What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 96 (49/46) with 2 lost balls. This is my lowest score so far and have only broken 100 one other time. Also had 4 pars today.

Congrats on the new low score! Feels great doesn't it?

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Played 34 holes today (had to leave the first round after 16 to make the second round with the fam).

First round I didn't play good on the front side. Picked it up quite a bit on the back but had to leave early. 45 front (ugly), on track for a 41 on the back.

Second round was much better. I was hitting the ball way better. I shot 79 (41/38), par 73. I bogeyed the last hoke to shoot 1 over on the back. Always nice playing with my dad and brothers.

75 with an eagle and three birds, all on the back nine.

Shot a 96 (49/46) with 2 lost balls. This is my lowest score so far and have only broken 100 one other time. Also had 4 pars today.

Great job! Did you actually shoot a 95 though?

Shot 73 yesterday. Missed a 5 ft "kick in" birdie on 18. had 5 birdies and lost $10.00 lol

Some great score's coming in, congrats bdog01 on a new best score.

Yesterday was a solid day for most of my rounds. Played 27 holes and it was sweltering out there, but got my personal best round of the year, 79. Started out with a 1 over 37 on the front nine with 6 of 7 FWIR and only 4 GIR, 14 putts. Things got a bit tougher on the back at 6 over for a 42. Only 4 FWIR, (many were just off the edge), and 5 GIR, but putting got me with 17. Over all I was pleased with my game, though I left a bunch of putts on the back nine that could have really made for a low score.

It was a great day out with good friends and we won't even talk about the last 9, lol. By then we were just having crazy fun and going for shots we had no business even trying, lol.

Got to shot nothing.... Rain :disapointed:

Ok, I was able to sneak off fairly early this morning. Played at one of my favorite courses around here, Broadmoor Golf Links. Forum member One-t and thainer have played there, so they'll tell you that it is a golf course that's much more about putting the golf ball in the right spot as opposed to banging. That being said, from the Blue tees (one up from the tips) it's still a long golf course.

I was only able to get 9 holes in as inclement weather rolled in on me. I was pretty bummed out about it b/c I had my best score on 9 holes ever today! I shot a 4 under, 32! I still can't believe it. I drove so fast coming home b/c I was excited to put it on the forum, hahaha. Finally, everything clicked for me. I am starting to convert putts, it's something I've been working very hard on and my hard work is finally paying off. I had a break through with the putter, but it's something that I prefer keeping to myself. It helped birdie'ing both of the Par 3's for sure, as I would gladly walk of the front 9 there with pars on both of those holes. I stuffed on in tight with a 7 iron on #2 from 174, it was about a 2 foot birdie putt, and I left myself below the hole on the Par 3 5th so I had a relatively easy uphill 10 footer. I only managed to birdie one of the Par 5's, both of which are true 3 shot par 5's and I was able to birdie #9, which can only be done by hitting a really good drive.

The RXT's are the real deal for me. I can't believe how much more accurate I am with them. I've developed a bit of a strategy with them, again, don't want to share that either, but I believe it's paying off.

Anyway:

Score: 32
fwys: 5/7
girs: 8/9
putts: 13
birdies: 4
pars: 5
others: 0 - woot woot!

I'm on cloud 9 right now. I hope this wasn't a fluke. Truth be told, the rain may have been a blessing b/c I know I would've been playing "protect" golf on the back 9, haha.

Holy Jeebus man thats incredible!!!!! Man those are some great numbers I don't care who you are, -4 is silly. Love that you are keeping all the info to yourself too dude thats great. Congrats again man.

Congrats TC!!! That's a sick 9 holes. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas, as a reward, now I get to cut grass and paint the Master bedroom!

Thanks fellas, as a reward, now I get to cut grass and paint the Master bedroom!

Yes!!! Now thats a reward! I also get to cut the grass and finish building too gates on the sides of the house! Thats just team Hackers being real men.

Wow TC nice round buddy. Only thing I'd be pissed about is that you weren't able to finish 18!! That is insane dude!

Incredible round TC! So happy for you!!

... The RXT's are the real deal for me. I can't believe how much more accurate I am with them. I've developed a bit of a strategy with them, again, don't want to share that either, but I believe it's paying off.

Anyway:

Score: 32
fwys: 5/7
girs: 8/9
putts: 13
birdies: 4
pars: 5
others: 0 - woot woot!

I'm on cloud 9 right now. I hope this wasn't a fluke. Truth be told, the rain may have been a blessing b/c I know I would've been playing "protect" golf on the back 9, haha.

Great playing. But this compliment is coming from a 4 handicapper that can only hit about half his iron shots decently these days, so here's hoping if there is a strategy out there that works, it will be shared. Surely disclosing it won't make its effectiveness evaporate .

Or will it - ya never know what will make the magic disappear. Once when I was struggling with my Ping putter, I pulled it out and stuck TOM SKIPPER in my bag (Tom is a wooden shafted model probably dating back to the 30s, probably of Northwestern quality, that usually hangs on my golf room wall). The move was just for a radically different feel, but lo and behold I started sinking wads of putts with it. After 5 or 6 rounds of wearing out my gang with it, one day after I made a 12 foot par saver my 'buddy' says "I don't know how you putt with that thing - the shaft flexes SO MUCH..." Well sure enough I didn't make a thing after that, too aware of trying to feel that flex. Like I said, ya never know what will make that magic disappear.

Great playing. But this compliment is coming from a 4 handicapper that can only hit about half his iron shots decently these days, so here's hoping if there is a strategy out there that works, it will be shared. Surely disclosing it won't make its effectiveness evaporate

Oh man, now I feel like I have to tell ya. We all say it, but I find that most rarely practice it, and that's aiming at and hitting to the middle of the green. I've become very conscious of the yardage of the front and back of the green, not even caring about the middle, then literally pulling a club that can't go too long, and can't come up to short. I'm trying to completely ignore the flag & pin placement and have noticed that my proximity to the hole is just getting better and better. So, that's it. I'm literally trying to simplify things in my mind. As opposed to focusing on one number, I'm focusing on a club that I can hit between two numbers. It really is helping.

OMG - so simple but so wise! And u r right - I almost never practice it!

If you go back a page or two and see my post on Saturday's play, you will see I mention I played the par 3's well. Guess what? On all four of them I purposely took a club with the distance nearest green center and aimed at the middle instead of at the various pins. And I hit all 4 of them pretty much dead center and made 4 easy pars - and on the longest one I got the greenie in our 12 man gaggle worth a coupla bucks. I swear next week I am gonna take this approach to every approach shot and see if my iron work improves. Thanks for sharing!

Played Grand Cypress North South today and was hitting the ball really well. 38 on the front with no birdies. 7 pars and 2 bogeys. Back nine kicked it into gear with a 35 to finish +1 with a 73. First below par round at that course and can't imagine playing any better. It was just one of those days....

I do have to say, that freaking course is hard! If you hit it to the wrong spot, it just eats your lunch. My 2 playing partners today had not played it before and both are single digits that were right around 90. Greens were rolling great too.

OMG - so simple but so wise! And u r right - I almost never practice it!

If you go back a page or two and see my post on Saturday's play, you will see I mention I played the par 3's well. Guess what? On all four of them I purposely took a club with the distance nearest green center and aimed at the middle instead of at the various pins. And I hit all 4 of them pretty much dead center and made 4 easy pars - and on the longest one I got the greenie in our 12 man gaggle worth a coupla bucks. I swear next week I am gonna take this approach to every approach shot and see if my iron work improves. Thanks for sharing!

No worries Sam! Keep me posted buddy, just don't tell any of those freaky Paradisian's my secret.

Played Grand Cypress North South today and was hitting the ball really well. 38 on the front with no birdies. 7 pars and 2 bogeys. Back nine kicked it into gear with a 35 to finish +1 with a 73. First below par round at that course and can't imagine playing any better. It was just one of those days....

I do have to say, that freaking course is hard! If you hit it to the wrong spot, it just eats your lunch. My 2 playing partners today had not played it before and both are single digits that were right around 90. Greens were rolling great too.

oh snap! Way to go dude, that's solid. Especially on that course I'm sure. Good job.

Oh man, now I feel like I have to tell ya. We all say it, but I find that most rarely practice it, and that's aiming at and hitting to the middle of the green. I've become very conscious of the yardage of the front and back of the green, not even caring about the middle, then literally pulling a club that can't go too long, and can't come up to short. I'm trying to completely ignore the flag & pin placement and have noticed that my proximity to the hole is just getting better and better. So, that's it. I'm literally trying to simplify things in my mind. As opposed to focusing on one number, I'm focusing on a club that I can hit between two numbers. It really is helping.

That's what I've started doing too, and it definitely helps lower your scores.

Just one of those days. Shot an 85 but I shot way better than the scorecard. I was hitting fairways and just messing up the easiest approach shots but the good thing was that the putter kept me in it. Overall just good to get out with good weather around

Nice shootin TC and JB!

Got beat up by TPC Deere Run today, where the John Deere Classic will be played in 2 weeks. My driving and irons were great, however my short game was in shambles. The rough was LONG and chippping/pitching from a fairway that actually gives way wreaked havoc on my game. Really excited about how I am striking the ball though.

Final Score: 88

Shot a 90 today. Not too happy. For 2 straight rounds I have been +10 through 5 holes. Handicap has gone up again and is the highest it's been in over a year. Sand traps kicked by butt today. They were wet and hard and I couldn't hit a shot if I tried !,000 times. Just a bad day! Going to take a few off and regroup.

Yesterday had 25 points without hitting a green in reg and putting great. Today I had 39 points, gross 79 and putted pretty average, one 3 putt and only two birdies. My play from 60 yards and in was very average too, I took 4 shots from that distance twice in the last 4 holes! And a bogey bogey finish doesn't really sit well considering I finished par par on the same course yesterday while playing much worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back