For those that have tried the TSi and TSR are the sounds similar? Which sounds better ?
The R sounds better all around. It has more of a crisp sound, and even when it’s not a center strike it sounds really good.

I am planning to get a range session in tonight and try to work a little bit more on a dispersion pattern. As evidenced by my last range session, the ball speed gains are unquestionably still there for me compared to previous gamer, but with that slightly more compliant shaft I'm still grooving in to what the preferred shot shape is.

Later today, I'll post an analysis of my fairway performance at Ballyhack, how it compares to my previous average, and then we'll see how I settle out in my round this weekend.

One thing's for sure, I've never been so excited to get out to range sessions before :p

Hit the TSR2 driver yesterday. Got fitted into it, 9 degree, Aldila Ascent 40 gram senior flex shaft, 1" short, and went with the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 white FC (full Chord???) ribbed midsize grip. Now we wait for delivery.

Love the looks at address and the impact sound that is GREAT to my ears.

The R sounds better all around. It has more of a crisp sound, and even when it’s not a center strike it sounds really good.
Ok so I think I take this comment back. I hit both of these back to back and will post videos of both. The TSI in person is definitely louder and tingy, like my 915, which I like. It’s so weird, when I first got my TSI I thought it was so much more muted than the 915, and didn’t really care for it. When I was getting fit for the R, it sounded so much better than the TSI, that higher pitch tone that I like. But today it turns out the I sounds better to me, which is just so weird. All the videos of the tour guys hitting the R it sounded so much more crisp and I loved it. I hope you guys can tell a difference in these
View attachment trim.4DC0F24D-B51A-46A3-AF26-B4FBC6A76001.MOV
View attachment trim.93010F67-46F1-466F-B672-7E856143F134.MOV

Ok so I think I take this comment back. I hit both of these back to back and will post videos of both. The TSI in person is definitely louder and tingy, like my 915, which I like. It’s so weird, when I first got my TSI I thought it was so much more muted than the 915, and didn’t really care for it. When I was getting fit for the R, it sounded so much better than the TSI, that higher pitch tone that I like. But today it turns out the I sounds better to me, which is just so weird. All the videos of the tour guys hitting the R it sounded so much more crisp and I loved it. I hope you guys can tell a difference in these
View attachment 9124033
View attachment 9124032

Great Job...You can definitely tell the difference.

Got the chance to hit all the lefty heads ....8deg TSR3 was awesome BUT it was paired with autoflex 505 stiff !!! Autoflex gives awesome launch without spin increase.....if it wasn't stupid expensive......

2nd best was 9deg tsr2 lofted up .75 and upright. 75 with tensei blue

Access to entire lineup of heads and shafts is almost imperative to relieve doubt or questions

I was a little unsure about throwing a driver in the bag that I maybe got 15-20 swings on last night for tonight’s round, but what’s the worst that could happen right? Well that 20 extra yards we found in the fitting showed up to play, plus 10% more fairways than I’ve hit in a round all year. The TSR2 is a monster. Was windy this evening, but the ball just seemed to cut right through it. The HzRDUS black feels so nice and smooth, and I can make a big turn and swing this confidently. I play much better when the driver is working, and this thing put on a show tonight.
99E14C1A-8E40-481E-902F-C98F65D0C851.png

View attachment 9124033
View attachment 9124032
See, the i is more of a cracker. Sharper, crisp ting. R has more depth. Instead of just sounding quick it sounds smashed. :love:

Range session tonight was a blast. I've been struggling blocking it a bit, and that was trouble at times at Ballyhack also. Decided to change the hosel adjustment back to neutral (A1) when the fitter had it at fade (B1) and man did that help. Hitting it super solid tonight, and the swing speed was up as well with that little bit of extra confidence - ball speed up near 160 and SS at 109-110 on the better swings, estimated carry up at 280+. I just love the sound of the TSR2, it's solid and a little muted but you just know when you smashed it. With the hosel adjustment those big blocks pretty much went away and a straight ball to slight draw was setting up nicely.

Oh and talking about the forgiveness on tap here? Had one that I made a bad over steep swing and barely got half the ball onto the face high center...143 ball speed and still carried nearly 250. I absolutely have no right to get away with that, and this driver lets me do it.

TSR3 will get weekend duty. It's so weird bouncing between my two drivers. There's almost nothing similar about them. They make each other seem extreme.

Not sure how much I'll have after this week, but I'm going to work every single angle with it. Get extra and see what's what. It's definitely more forgiving overall, so let's see just how much.

And as promised, a little analysis of my driving at Ballyhack compared to my average:

Coming into the event:
Screenshot_20220929-231849.png
That's overall driving. Not great accuracy wise. That includes all clubs, but driver isn't much different at 28%.

Round 1 at Ballyhack: 8/14 FW (57%)
-Hit driver 7 times, 3 fairways (43%).
-Hit 4w 1 time, 1 fairway (100%).
Round 2 at Ballyhack: 5/14 FW (36%)
-Hit driver 7 times, 0 fairways (0%).
-Hit 4w 2 times, 1 fairway (50%).

So takeaway is that actually despite my struggles day 2 with driver, my performance day 1 was actually better than my recent average fairway percentage, and averaging both days I'm not much below my average. And that's on a fairly tough (and unfamiliar) driving course with a brand new club. Certainly not a bad place to start. I'll be updating the thread as things progress and I get a little more familiar with the club, but I'm thinking we'll see those numbers start to climb.

Also will have to post in the TSR Fairways thread, but the 4w acquitted itself super well off the tee - I only missed 1 fairway with it. Definitely a great dial back club for safe shots.

Last edited:
Was able to test my local pro shop’s TSR2 driver demo. Tested the 10 degree with the stock 1k shaft in stiff flex. I also brought a Ventus Blue 6X I have to try in it.
The 1k shaft is a poor fit for me, and that showed pretty quickly. I will say the driver is quite forgiving and my lateral dispersion was pretty solid.
Sadly, my Ventus didnt offer any better results.
Overall, I love the new shape of the 2 model. It looks great. It sounds pretty good.
But when switching back to my Stealth, it was pretty clear the two setups I tried couldn’t hang with my driver.
I intend to try out the TSR3 model, as I used to like the i model 3 better than the 2.

View attachment 9124033
View attachment 9124032

Both sound great!

Shaft is cut to 45.5 and the cp2 wrap is installed. Hope to get out tomorrow for the tsr2 maiden voyage.

Played in the pouring rain today from Ian left overs. Only missed 4 fairways. Average 265 which today was for more target than distance given conditions. Part of me wanted to put the driver away today but honestly it was so wet you had to shorten the course as much as possible.

Was able to test my local pro shop’s TSR2 driver demo. Tested the 10 degree with the stock 1k shaft in stiff flex. I also brought a Ventus Blue 6X I have to try in it.
The 1k shaft is a poor fit for me, and that showed pretty quickly. I will say the driver is quite forgiving and my lateral dispersion was pretty solid.
Sadly, my Ventus didnt offer any better results.
Overall, I love the new shape of the 2 model. It looks great. It sounds pretty good.
But when switching back to my Stealth, it was pretty clear the two setups I tried couldn’t hang with my driver.
I intend to try out the TSR3 model, as I used to like the i model 3 better than the 2.

I had the TSi and now have the TSR3. I actually prefer the shaft on the I than the R. I am waiting for my Graphic Design shaft to arrive tomorrow to swap it out. The 1k is too whippy.

Maiden post Ballyhack voyage for the TSR2 today on a drizzly, overcast, high 50's day. Excited!

Went out today with the TSr2 11* with Helium Black 5F3. Absolute keeper. Great sound/feel, really nice higher flight when I put a good swing on it. Forgiving too. A miss low in the face and another high toe produced playable results. Very pleased!

Played 9 yesterday w/ my buddy who is also my league partner. Was telling him how I was fit into an 11 degree driver and he kept remarking what a difference in height/carry I was getting. Kept showing him where I was hitting ball (heel, toe) as my driver swing was just terrible but my trusty TSR3 kept getting me in play. Even popped one straight up that still got me 220 in fairway.

Round today was a little interesting, but generally positive. Here's the Shot Scope view:
Screenshot_20221002-212913.png
Of note, driver was hit 10 times and I hit 3 fairways. The penalty stroke was actually not a driver (pull hooked hybo, don't wanna talk about it 😆).

Fairway percentage was about on par (just slightly better) with my previous rounds average on Shot Scope, but of note is it was 55 degrees, windy (20-25mph most of the day) with on and off rain, and with very little roll. So in adverse conditions, I more or less hit the same amount of fairways as in good conditions.

Distance wise, 264 P-avg is on the short side for me, but very solid considering the windy conditions and lack of roll. I feel pretty confident the distances were better than I would have gotten with my lower spin setup because it was an all carry kind of day, plus you know, TSR ball speed 💣. Hell, my longest drive of the day was actually a slight block 🤯

Now, are there issues? Hell yes, but I don't think they're the club's fault. I still have a nasty tendency to get stuck behind it, which led to a couple big blocks and one nasty pull. It comes back to the swing change I'm in the midst of that hasn't fully landed yet, but once I get more comfortable with it I think I'll be able to find a lot more fairways. The only thing I'm a little unsure of equipment wise is the shaft - it's lighter / higher torque than what I have in my Epic Max LS, and as a result I feel it more. I'm just not comfortable with that feeling just yet. Gonna give it more time before changing anything, but I have considered putting something a little heavier and a little more torsionally stiff in there.

Overall a decent first outing though, and have some things to build on. TSR speed was definitely noticeable on a day when the ball wasn't really traveling, and it's a driver I can stand over with confidence that it will bail me out of anything but a trash swing to reward me with solid distance and a playable trajectory.

Frankly, event high or not, I’m not sure how anything is going to truly compete to knock the 4 out of my bag.

430cc’s and I’m getting away with murder.

Going to try the Kinetixx Velocity in it soon, my old gamer, but I did get a shipping note which I think might be the Ventus Black 6X I was fit to come home in one piece….👀

I had another solid driving round with TSR. Easily the crappiest swing I'd brought to the course with it thus far, but I got away with it. I did get a little bit of a 2 way miss going for the first time but I'm not going to overreact since even my wedges were spray'n'pray. A handful of tight fades ripped down main street kept me smiling.

Was on the range and a dude came over that was hitting with his bud a few pods away. He was asking how I was liking it. I was telling him the big gain I’ve had off drives. He said he heard that from others but was skeptical until he said he was watching my drives for a bit.

Sidenote the course management probably hate me the last few weeks at the place nearby as pretty much all my drives have gotten to the woods on the range except one I smoked and I think it landed in the body repair shop parking lot across the street 😬😬

Was on the range and a dude came over that was hitting with his bud a few pods away. He was asking how I was liking it. I was telling him the big gain I’ve had off drives. He said he heard that from others but was skeptical until he said he was watching my drives for a bit.

Sidenote the course management probably hate me the last few weeks at the place nearby as pretty much all my drives have gotten to the woods on the range except one I smoked and I think it landed in the body repair shop parking lot across the street 😬😬

I see you're in VA ... what range?

I see you're in VA ... what range?

Belmont Golf Club. Pretty place. Great practice facilities, nice course, good par 3, and a big 18 hole putting course.

Back