What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bad day in the blitz, shot an 85 with 4 doubles, started off with 4 doubles on the first 6 holes, it was fairly decent for the last 12. Only used 30 putts so it could have been really ugly if the putter had not been working. I missed every birdie putt and 3 were within the 10 foot range. Needless to say I was -6 on my points for the day so I did not come close to cashing. My back is still acting up and I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with a chiropractor, hopefully we can get this thing fixed.

It's hard to play in pain good buddy! I hope you get some relief from your back soon and feel better once the problem area is fixed. Hopefully it's just a pinched nerve and not a disc issue . The chiropractor should be able to help you with a pinched nerve.

Oh yeah, I am looking forward to it. It actually hurts all of the time, so playing golf or not playing feels the same. After seeing the chiropractor tomorrow I may be told to slow it down, we'll see, but in the mean time I have got to see you hit that Yonex. :D

I can't see how you can play at all with an achy back. I kind of understand the play through pain stuff though if it's gonna hurt anyway, then why not.

We are playing again front side only so it is front nine times two. Yesterday was the same ole junk 40 43, today was better 39 37. First time I have broke 40 on the front in a while. Now to keep it going, tournament this weekend in Rome. I hope they get the back nine open today, still a mess but fairways are open anyway, just stay out of the woods. :D

Shot a 43 today, I had no business shooting that, should have been much worse lol, but I'll take it

I hit 1 of 6 fairways
I hit 1 of 9 GIR
but I 1 putted three times and only had 15 total putts

Rolled a long left to right downhill put in on the last hole for a par, got a standing ovation from the people eating out on the patio

Took a really dumb 7 on a par 4 when I slapped my 2nd straight right into the woods.

Pushed a few irons to ride side of greens, gotta work on rolling hands over with irons too and not dipping shoulder

Played with the wife for the first time in 7 years, took the kids along, had a great time

39 tonight on the easier 9 of my course... Finished with a birdie which is always nice.

I also got to enjoy loads of wind, and watched a thunderstorm creep past JUST north of me.. Lucky I even got 9 in!

39 tonight on the easier 9 of my course... Finished with a birdie which is always nice.

I also got to enjoy loads of wind, and watched a thunderstorm creep past JUST north of me.. Lucky I even got 9 in!

it started to drizzle when I was on 17 green, we got real lucky we finished in time!

it started to drizzle when I was on 17 green, we got real lucky we finished in time!

When did you finish?? It looked like it should have been clobbering your area. We were getting plenty of thunder.. I should have taken a photo of the cloud pushing in.. It was large haha!

7:30, then drove down to west chester on 75S, couldnt see anything in front of me for 5 minutes, hadnt seen it pour that hard in a long time

I am almost embarassed to post this, but i shot 90 with the beautiful snowman on 18. I either pound my driver and cant hit my irons OR, get off the tee like crap and throw darts at the green. Just once, i would like to put it all together over the same round

I am almost embarassed to post this, but i shot 90 with the beautiful snowman on 18. I either pound my driver and cant hit my irons OR, get off the tee like crap and throw darts at the green. Just once, i would like to put it all together over the same round

You'll get it man, there is nothing wrong with a 90.

I feel your pain. I shot a 92 a couple weeks ago and have shot low 80's and even a 78 since. That's golf.

everything I read on thi spage is funny to me. i.e: shot a 59 today, 14 FIRS, 18 GIRS....but I had a 3 putt so it was a bad day

lol

today i played the back 2x first go round wasnt good... 8 over
2nd time around was even par! 3 bogeys an eagle and a birdie
i played alone the first time out from the tips and i joined a few senior members the other time(from the senior tees)

I shot 88 today! Standardly I would be a bit upset with myself and I won't claim to have played really well, but today was a bit different and I'll take it. I was invited to play with a couple of guys who I know are solid shooters, at their course which is way above my means and a real joy to play. Not only was the wind blowing 25 to 35, with gust over 40, I was nervous as all get out. I don't really know these guys, just solid businessmen from town and they had heard I like to play.

It was brutal out there and even when I felt the ball come off clean and sweet the wind would blow it side ways a mile. I still hit 10 of 15 FIR,GIR and ended 31 putts over all for the top dog of our group at 88, haha. One guy hit a drive that looked so great that ballooned almost straight up, wee were joking about catching it. I was elated that they asked me to play and extremely happy that I enjoyed the company. Nice professional people and a great time.

Here's a couple pic's of the course we played:

IMAG00951.jpg

IMAG00961.jpg

These greens run the gammit. Most are very small and flat looking while others are a mix of sizes, but all are sneaky quick with ver subtle breaks that can run the ball well away. Most are raised like this one.

IMAG00931.jpg

81 today. 41-40. Couldn't get any putts to fall. Never liked these greens. Did make some longish putts for pars..... handicap dropped back to 8.3

41-42 for an 83 today! Really a great score for me considering I only had 2 GIR and 3 fairways. Only 29 putts. I guess that hour at the short game area yesterday really paid off.

nothing wrong with a 90, just gotta bounce back next time!

41-42 for an 83 today! Really a great score for me considering I only had 2 GIR and 3 fairways. Only 29 putts. I guess that hour at the short game area yesterday really paid off.

See, my short game is killing me. I have no confidence when I miss a green. I'm way to dependent with a 60* wedge. need more variety.

nice score! sounds like me, missing fairways, not hitting greens but somehow managing. 29 putts helps the cause too...nice

See, my short game is killing me. I have no confidence when I miss a green. I'm way to dependent with a 60* wedge. need more variety.

You just gotta get creative. I used a hybrid from the rough today and it lipped out. I just spent that hour at the short game area hitting every possible shot I could think of with every type of club. I make it fun, haha.

A bump and run is really helpful, no use playing a flop when you have a ton of green to work with. Like some say the quicker you can get the ball on the ground the better.

A bump and run is really helpful, no use playing a flop when you have a ton of green to work with. Like some say the quicker you can get the ball on the ground the better.

I couldn't agree more, I've only started using this shot heavily in the past two weeks but dang is it effective. Takes a flubbed shot out of the mix for the most part as well.

--
tapatalk

Played a tough Avila Beach Golf Course in Central CA. Played from the tips and was fairly happy with my 92 (I'm hacking out here!). It's a narrow course so I was very happy with my play off the tee. New driver played incredibly well. My buddy who usually out drives me by a large margin was first to hit his second shot on many holes.

All in all a great success. Just got to keep working on eliminating those blow up holes.

Didn't really keep score since we didn't get off 'till 6 and had enough beverages in us while hanging on the clubhouse deck. But, I'd have to say around a 46 - and that's with a 9 on a par 5. My driver and 3H were clicking today, but my putting and short game were a bit rusty after taking four days off from my daily 1 hour practice sessions on and around the green.

nice score! sounds like me, missing fairways, not hitting greens but somehow managing. 29 putts helps the cause too...nice

Short game is everything in golf...if you don't have it you won't short well. Sounds like you guys are doing something right

I shot a 48 yesterday in some 20+ mph winds at times. I hit a drive last night that would have been about 255-260 and the wind just slapped it right down and it went about 210. I did hit 3 firs and only 1 gir.

Shot an 89 today from the gold. Couldn't get the driver going well today and missed some really easy putts. Still had a great time with OG & Dawgdaddy though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back