish list. I’m going to reach out to them to see if others are experiencing this. Maybe I just have a weaker magnet than normal.
Mine fell off 1st round and that was enough for me. It still works fine but I'll leave it in the bag, the case, or in the cart from now on.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear of them falling off, I’m pretty much in off-road mode at practice every time out and over 30+ rounds never had it fall off. 🤷

Interesting to hear of them falling off, I’m pretty much in off-road mode at practice every time out and over 30+ rounds never had it fall off. 🤷
You must have an extra strong magnet in yours.

Mine bit the dust on the 2nd hole today and fell yesterday as well. Both rds i didn’t trust it after that so it went into the cup holder sadly. . Case is pretty bartered at this point. 😔

You must have an extra strong magnet in yours.

Mine bit the dust on the 2nd hole today and fell yesterday as well. Both rds i didn’t trust it after that so it went into the cup holder sadly. . Case is pretty bartered at this point. 😔
Nah, just stock. Our course also only has paths on half of it so it’s rough as hell in a cart.

Bummer.

Nah, just stock. Our course also only has paths on half of it so it’s rough as hell in a cart.

Bummer.
Yeah same here with the paths. Living in OH it can be some rough terrain. But PP is based in OH so they would have tested it I am sure on similar terrain.

I thought maybe it was that the course I have been playing has pretty narrow posts on the cart. But today I played a different course and their carts had really wide posts. Definitely as wide as the maget and it still fell. Now I am so gun shy that as soon as I leave the path I literally hold the NX10 against the post as I drive.

I too have relegated it the cup holder. Don’t trust the magnet anymore.

Bummer.
I haven’t had it fall off either and had it on the cart post for my entire second round at Ballyhack which doesn’t even have paths for 14 of the holes 🙃.

Used mine for the first time. I did not drive gingerly. No issues.

I haven’t had it fall off either and had it on the cart post for my entire second round at Ballyhack which doesn’t even have paths for 14 of the holes 🙃.
Hahahaha, Ballyhack is the ultimate test for Magnets

Hahahaha, Ballyhack is the ultimate test for Magnets
I’m wondering if this is less about the magnets and more about the carts they are put on. Just a hunch

Here’s the case wear so far from all the falls off the cart. Outer edges ate getting pretty chewed up.
C62944A1-11DB-4361-9ADB-DF06249BCE8B.jpeg4314709D-0609-4070-A459-8E8706BD53AB.jpeg02D41C1C-159F-4CDE-9C2B-C37C1EC324BC.jpeg634F0935-22B8-4F5D-ABDA-78BF84D596E8.jpegC62944A1-11DB-4361-9ADB-DF06249BCE8B.jpeg4314709D-0609-4070-A459-8E8706BD53AB.jpeg02D41C1C-159F-4CDE-9C2B-C37C1EC324BC.jpeg634F0935-22B8-4F5D-ABDA-78BF84D596E8.jpeg

I’m wondering if this is less about the magnets and more about the carts they are put on. Just a hunch
Yup. I would definitely lean that way. I put these things through the wringer when I review them, and I saw no red flags.

I’ve played 4 different courses so far with mine and it’s fallen off at every one multiple times during a round. I think what happens is it kinda slides on the post. Then finally shimmies off. I mean isn’t a metal post a metal post ?

I’ve reached up and will feel around where the magnet is touching the post and it definitely is not centered with the post like when I stuck it on.

this is my 4th laser with a magnet and sure others have fallen off but more like 3 times a season. This is more like 3+ times per round no matter where I play.

I’ve played 4 different courses so far with mine and it’s fallen off at every one multiple times during a round. I think what happens is it kinda slides on the post. Then finally shimmies off. I mean isn’t a metal post a metal post ?

I’ve reached up and will feel around where the magnet is touching the post and it definitely is not centered with the post like when I stuck it on.

this is my 4th laser with a magnet and sure others have fallen off but more like 3 times a season. This is more like 3+ times per round no matter where I play.
I’ve seen nooooooothing like that, at all, on a TON of rounds. You might want to contact the company.

Yup. I would definitely lean that way. I put these things through the wringer when I review them, and I saw no red flags.
I’m going to contact them Monday. Seems like it’s about 50/50 with the guys on here who have used them with it falling more than it should. Maybe they can look at mine and see if they think it’s weaker than it should be.
Really dig this unit. Just hate that it looks like it’s been through a war already after a month or so use.

As my first jump into range finders.. I like this one..

It’s the best out there at this price point, by far.
I almost went with model that has the internet connectivity. But decided it would be a waste.

I almost went with model that has the internet connectivity. But decided it would be a waste.
This a much better unit imo, having both.

I’m going to contact them Monday. Seems like it’s about 50/50 with the guys on here who have used them with it falling more than it should. Maybe they can look at mine and see if they think it’s weaker than it should be.
Really dig this unit. Just hate that it looks like it’s been through a war already after a month or so use.

I agree. I keep my stuff pretty clean and hate mine looks like it has fallen a few times. Works fine even with he drops tho.

Mine has fallen and two different courses here in the Nashville area. I guess it could be the carts but seems odd to me.

This is what I was about to say. I know I could tell a difference in the past with my GPS and when my range finder fell off I was and a different course and not my Yamaha cart.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

I’m calling EZ Go carts tomorrow first thing and demanding they modify the posts on their carts. Obviously they are faulty and shouldn’t be used for range finder magnet mounting.

I played at a different course today that had Yamaha carts.

EZ Go, Yamaha, it doesn’t matter. It fell about 10 yds after I drove off the first tee box. Fell again on the 7th hole and fell twice on the 8th hole.

Path (asphalt) or grass it doesn’t matter. I just took it off and put it in the cup holder for the back 9.
I have a ticket in with PP. here’s the cart I rode in today.

591E983F-0AE3-40B1-8BBF-A0CC753429B0.jpegD90919C5-C06A-4FFE-855E-93F4833D0C65.jpeg945A3340-3AF5-4732-8641-6540EAB54495.jpeg

I played at a different course today that had Yamaha carts.

EZ Go, Yamaha, it doesn’t matter. It fell about 10 yds after I drove off the first tee box. Fell again on the 7th hole and fell twice on the 8th hole.

Path (asphalt) or grass it doesn’t matter. I just took it off and put it in the cup holder for the back 9.
I have a ticket in with PP. here’s the cart I rode in today.

View attachment 9123339View attachment 9123340View attachment 9123341
As I mentioned I havent had that issue, but I have to ask. If it falls multiple times every time you play, wouldnt the cup holder make more sense? At least until Precision Pro responds to claim ticket?

Back