4h in exchange of 4i. been working for me. :D

I spent some more time thinking about this.. When I miss my 4 iron, I either hit it slightly off center or I hit it fat and it goes 65% of the distance it needs to.

That said, when I miss my hybrid, it's usually a hook.. I guess it just depends what I want out of my clubs.. At this point, I'd rather miss my 4 fat than well left.

Haven't carried anything longer than a five iron since I purchased my first Taylormade Rescue #4. My current set up is a hybrid set right up to the 3h. Tomorrow will involve some time on the Mizuno shaft optimizer and hitting a few 4 irons to decide the set make up on my next purchase. May have a 4 iron in the bag down the road....may not!

I love my 4hybrid. I would only switch to a 4i if somebody made me...

It is now 'Nay' after getting new irons and dusting off an old hybrid. My new 5-iron is the same loft as my old 4-iron.

I'm far from an expert, but it feels like the newer clubs comes with a stronger loft as your example. Is this a general trend? Anyone with insight?

Yes for me for now, the Mizuno's I got are 4-gw and I've kept it in the bag and actually hit it very well on the few instances I've pulled it out of the bag. I've hit it very well on the range as well, so it's here to stay until it fails me then I"ll look at another hybrid.

nope, long gone in favor of a hybrid. Even thinking about ditching the 5i too.

Yes for me. It fills a gap between my 2i hybrid, 5 wood, and 5 iron. Granted I have to hit great shots with all 3 of these to get the said gap but just in case.... lol

Since I got the TM Burner 2.0's...... YEA YEA YEA !!!

Am seriously considering taking the 4i out in place of a 4h. Been testing the 4h, and it's just easier to hit, goes the same distance, and a lot more forgiving. Almost seems like a no brainer to put it in the bag. Starting to get too many headcovers in the bag now. lol

i'm more of a 3 and 4 iron kinda guy as I never really got into hybrids. Use whatever works for your game.

I still use my 4i because I can consistently hit it straight (granted it might go only 85% of the distance sometimes). Still getting used to hitting hybrids, I always seem to go offline with them (but the distance is still there).

Yea sir.

Yup, its the only club I can consistently hit off the tee right now. lol.

i love my 4 iron! i hit it more often than the 3 hybrid

I like my 4i and 3. I hit a solid 4i yesterday 224 with a helping wind behind me into the center if the green and it rolled to about 10 feet. I 2 putted for a par.

For the foreseeable future, I will be gaming the 3 & 4 irons as part of my testing for the VR Pro Combo's. Prior to this I had dropped the 4 & 5 irons and replaced them with the M5.

The M5 is now being dropped in favor of the long irons. I used to enjoy the long irons off the tee but not so much off the deck (hit or miss) but I am rededicating myself to them for the love of testing!

Yea, I play 2 par 3's 170-180 with it. Hybrid seems to overshoot those. Besides all the chips out of the trees I use it for.

My set of Di9's dont even have a 4i. But if they did I would still continue to use my consistent wilson fybrid 4h.

I like my 4, I don't hit hybrids and learning to play I never used drivers so I needed to learn my long irons at a young age to move the ball down the course.

I play a 4 iron but am honestly looking to replace it with a hybrid instead since I've been hitting my 3h a lot better lately.

4I and 5I fly too low and are too punishing if I miss. Prefer hybrids for forgiveness and trajectory.

gotta say nay...my 4h is the club I have the most confidence with so I'm a little biased i guess

what's this 4 iron thing you guys speak of?

Back