TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

Just wanted to say congrats to all the testers and I am looking forward to reading more thoughts and results on 2.0. Must admit, quite a bit jealous.....:desire:

Cheers from Sweden

Congrats to the new testers. I can't wait to read your thoughts on these sticks as they are very high on my list to purchase.

Congratulations to a great group of testers! I know you all will do THP proud!

I'd like to thank everybody for their congratulatios and well wishes. I am sure we will all work really hard to give you all good reviews and helpful information. If you feel we are missing something, please let us know and we will attempt to fix it. I hope the other testers do not mind that I have posted this in the group format, but I am sure they will feel the same way.

I'd like to thank everybody for their congratulatios and well wishes. I am sure we will all work really hard to give you all good reviews and helpful information. If you feel we are missing something, please let us know and we will attempt to fix it. I hope the other testers do not mind that I have posted this in the group format, but I am sure they will feel the same way.

Agreed, if you have any questions just ask us. We will try to respond as quick as we can.

So testers what clubs are we coming from? Did anyone go graphite?

They do offer a 65 gram graphite shaft and I considered it. In the end, 65 grams is too light for me. I am coming from 2010 R9's with KBS 90 gram stiff shafts. Love them! If the 2.0 outperform the R9, I will absolutely be in LOVE!!

Yes please, tease us with the details, I love hearing about what shafts/grips people chose. Bring on the juicy details!!!

Yes please, tease us with the details, I love hearing about what shafts/grips people chose. Bring on the juicy details!!!

I didn't know we had all of these choices. PM said send in lie/shaft length/stiffness. I didn't pick grips out, or shafts...was I supposed too?

They do offer a 65 gram graphite shaft and I considered it. In the end, 65 grams is too light for me. I am coming from 2010 R9's with KBS 90 gram stiff shafts. Love them! If the 2.0 outperform the R9, I will absolutely be in LOVE!!

I think you are going to be in love then Tomahawk. IMO the 2.0 are superior to the R9 by a decent margin. Just my opinion though. I was actually really surprised at how soft the 2.0's felt and the ball just flies!

Congrats guys!

I didn't know we had all of these choices. PM said send in lie/shaft length/stiffness. I didn't pick grips out, or shafts...was I supposed too?

I don't know for sure, it just seems like on some of these testing threads their are custom options and it's always cool to see what's out there. I'm sure on this one it'll be the stock shafts and grips.

JB said we were allowed Burner 2.0 options that are on the TM site. I saw a graphite shaft on there. I didn't choose it though. You should check with him for sure.

You've heard back from your email already? And yeah, these irons are going to be very interesting. I've always wanted some sort of combo set, and these seem to be built that way.

I dont think we are reviewing the Burner 2.0 Rescue combo set, I think its just the basic 3-P wedges. I have a fitting scheduled tomorrow morning with a certified TM SelectFit fitter I found on the TM site to make sure I get everything fit exactly to my specs. I know it wont be a true apples to apples comparison to my current set, but maybe it can help persuade some folks to try a fitting (this will be my first). I had the urge to just fire off my standard spec email, but want to take the time and do this right.

I will be coming from the Cleveland CG Gold irons with the standard stiff steel shaft, std loft, lie too.

I dont think we are reviewing the Burner 2.0 Rescue combo set, I think its just the basic 3-P wedges. I have a fitting scheduled tomorrow morning with a certified TM SelectFit fitter I found on the TM site to make sure I get everything fit exactly to my specs. I know it wont be a true apples to apples comparison to my current set, but maybe it can help persuade some folks to try a fitting (this will be my first). I had the urge to just fire off my standard spec email, but want to take the time and do this right.

I will be coming from the Cleveland CG Gold irons with the standard stiff steel shaft, std loft, lie too.

I know it's not really a combo set, but the way each iron is individualized in performance makes it seem like one to me. Different kick points in each shaft, and different CGs. Also the top lines are different for each iron too. I guess that's what I was getting at.

I requested the steel shafts, stiff in flex. I got them standard in length, 2 degrees upright. I also requested Multi-compound grips.

I'm coming from TaylorMade Burner Plus irons that I bought a couple months ago. They were also standard in length, only 1 degree upright, and stiff flex. I think they will have the exact same shafts.

I also requested 2* up, .5" longer than standard, steel stiff shafts, and multi compound grips.

Congrats guys on getting picked

You + lengthers must be tall!! Aren't these already like 1/2" longer than normal?

You + lengthers must be tall!! Aren't these already like 1/2" longer than normal?

I think they're right around .25 longer. That's what I always get, so I went standard here.

I got +1/2 +2*stiff but I am only 6' tall. I just have short arms. When I was fit I was told my arms are far enough off the ground for someone 4 inches taller than me

T-Rex Yorkem

I got +1", 2* upright. I'm 6'4".

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.

I am 6'3". And you bring up an intersting question. I was fitted +.5" for standard length irons. Since these come long, do I ignore my fitting and get them standard? Or is part of the advantage the shaft length, which i assume gives more distance, so I would order to my spec? Anyone have a thought?

Back