2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

X or LS, what ball is most comparable to Srixon Diamond and TP5X as those are my most recent

X or LS, what ball is most comparable to Srixon Diamond and TP5X as those are my most recent
Never played Diamond so I couldn’t tell you there. But for TP5X, I’d say the LS.

LS. I played the current TP5x for a year before the LS replaced it for me. Diamond is a different spin animal.

I played the shamrock CSX-LS again in my last round and loved it. I was hitting really good drives into the wind and love the reliable check and release I see around the greens. It is still checking all the boxes and I'm still not tempted to try anything else. The only problem is that I love the shamrock ones and should have bought more!

1BDEE36E-F06B-4DC0-B862-4F4D7FB8791C.jpeg
Decided to give these a try for 2023 as online ball fitter picked these so bought 2 dozen with my Callaway.com gift card. Loading up for 2023! 😂😂

Nope! Now I have to identify to my ball with a marker! This is BS! 😂
Yours will be well in front of me so should be good 😂 but I can be the designated marker of ball

Every full approach shot from a 9i and less yesterday actually hopped and spun backwards with the Chromesoft X LS.

I felt like a tour pro and then I looked at how far away from the pin I was and thought better of it. It's been a great golf ball this year!

Well I was hoping to get these out on the course yesterday morning, but my round had to be cancelled due to the fog. It was thick and didn't lift until 11. In November sometimes we get delayed due to frost, but never thought it would be fog :(

End of Season Ball Review

This season, I used both the CSX and CSX LS pretty interchangeably. At the end of the year, I finally settled on the LS but could really go either way, truly.

LS was my ball last year but there were a couple things that I would have liked improved going in to this season. First being the clicky-ness of the ball off of irons through putter. 2022 version made it softer. Second thing was the durability of the cover could have been better from the 21 line. 2022 fixed that. So why would I regularly use the X as well?

Because it's a DAMN GOOD ball too. There were some days I felt like I needed more spin around the greens. Check. And that's it. The X does everything else the LS does for me specifically except it helps around the greens more. I don't see more than 2-5 yards loss in distance off the tee and I can work with that easily. The only thing the X doesn't do well is play in the wind. At least for me since I've seen a bunch of comments working the X in the wind just fine. That's a no go for me. X seemed to just have that little bit of hang up off the tee or be moved a little too much by a crosswind.

What ball did I score best with this season? I shot a 75 with both balls which was my best score this year. I was surprisingly consistent with scores with regardless of what ball I used. So even writing this, I have zero doubt that I could use both balls and not miss a beat. I saw better spin towards the end of the year with the LS which is why it ended up as the ball towards the end of the season but that doesn't mean I won't go back to the X at some point. Lunatic Fringe and all...and hey, who knows what Callaway has planned anyway. My choice may change next year again lol

There will never be enough thank yous to Callaway and THP for the opportunity of a lifetime and for continuously giving THPers this chance to do something so completely insane that people don't believe you. I will be forever grateful

Played majority of the year with the CSX for two reasons primarily being the spin around the greens was fantastic and off the driver the ball was oh so long. In a dream world they’d make this ball with a higher trajectory and I’d be set for life. The TT has made my green reading simpler as it’s helped cut down on my second guessing lines on the green. Overall the line provides something for a lot of golfers and can’t wait to see what the future holds for the CS lineup.

Played majority of the year with the CSX for two reasons primarily being the spin around the greens was fantastic and off the driver the ball was oh so long. In a dream world they’d make this ball with a higher trajectory and I’d be set for life. The TT has made my green reading simpler as it’s helped cut down on my second guessing lines on the green. Overall the line provides something for a lot of golfers and can’t wait to see what the future holds for the CS lineup.
Yep, loving the TT so far too. Not only for green reading, but I find I even align the center of the putter face better using TT.

Went to a wood fitting at PXG on Friday and brought with me a sleeve of 2022 USA CS Truvis with me to test with.
Told the fitter that I had a lot of success during the season with the ball and while I stayed away from Chrome Soft in the past, I was quite please with 2022 version.
After about 45 minutes in the fitting, I asked what he thought of my ball choice.
His comment was "I love the ball for you, looks like you get some nice spin with it"
So, this stays in the bag for 2023.
I guess it would be too much for @JasonFinleyCG not to bring out a 2023 version before I use up what I have....

Guy tried to to tell me that the ball I've been shouting about for almost a full year now is 'decent around the green but just doesn't quite spin enough off wedge shots into them'. I felt the need to set him straight with a quick quad test.

Screenshot_20221117-163427_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:
Going to try to do some periodic reminder data sessions with them as the new balls come out. Put a mid iron between LS, V1, and RB Tour on my list.

Guy tried to to tell me that the ball I've been shouting about for almost a full year now is 'decent around the green but just doesn't quite spin enough off wedge shots into them'. I felt the need to set him straight with a quick quad test.

View attachment 9136060
Man I wish I could put spin like that on a wedge, regardless of ball :LOL:

Back