2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a firm number to give everyone but I will say that we are getting VERY close to filling up!

Yes, this one definitely filled up faster than the last ones. Faster than I ever thought it would fill up.

OK, all of you habitual procrastinators better get to humping it. Looks like the well there will be time later attitude might come back to bite you this time.

OK, all of you habitual procrastinators better get to humping it. Looks like the well there will be time later attitude might come back to bite you this time.

Agreed!! And if you try real hard to read between the lines LOL, I think there might be a message there for previous outing participants. If you swung it review it! I would want to come to the outing with or without the demo day, but it would be a damn shame if the demo days were removed due to lack of OEM appreciation.

Actually JB and I talk NFL Draft because we already know the equipment....hehe

No JB usually spends the weeks leading up to the outing with them on the phone relentlessly cramming information into their heads until is second nature to them. :stickbeat: Surprise calls at 3am where you need to rattle off the shaft specs for the entire Taylormade golf offering, or what is the chemical make up of the face of a Cleveland CG 15 wedge.

Spoiler
I kid of course, these guys have the knowledge because they are lovers of golf like the rest of us and they go above and beyond to make sure everyone who attends has the best possible time they can.

Actually JB and I talk NFL Draft because we already know the equipment....hehe

lol that wouldnt surprise me, as much as everybody is on here and looking at equpiment it was kinda a dumb question on my part, i was just thinking about remembering all the shaft specs ect.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I hate to have to do this but I need to make a very important announcement about the Outing attendees. We are getting a lot of requests for friends and family members to come to the outing. I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but the THP Golf Outings are strictly for THP members. We have said that it's alright for a significant other to come or someone with small children, and we understand if 1 person brings a relative as their +1 but if you would like additional friends or relatives to come it is imperative that they are ACTIVE forum members. I am highlighting active because they cannot just be people who sign up to get a forum name but then never make a post. The point of the outing is to bring THP members together so that people can finally out faces to the screen names they have been chatting with for so long.

Another VERY important reason for having the attendees of the outing be active forum members is because everyone who comes is responsible for providing their feedback on the demo day equipment in the appropriate feedback threads after the outing. If we do not get that feedback the companies will stop sending equipment. They have already told us this will be the case if they don't see more activity from the 2012 outing.

This is not a post I wanted to have to make and I really hope this doesn't come off harsh or mean but I really feel it's important to speak with everyone about this. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I want to thank everyone in advance for your understanding!

Bumping this for the newest page, but also wanted to make a comment... I feel like the Outing is a privilege not only for club testing and playing a great golf course, but for gaining a deeper feeling of community between fellow THP members... I would hate to find out that "X" number of people I will be meeting don't have any intentions of being active forum members, because I am REALLY excited to put faces to a whole lot of names and would hate to think that someone who wanted to go, couldn't, because of this.

I really appreciate this rule actually. Thanks!

You dont have to worry about me reviewing what i hit, thats one of the things im excited about, its really a shame that the OEM's didnt get what they were looking for from the 2011 outing, its hard to imagine really, especially with the amount of time most spend on here. I also like rule about having to be a active member to be able to go, i wouldnt like seeing active members miss out because somebody signed up just to go but then will never post or be active.

Just to be clear GG, we are still ok to bring a non-golfing spouse, correct?

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I hate to have to do this but I need to make a very important announcement about the Outing attendees. We are getting a lot of requests for friends and family members to come to the outing. I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but the THP Golf Outings are strictly for THP members. We have said that it's alright for a significant other to come or someone with small children, and we understand if 1 person brings a relative as their +1 but if you would like additional friends or relatives to come it is imperative that they are ACTIVE forum members. I am highlighting active because they cannot just be people who sign up to get a forum name but then never make a post. The point of the outing is to bring THP members together so that people can finally out faces to the screen names they have been chatting with for so long.

Another VERY important reason for having the attendees of the outing be active forum members is because everyone who comes is responsible for providing their feedback on the demo day equipment in the appropriate feedback threads after the outing. If we do not get that feedback the companies will stop sending equipment. They have already told us this will be the case if they don't see more activity from the 2012 outing.

This is not a post I wanted to have to make and I really hope this doesn't come off harsh or mean but I really feel it's important to speak with everyone about this. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I want to thank everyone in advance for your understanding!

I must remember to take good notes, this old nogging is not the best on memory any more. I know cell phones are not allowed because they have cameras, is it ok to use a voice recorder?

I must remember to take good notes, this old nogging is not the best on memory any more. I know cell phones are not allowed because they have cameras, is it ok to use a voice recorder?

yea just have DawgMomma stand behind ya and listen to your comments and jot down a few notes :D

yea just have DawgMomma stand behind ya and listen to your comments and jot down a few notes :D

You ain't right. :D You know she is a world class shopper and an excellent pool layer outer too. That's where she will be.

Thank goodness. That would have been a bad conversation with the wife.

lol yes it would of, i think they are saying its more of the people that just sign up to go to this then never return to give their thoughts on what they hit, or post at all for that fact.

same here, my semi young noggin isnt very good on remembering things....back to ol pen and paper I suppose!!! I cant wait, was just bragging about this to some friends I was hanging out with tonight!

same here, my semi young noggin isnt very good on remembering things....back to ol pen and paper I suppose!!! I cant wait, was just bragging about this to some friends I was hanging out with tonight!

lol i told some about it and they were just like, ya so whats different than playing out here lol, they just dont get it

This year along with our goody bags was a note pad and pen just for that purpose. GG and JB really do think of everything!

This year along with our goody bags was a note pad and pen just for that purpose. GG and JB really do think of everything!

Thank goodness for the notepad. I don't plan to hit everything (how could you?) but I definitely want notes on what I do hit. Hopefully between now, and then I'll gain some edu-ma-cation, on what I want to pay attention to!

I tried the note pad thing at the 2010 outing and I struggled with it. This past one I brought a small digital voice recorder and found it much easier to put down my thoughts. Just my $0.02 on the subject.

I tried the note pad thing at the 2010 outing and I struggled with it. This past one I brought a small digital voice recorder and found it much easier to put down my thoughts. Just my $0.02 on the subject.

I might feel a little funny talking into a recorder about clubs. Then again, I spend so much time talking to myself, that it may not matter! I'll look into a digital voice recorder.

I might feel a little funny talking into a recorder about clubs. Then again, I spend so much time talking to myself, that it may not matter! I'll look into a digital voice recorder.

I just talked into it as I walked back and forth from the water and ice machine, which that day was quite often...lol

I just talked into it as I walked back and forth from the water and ice machine, which that day was quite often...lol

might not be a bad investment at all

i already have a voice recorder so i might bring that, i think pen and paper will be easier though

I don't know if I would suggest buying a voice recorder just for the outing, I use mine everyday for work so I already had it available.

Tapping my way down the highway

Announcement

I was just informed by GG that we now have 50 golfers officially signed up for the THP Outing.
These are ONLY people that have sent their confirmation numbers to her and are marked on our "official" list.
Only 10 spots remain for the 2012 outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back