2022 Mizuno M.CRAFT OMOI Putters

a couple days of practice putting with the omoi 03 and i'm liking it more and more. i still might swap in a bigger grip and maybe cut it down 1/4", but i do love the feel of a well-struck putt with this thing. i admit i still feel like i'm fighting it sometimes, but i think that's just because my last putter was so big with so much weight low and on the perimeter that i was getting away with a jankier stroke than i realized. a decent stroke with the omoi 03 and the roll has been extremely smooth. like @Jman said sometimes you just need a little time, and with a little time the omoi 03 gets more and more fun.

a couple days of practice putting with the omoi 03 and i'm liking it more and more. i still might swap in a bigger grip and maybe cut it down 1/4", but i do love the feel of a well-struck putt with this thing. i admit i still feel like i'm fighting it sometimes, but i think that's just because my last putter was so big with so much weight low and on the perimeter that i was getting away with a jankier stroke than i realized. a decent stroke with the omoi 03 and the roll has been extremely smooth. like @Jman said sometimes you just need a little time, and with a little time the omoi 03 gets more and more fun.
glad to see that it's coming around (y)

i've had 4 rounds with the omoi 03 so far. putts per round have been 29, 32, 27, and 28. ummm, that's kinda insane!

i've had 4 rounds with the omoi 03 so far. putts per round have been 29, 32, 27, and 28. ummm, that's kinda insane!
Definitely not a good fit 😆 Very cool that it’s working out!

Definitely not a good fit 😆 Very cool that it’s working out!

coming up on 3 months and this is squarely in the bag. i really do love it. i've picked up some confidence, and i'm making good putts. there's no doubt that the omoi 03 is less forgiving than the spaceship i was putting with before, but my on-course play has not suffered at all and i have already gained confidence and comfort with it.

28 putts in my round friday. including 4 one-putts late in the round when i was working on a pb 9-holes. so good!

28 putts in my round friday. including 4 one-putts late in the round when i was working on a pb 9-holes. so good!
Considering some of the putting issues you e had in the past, it’s good to see your putting getting sorted and becoming fun again

What about it do you think is contributing most to your success with it? Is it the weight? Shape? What is the magic?

I just don’t find this lineup of putters to be appealing, at all.

What about it do you think is contributing most to your success with it? Is it the weight? Shape? What is the magic?

i think the weight. something heavier to keep things online.

shape? color? what is bothering you about them?

Something about them looked cheap to me. I need to check them out again.

Something about them looked cheap to me. I need to check them out again.
I think they look really good. Don’t have one in the bag but rolled them and they are on my ponder list.

coming up on 3 months and this is squarely in the bag. i really do love it. i've picked up some confidence, and i'm making good putts. there's no doubt that the omoi 03 is less forgiving than the spaceship i was putting with before, but my on-course play has not suffered at all and i have already gained confidence and comfort with it.
Sounds like a winner! I need to get to a store and try these again.

Rolled a bunch of putters. The OMOI 3 stood out to me. There is a lot to like. I have the m-craft IV and the familiar sound is comforting. The heavier weight promotes a smooth stroke. I have to setup a little differently. This is a contender for adding a mallet to the current quiver of one.

Rolled a bunch of putters. The OMOI 3 stood out to me. There is a lot to like. I have the m-craft IV and the familiar sound is comforting. The heavier weight promotes a smooth stroke. I have to setup a little differently. This is a contender for adding a mallet to the current quiver of one.
I am so intrigued by the OMOI 3. I also game the Mcraft IV and have grown to really love it with a couple of weight adjustments. I'm playing it heavier now than I did before so that makes me feel like OMOI might be good for me. I always forget to look at them when I'm at the golf store though.

I actually rolled the M craft IV recently. I didn't get it but that’s a really nice putter. Amazing blue finish too.

I know this is a Mizuno thread, but just noticed Taylormade posted this and some putters have a blue finish like the Mizuno putters.

the mizuno blue looks amazing in person

I know this is a Mizuno thread, but just noticed Taylormade posted this and some putters have a blue finish like the Mizuno putters.

Saw that and immediately thought they ripped off mizuno.

Back