@That post thank you for all the info. This is really good stuff. I was already pondering the previous release of Hot Metals. I will absolutely be trying these out very soon
let us know how it goes!

Ok, went to my local range tonight.
They have TopTracer.
Bridgestone Range balls.

Warmed up with my Rogue ST Max OS irons:
View attachment 9123395
Then hit the 923 HL with DG 300 R flex
felt ok but not getting the distance I wanted.

View attachment 9123397
Asked to bring out the Swing Analyzer with the 7i 923HL head.
Took 3 swings and it spits out DG 105R. Not surprised as I have been fitted in that weight of shaft before.
Here are those results:

View attachment 9123400
Spin and Launch is showing up as I got less roll out than the Rogue.
Had the fitter put in the Modus 105R and the skies opened and the Angels began to sing:
View attachment 9123401
This shaft just felt so good and love, love 8 yards of roll out. That ball is sticking to a green.

Did go back and hit my Rogue after I warmed up. I got some longer distances, but I actually got more roll out as well.
View attachment 9123402

Went back and hit the Modus 105 R after the Rogue:
View attachment 9123403

Don’t se if I’m serious about my game how I couldn’t order a 6-PW set.
Launch and Landing angles are all higher with the 923 HL

Shout to @Vosh68. I’m the golfer these are designed for and the Mizuno marketing of these irons are right on.

great stuff man!

Gave these a go today

678ABD3C-8F63-42D9-9952-A2E3A64289E9.jpeg4C7BAB33-EBF5-40C8-BB4C-9783307FB4E6.jpegFBEED50E-32A8-4536-9A58-4D0D2F62827B.jpegC8299D01-D536-4A95-B717-8B99A4BB1BCF.jpeg26BAA5E4-55A5-483D-8F44-7FB58280838B.jpeg44AFEC61-A454-413A-ABEC-7B0C801BCB3A.jpeg6D589CB0-C4D7-42FD-A511-5267206569B0.jpegFC0DCE6B-557B-4536-AC90-C899D982A9B8.jpeg

@Iceman!

when I did my G700 fitting years ago I had the same experience with the Modus105R

every shaft was pretty much the same. Put the modus in and boom. More ball speed, more launch, more spin, more distance, better descent angle.

You ordering ?

@That post thank you for all the info. This is really good stuff. I was already pondering the previous release of Hot Metals. I will absolutely be trying these out very soon
You're welcome I'm so glad you've found value in the information. Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know or see.

The best hybrids I ever had were some mizzy dlr with steel shaft dg lite. I am very interested in the JPX hybrids.

This is the last 923 SIM video. I didn't have a 5i in my old set so nothing to compare it to but WOW... I really love this club and the distance I'm getting with it.

This is the last 923 SIM video. I didn't have a 5i in my old set so nothing to compare it to but WOW... I really love this club and the distance I'm getting with it.

5 iron is my favorite club!! It's a point, shoot and go far club.

Those last couple are real nice numbers. 136 mph 5i is pretty legit. And over 4k spin doing it. Good stuff! And yeah, they sound great.

@Iceman!

when I did my G700 fitting years ago I had the same experience with the Modus105R

every shaft was pretty much the same. Put the modus in and boom. More ball speed, more launch, more spin, more distance, better descent angle.

You ordering ?
So a long answer to your question:
I think I'm going to CC for an Iron fitting when they get the heads in.
When I play the Rogue ST Max OS irons with a 2022 Chrome Soft, I get spin off of them. I see the ball dance on shots I hit into the green, so I really need to go somewhere that can show me spin.

I do have a set of T400 with that Modus shaft in them that I'm not using. That shaft didn't work for me in that head.
Thinking of pulling those shafts, putting back the original AMT's in the T400's and have a set of 923 HL built with those Modus 105R.

Have to see if it's worth the cost. It's not like I'm in any hurry as my season is almost done however I'd like to do dome work with the club that I'm going to game in 2023.

Last edited:
So a long answer to your question:
I think I'm going to CC for an Iron fitting when they get the heads in.
When I play the Rogue ST Max OS irons with a 2022 Chrome Soft, I get spin off of them. I see the ball dance on shots I hit into the green, so I really need to go somewhere that can show me spin.

I do have a set of T400 with that Modus shaft in them that I'm not using. That shaft didn't work for me in that head.
Thinking of pulling those shafts, putting back the original AMT's in the T400's and have a set of 923 HL built with those Modus 105R.

Have to see if it worth the cost. It's not like I'm in any hurry as my season is almost done however I'd like to do dome work with the club that I'm going to game in 2023.
Sounds like a good plan.
I’m in the same boat. Odd timing for a new release given half of the US won’t be playing much in the next 4-5 months. Doesn’t stop me from tinkering and demoing though lol

Really like the look of those hybrids. What did you think? Are they overly draw biased?
I have hit prior Gen Fli Hi’s and to my eye they also say open to me and I lost them right (fade).
the 223 version seemed to sit neutral. Lately I’ve been hitting a little pull fade as my stock shot with longer irons and this one was no different. I changed my setup and was able to hit baby draws. Even setup open and hit a high cut with it. Very cool club.
I thought the HL iron was pretty similar to my retro lofted g425 iron. The looks wowed me but performance was on par with my irons which was a good thing as I like my irons. The fli hi was fun to hit. Didn’t want to put it down.
my 6i is always my bugaboo club and could see a fli hi in that slot. So for me like a
6 Fly Hi then 7-GW combo

I have hit prior Gen Fli Hi’s and to my eye they also say open to me and I lost them right (fade).
the 223 version seemed to sit neutral. Lately I’ve been hitting a little pull fade as my stock shot with longer irons and this one was no different. I changed my setup and was able to hit baby draws. Even setup open and hit a high cut with it. Very cool club.
I thought the HL iron was pretty similar to my retro lofted g425 iron. The looks wowed me but performance was on par with my irons which was a good thing as I like my irons. The fli hi was fun to hit. Didn’t want to put it down.
my 6i is always my bugaboo club and could see a fli hi in that slot. So for me like a
6 Fly Hi then 7-GW combo

Thanks for the info! I'm planning to order a set of the HL 5-PW, so I'm considering adding a 4 hybrid. I love the look of the Mizuno hybrids, but haven't had an opportunity to hit any of them. Some of the hybrids I've looked at look really closed at address and I feel like I'm going to hook it no matter what. I'll see if they have any 923 hybrids to demo when I go back to order my HL's.

I don't think I have seen this mentioned anywhere yet. anyone know how much each head (Pro, HM, HL)weighs say on the 7i demo heads? Over the years I always found Mizzy heads to feel heavier than other brands. In looking at the Maltby mpf pages, the prior gen ones do seem to spec out a little heavier than other oems but each iteration of hot metals seems lighter than the old model. Was curious where the 923's fell.

Thanks for the info! I'm planning to order a set of the HL 5-PW, so I'm considering adding a 4 hybrid. I love the look of the Mizuno hybrids, but haven't had an opportunity to hit any of them. Some of the hybrids I've looked at look really closed at address and I feel like I'm going to hook it no matter what. I'll see if they have any 923 hybrids to demo when I go back to order my HL's.
I know the fitting center near me had all 4 loft models to try in the Fly Hi. They had the 26* in both a Reg and Lite flex to try, not sure what flex the others were in. Figured 20* was probably F4, 23* probably F3 and 29* in F2.

Sounds like a good plan.
I’m in the same boat. Odd timing for a new release given half of the US won’t be playing much in the next 4-5 months. Doesn’t stop me from tinkering and demoing though lol
This was discussed at TPC I’m not sure I can share the reasons but it is a very strategic move that has been thought out and pushed for. It makes sense to me from a business perspective. The flip side is the other half of the US is in a pretty prime golf time.

This was discussed at TPC I’m not sure I can share the reasons but it is a very strategic move that has been thought out and pushed for. It makes sense to me from a business perspective. The flip side is the other half of the US is in a pretty prime golf time.
I can think of a couple reasons, but, yeah: At first blush it seems non-optimal.

For me, being up here in what might become The Great White North, soon-ish, it's a good thing. For, despite the fact it would make no sense whatsoever for me to upgrade my clubs at my current stage of golf development, I might otherwise be tempted 🤪

With this release timing I'll continue my swing development, put these on my short list of clubs to try in a fitting, and, assuming that happens, by the time I'm ready their behavior should be well-known and the supply chain should be all caught up.

I can now confidently say I understand the ‘Nothing feels like a Mizuno’ line. This is my first experience with Mizuno irons and these 923 HMP’s are by far the best feeling clubs I’ve ever hit.

As a big feel and sound player the feel and sound of a pure strike is euphoria. I am constantly chasing that feel and I honestly think it’s going to make me a better ball striker for it.

I hope everyone even marginally considering replacing their irons this cycle gets a chance to hit the JPX lineup. Every golfer should be able to experience the euphoria of flushing a Mizuno iron and becoming addicted to it 😍🥰

Since The Victory Cup, I have had a couple 9 hole rounds and 1 full round with my 923 HMPs. My swing is complete hot garbage currently however I continue to be super impressed by these irons. Even with my crappy swing, they continue to surprise me. As @That post said, that sound of a pure strike is euphoria with these irons. Now I have only heard this about 2 or 3 times in 40+ holes but I did hear it:ROFLMAO:. Sucks cold weather is coming in fast here in the NE but I am excited to continue to work on my swing to get dialed in for the 2023 season. I guess I will need to get that garage SIM I always wanted.

Been thinking.....if I pull the trigger on some new HMP's I will need to adjust several of the existing clubs in my bag, most notably, my wedges. The HMP PW is 42.5 degrees. My gap wedge is 50 degrees. That leaves a pretty big gap. I will likely need to buy a 46 degree wedge to fill that gap. On the other end the HMP 6 iron is 25 degrees. My Rogue 5 hybrid is 24 degrees. Those are nearly identical. Do I really need the 6 iron? I can probably get away with just ordering the 7-PW. Did any of you Victory Cup guys come across these issues when you got your loft jacked HMP's?

Been thinking.....if I pull the trigger on some new HMP's I will need to adjust several of the existing clubs in my bag, most notably, my wedges. The HMP PW is 42.5 degrees. My gap wedge is 50 degrees. That leaves a pretty big gap. I will likely need to buy a 46 degree wedge to fill that gap. On the other end the HMP 6 iron is 25 degrees. My Rogue 5 hybrid is 24 degrees. Those are nearly identical. Do I really need the 6 iron? I can probably get away with just ordering the 7-PW. Did any of you Victory Cup guys come across these issues when you got your loft jacked HMP's?
I’m running into this issue currently my set goes to PW the next wedge in the bag is 50°. It’s leaving a 20-30y gap. I discussed it a little earlier in the thread but I’ll be getting the set GW just as soon as it’s available individually already have a Dart shaft waiting for it.

Personally I think the 5 and 6 irons are probably my favorite clubs in the set. They are incredibly easy for me to hit and hit far. Idk if I’d skip them. I’m probably going to end up ditching 3w all together and just lean on the Fli-hi’s in the top of the bag.

Last edited:
I’m running into this issue currently my set goes to PW the next wedge in the bag is 50°. It’s leaving a 20-30y gap. I discussed it a little earlier in the thread but I’ll be getting the set GW just as soon as it’s available individually already have a Dart shaft waiting for it.

Personally I think the 5 and 6 irons are probably my favorite clubs in the set. They are incredibly easy for me to hit and hit far. Idk if I’d skip them. I’m probably going to end up ditching 3w all together and just lean on the Fli-hi’s in the top of the bag.
One of my favorite clubs in my bag currently is my Rogue 5 hybrid. I can't imagine hitting the HMP 5 or 6 iron as long or accurately. I am leaning toward just getting the 7-PW in the HMP and adding a 46 degree Cleveland CBX Zip Core wedge. I currently have the CBX2 50, 54 and 58 degree wedges. This would likely fill out my bag nicely.

One of my favorite clubs in my bag currently is my Rogue 5 hybrid. I can't imagine hitting the HMP 5 or 6 iron as long or accurately. I am leaning toward just getting the 7-PW in the HMP and adding a 46 degree Cleveland CBX Zip Core wedge. I currently have the CBX2 50, 54 and 58 degree wedges. This would likely fill out my bag nicely.
Sounds like a really solid plan. No need in fixing what isn’t broken!

Back