The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Lots of exciting things going on at THP HQ for the Morgan Cup that is less than 2 months away. One exciting newsflash is that the beautiful CUP will be arriving and photographed for the world to set their eyes on. It is a beauty and we cannot wait to share it with everybody. We will also have an update for people next week that want to attend that are not participants. How they can be involved, what the schedule is, and more. We also heard from your Tour Rep and he will have info for each participant next week on Media Day and what you should be prepared for. But wait, there is more...

Next week we will have some exciting news for everybody. The first matchups will be published on the home page for the world to see.

Stay tuned for this exciting update early in the week and be prepared for some surprises.

That's great news JB. I can't wait to see what the cup looks like and the seeing who's playing who should certainly stir the pot.

None of this could happen without your captains. TC & Biggsy have both been tremendously helpful and NONE of this could happen without them.

Thanks for your hard work gentleman!

Yeah, I dont think you want to kick back too much...Wait for the details...And practice your interview skills or "pitching" skills.

The last time I pitched I hurt a couple guys.

Ok...here is my promised video entry.

I've eaten a raw egg in front of the camera and gave a North Carolina swing tip with my hybrid covered in Hidden Valley. I bring a wow factor, I'm unconventional and the masses love me. I'm a perfect pitchman for Team Taylormade.

TC and I have set the bar...let's see you boys step it up! :D

lol.....you sure are! I will say this, you did step it up with the videos dude. Kinda came out of your shell dude. I liked it. I thought we set a high bar, seems it was so high it just terrified people.

Seeing you guys get your Woods for the MC has me all giddy again to hear from my Tour Rep dammitt!

Great first video AD! Good to put a face to the name and teammate.

I've eaten a raw egg in front of the camera and gave a North Carolina swing tip with my hybrid covered in Hidden Valley. I bring a wow factor, I'm unconventional and the masses love me. I'm a perfect pitchman for Team Taylormade.

Don't forget about the left-handed driver swing.

Ok...here is my promised video entry.

Great video ad, and well said on the many necessary thank you's!

Seeing you guys get your Woods for the MC has me all giddy again to hear from my Tour Rep dammitt!

Agreed!

Lol it was great to see Google come back in this tread. Missed his not in my league comments.

Swing change huh? You and CG like blowing up your own team. Ask Dirty about his.

I told you all Jrod existed.

As far as relavent..... Hmmmmmm Im here everyday. I talk to people. In a way Im a lot like TC but not as hairy, tall and usually 20 strokes behind him. Funny the guy who probably interacts less with THP membere than Nikegolf talk about relevancy.

Dont worry Aha I dont need to be facing you to know what youll do that day. Just hopin to see more of your smilin Avatar around here more haha. You make me a better poster.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

Alright AD...that was funny right there. He's got a sense of humor! LOL

Good for you putting those swing videos up and thought you did a great job with the video.

It really is a privilege to be sponsored by Taylormade and to be associated with THP.

Fantastic news JB!!!! Thank you to both captains as well.

Cant wait to see your vid ad.

ad, the video was great. I thought it was very thorough, professional, and exactly what I'd expect from you buddy. I love your golf swing. You know exactly what your golf ball is going to do, and that my friend, is a good thing. You're a classy guy and I'm glad you're on my squad man.

Seems like you had a good range session?

Seems like you had a good range session?

For the first session with four new clubs...I thought it went real well.

Lol it was great to see Google come back in this tread. Missed his not in my league comments.

Swing change huh? You and CG like blowing up your own team. Ask Dirty about his.

lol, set to peak in mid August. I may give you some pointers after we celebrate our victory.

Great video AD, nice work man!

I have to admit to just watching CG13's videos as i was busy preparing my own, then getting some of tomorrow's work done so I can play golf. CG do you like your 5W? lol. I loved the guarantee. Quick questions for you as I saw you gripping a club in the first video. Is that your normal grip? You see a lot of the left side of the golf course?

Way to get a video in there AD, but smile my husky brother, golf is fun. Don't worry about your swing, that over the top move is no worse than my chicken wing. I'll be saving my swing images for FL. I'd hate to have Team Hackers lose their mind this early contemplating how the hell I strike the ball so well with that move. I'll let their heads explode Thursday on the range.

Kevin

For the first session with four new clubs...I thought it went real well.

Perfect! Dude, you're making awesome contact and I could tell just by listening. That's all that matters.

Driving range session for CG13 with a small bucket of balls takes 3 hours.
actually i get through practice quick. its the course that i take my time and wear my opponents down.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Lots of exciting things going on at THP HQ for the Morgan Cup that is less than 2 months away. One exciting newsflash is that the beautiful CUP will be arriving and photographed for the world to set their eyes on. It is a beauty and we cannot wait to share it with everybody. We will also have an update for people next week that want to attend that are not participants. How they can be involved, what the schedule is, and more. We also heard from your Tour Rep and he will have info for each participant next week on Media Day and what you should be prepared for. But wait, there is more...

Next week we will have some exciting news for everybody. The first matchups will be published on the home page for the world to see.

Stay tuned for this exciting update early in the week and be prepared for some surprises.

sweeetness! i cant wait to hear whats in store. Matchups galore. I wonder how they were picked.

I will proabably be nervous, but I think media day is going to be a day to just kick back and have some fun.
remember One-T's deodorant for your forehead and you'll be fine buddy

I have a feeling theres going to be ALOT of face time during this. These two OEM's didn't give this equipment away for nothing! I just hope somebody hides the champagne away from Cg13.
nuh-uh - im a bring a jeroboam of champagne - 4 bottles in one- when team hackers celebrates wins we bring it.

I have to admit to just watching CG13's videos as i was busy preparing my own, then getting some of tomorrow's work done so I can play golf. CG do you like your 5W? lol. I loved the guarantee. Quick questions for you as I saw you gripping a club in the first video. Is that your normal grip? You see a lot of the left side of the golf course?

Way to get a video in there AD, but smile my husky brother, golf is fun. Don't worry about your swing, that over the top move is no worse than my chicken wing. I'll be saving my swing images for FL. I'd hate to have Team Hackers lose their mind this early contemplating how the hell I strike the ball so well with that move. I'll let their heads explode Thursday on the range.

Kevin

nah i didnt take any real grips i dont think! but then again i was sleepy. my miss with the hybrids is a hook, drivers it right. thougth i use a pretty neutral grip though

Question for All You Morgan Cup Players

I know you have all been working very diligently on your golf games. But, how are you preparing yourself for the mental side of The Morgan Cup, e.g., tournament pressure (unlike most of us have dealt with), cameras, etc.?

I know you have all been working very diligently on your golf games. But, how are you preparing yourself for the mental side of The Morgan Cup, e.g., tournament pressure (unlike most of us have dealt with), cameras, etc.?

I'll be playing in as many tournaments and match play events as possible. Our club has 2 match play events going on, so I am playing in both of those. Also I was thinking about playing in the Amateur this year as well. Cameras? I don't know what I'll do there, but I am pretty sure I can goof off on camera much like I goof off in the rest of my life. Plus, the camera loves me, lets face it, "I AM PRETTY"

Edit: Ad good video - rocking the Hybrid I see!

I've been in major competitions in different sports and on camera with one of them. I always try and make golf a little competitive, it's boring without it. I've got more tournaments lined up. I know what it's like to be compete with a team, it's not surprising and I am used to the nerves and feelings that arise.

I've put myself in front of the camera while playing golf, I make sure I am flexing so I look better on camera.

I fully expect to be nervous on the first tee, it's let me know I am alive. I'll take a shot of ranch, mix it with an egg and be on my way. It's what we do.

Surprisingly enough, those that have been to a THP Outing have dealt with this pressure. Its still about performing in front of your peers and while the outings have not been competitive in the past, the same nerves flow.

I've played in competitive sports my entire life and I actually thrive under pressure. I play much better golf in a pressure situations then I do just going out and hacking it up.

biggsy, how nerve wracking was the 18th hole on the Squire? THat's when I was really feeling it. There will be some nerves on that first tee box, but typically after that, they tend to go away. It's hard to prepare yourself for something of this magnitude. You just have to try to make yourself as uncomfortable as possible. JB's right though, a THP outing is a really good way to prepare. You don't tee it up at an Outing without some sort of pressure on yourself. This whole forum is waiting to see what you shot, or hear about how you played.

Ok people...you can't talk about Jrod until 5:30 PM CST...he's in a combine (not of the NFL variety) and can't be bothered with defending against sophomoric banter and trash-talking.

They need to get you some handsfree interneting device for that combine!

55 days until The Morgan Cup officially begins.

It will be here before we know it.

Since the start of Summer on Tuesday, it has rained every afternoon. Before that, we had not had a drop of rain before for a month at least. Rainy afternoons are a part of life here in Florida. Get your rain gear ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back