So, I spoke with Bag Boy customer service. I sent them videos. The rep I talked to was very nice. She did say that her manager or whatever team was in charge of the the department that got back to her, told her that it was normal. That the Grip Loks were not intended to hold the club from spinning. They are only there to hold the club from bouncing out of the bag. She even agreed that it was odd considering that if the club spins it can hit other club heads.
She was also testing it with a bag she had in front of her when she called back. She found that the four slots in the center of the bag did hold the grip with less resistance than the outer ring. The clubs in the outer ring held very firm from spinning. The clubs in the center were held down, but the club heads could spin when applying less much less pressure in comparison. She thought it shouldn’t be that way at least when the bag was new.
Bagboy has excellent customer service. Glad they took thit kind of time with you instead of just brushing you off.

Do you keep your woods in the center slots? That's how I do it. Irons and edges around the outer ring, woods in the middle. Seems to work well.

When I first started setting it up thats how I started. Then I found the heads of my woods were super squished in there. I had to take off at least one of my headcovers from the start. Then I re-arranged it to have a little bit more of a standard bag set up. With woods kind of back right, and irons going in lines working to longest in the back. That was around the time I noticed the heads in the middle slots spinning easier. Thats when I posted on here, and you told me your clubs in the center didnt spin just like the outer circle. I then put my clubs bag in my old bag.

When I first started setting it up thats how I started. Then I found the heads of my woods were super squished in there. I had to take off at least one of my headcovers from the start. Then I re-arranged it to have a little bit more of a standard bag set up. With woods kind of back right, and irons going in lines working to longest in the back. That was around the time I noticed the heads in the middle slots spinning easier. Thats when I posted on here, and you told me your clubs in the center didnt spin just like the outer circle. I then put my clubs bag in my old bag.
Gotcha.

I think finding a good way to arrange the clubs may have been my biggest struggle with the bag.

Looking at getting one of these, I switch between walking (MGI Electric cart) and Riding, so I'm constantly having to swap the way my clubs are in the bag. Is there a way to remove the front pocket cover to have it embroidered?

I just bought the Revolver XP and have used on my MGI Zip Navigator, minor issue, bag is a little short to be able to use the rotating head. But it fits in very well, much better than my Nike Hybrid. On the back of a cart it fits perfectly and the rotating top is a great feature. My only real issue with the bag is when I carry the bag with the shoulder strap on my shoulder the bag is very top heavy and leans forward to the point of clubs wanting to fall out of the bag. I have tightened the strap to as short as it can go. Anyone having this issue?

I just bought the Revolver XP and have used on my MGI Zip Navigator, minor issue, bag is a little short to be able to use the rotating head. But it fits in very well, much better than my Nike Hybrid. On the back of a cart it fits perfectly and the rotating top is a great feature. My only real issue with the bag is when I carry the bag with the shoulder strap on my shoulder the bag is very top heavy and leans forward to the point of clubs wanting to fall out of the bag. I have tightened the strap to as short as it can go. Anyone having this issue?
I never had an issue with the clubs wanting to fall out. With them all clipped in, I could literally turn this thing upside down and not lose a club.

I've noticed it's a little top heavy when carrying it and takes a little getting used to. As long as you push the clubs all the way down, they'll lock into place...clipping them into the top just adds to the security, so I guess I just didn't care much if the bag tipped a little as I was carrying them from car to cart. Now if I was going to use it as a carry bag for whatever reason, that would have been quite a bit more annoying.

Anyone know if golf pride cp2 jumbo grips will fit in this bag?

Anyone know if golf pride cp2 jumbo grips will fit in this bag?
I dont have any of those grips, but based on diameter size and putting built up others, I would say yes.

Back