Voice Caddie T9 Golf GPS Watch Review

Instagram ftw. New watch shipping out hopefully this week.
While I'm glad it's being resolved. I'm a little disappointed you had to get a new watch, even though your initial one was used. I wonder if it was a "dud" to begin with

While I'm glad it's being resolved. I'm a little disappointed you had to get a new watch, even though your initial one was used. I wonder if it was a "dud" to begin with
Meh, it's electronics, there's always gonna be some issues with a handful of items.

Got my new watch today and everything looks good. Should be able to put it to use this Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Got my new watch today and everything looks good. Should be able to put it to use this Sunday. Looking forward to it.
Glad they got you sorted!!

I was able to finally use my T9 yesterday and there was some good and some bad.

I'll start with the bad. It froze twice and I had to reset the watch by holding the side button down for a while. I'm not sure what happened, but this was on the front nine and after the second time it worked flawlessly. Hoping this was just a random fluke. Actual function and feature wise, the biggest negative that stood out to me was how big the hole map was. There were several times where I kind of needed/wanted the map to display more width of the hole. It shows the fairway and a little bit of rough, but there are definitely instances where getting the overhead look of further left/right is needed. That is my biggest gripe so far.

Now for the good. Overall I loved using this thing and it is a big upgrade for me personally over my last gps watch (much bigger price tag as well). Even though the overhead view width was limited, it works for 95% of what I want to see and was super useful for grabbing quick distances to bunkers, specific water line locations, end of fairways, etc. Some other watches show distances to hazards but without the overhead view and ability to pin point specific spots it's extremely limited IMO. Being able to tap the screen to pick a location really came in handy on most holes. Another thing that I really appreciated was the ability to move the pin location on the green. Obviously this won't be exact, but we had general pin locations from the course and with the overhead view of the green, it was pretty easy to get it really accurate. I tested this a few times with a laser I had on me and I consistently was dropping the pin within 3 yards of what the laser gave me. So being able to quickly get distance to the front of the green and to the pin off of a watch was huge. I used the gps via The Grint on my phone while I waited for my watch, with shares a lot of similar abilities to move your targets, but not having to pull out my phone was so much better, and I felt like I was getting more accurate distances on my watch than what I've gotten through Grint.

I didn't do a refresh of all the features before going out, and with it being my first time using it, I'm sure I missed some things. Will have more to come. As long as the freezing doesn't become a repeat issue I am really going to love using this.

I was able to finally use my T9 yesterday and there was some good and some bad.

I'll start with the bad. It froze twice and I had to reset the watch by holding the side button down for a while. I'm not sure what happened, but this was on the front nine and after the second time it worked flawlessly. Hoping this was just a random fluke. Actual function and feature wise, the biggest negative that stood out to me was how big the hole map was. There were several times where I kind of needed/wanted the map to display more width of the hole. It shows the fairway and a little bit of rough, but there are definitely instances where getting the overhead look of further left/right is needed. That is my biggest gripe so far.

Now for the good. Overall I loved using this thing and it is a big upgrade for me personally over my last gps watch (much bigger price tag as well). Even though the overhead view width was limited, it works for 95% of what I want to see and was super useful for grabbing quick distances to bunkers, specific water line locations, end of fairways, etc. Some other watches show distances to hazards but without the overhead view and ability to pin point specific spots it's extremely limited IMO. Being able to tap the screen to pick a location really came in handy on most holes. Another thing that I really appreciated was the ability to move the pin location on the green. Obviously this won't be exact, but we had general pin locations from the course and with the overhead view of the green, it was pretty easy to get it really accurate. I tested this a few times with a laser I had on me and I consistently was dropping the pin within 3 yards of what the laser gave me. So being able to quickly get distance to the front of the green and to the pin off of a watch was huge. I used the gps via The Grint on my phone while I waited for my watch, with shares a lot of similar abilities to move your targets, but not having to pull out my phone was so much better, and I felt like I was getting more accurate distances on my watch than what I've gotten through Grint.

I didn't do a refresh of all the features before going out, and with it being my first time using it, I'm sure I missed some things. Will have more to come. As long as the freezing doesn't become a repeat issue I am really going to love using this.
Have you had a chance to use this again @drp3434 ?

Have you had a chance to use this again @drp3434 ?
Used it in my round this week and I love this thing. Worked flawlessly and the ability to tap different locations with the overhead view is huge. Also the fact that the green rotates as you walk around it and gives you yardage to the front edge from where you're at.

Doing a little tempo work tonight into my net. I haven't utilized the practice tempo feature as much as I should, and just hitting into my net tonight I feel like I'm learning some really valuable info. I'm finding that if I keep my tempo to a 3 or just over I'm making much more consistent contact, can more easily keep my swing on plane, and it's much easier to keep my backswing from getting way too long, which is a huge problem for me. This is a fantastic watch.

Do not buy this, I've been trying to get hold of tech support for a while now, after the latest update putt view will no longer load. It just says preparing putt view with a construction icon. Absolute crickets from voicecaddie, I've called, I've left messages, I've emailed, I've messaged them on social media. I've had 4 other products from them that were awesome but something has happened over there. Buyer beware....

I bought mine from a THP’er and hope it works this weekend when I try it for the first time.

I did try it at home into the net and the temp practice is awesome. I tend to get fast, especially at practice, and I am going to love this function. I am playing Sunday and will report back on how it works

20230406_085139.jpg20230406_085357.jpg

Working my 3/4 gap wedge rhythm with the T9 this morning.

It really is hard to beat this feature.

Screenshot_20230410_142742_MyVoiceCaddie.jpg

Okay Voice Caddie. This is seriously pissing me off. What is the deal all the sudden lately? This is the last thing you want on the first tee.

View attachment 9170459

Okay Voice Caddie. This is seriously pissing me off. What is the deal all the sudden lately? This is the last thing you want on the first tee.
I'm not getting that message but a more general error message after I signed out and tried to sign back in, all because the phone wouldn't pair with the app.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app was not helpful either. I'm messaging customer service on social media and responses are sparse

I'm not getting that message but a more general error message after I signed out and tried to sign back in, all because the phone wouldn't pair with the app.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app was not helpful either. I'm messaging customer service on social media and responses are sparse
I'm trying to remember how I solved it...

I think once I got signed in on the app finally I had forget and repair the watch and I was good to go.

I'm trying to remember how I solved it...

I think once I got signed in on the app finally I had forget and repair the watch and I was good to go.

Well I'll just keep trying to log in every so often, so far unsuccessful

Well I'll just keep trying to log in every so often, so far unsuccessful

Damnit. I really can't remember what the solve was. I don't have it in front of me to jog my memory. 😡

If I do I'll post and tag you.

Damnit. I really can't remember what the solve was. I don't have it in front of me to jog my memory. 😡

If I do I'll post and tag you.
After numerous attempts I was able to get it sorted, it took a few reboots but all is good now.

@OldandStiff you're getting the error when you're opening the app?
I got it when I got signed out of it and had to sign back in. It wouldn't take my password that was 100% correct and that all went down the 404 rabbit hole after that.

I was going to say, I tried everything and the app was working fine for me today 🤷‍♂️
It's fine for me now. Except that it still doesn't work on the course 8 played today. Neither did the 8. Other than that it's been back to normal though.

Back