2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

My Stealth's face started to discolor. It might be from using colored (green) balls combined with carbon face. Staining won't come off, anyone else have that problem?

My Stealth's face started to discolor. It might be from using colored (green) balls combined with carbon face. Staining won't come off, anyone else have that problem?
Nope. Mine is holding up every bit as well as any titanium face I have ever owned.

Tenputt, do you use green balls? If so what brand.
By green, I am inferring you mean what I would call fluorescent yellow. I try to hit them whenever I can, but supply chain issues have caused some of them to be scarce. I have hit them for probably 80% of my rounds this year. I have been playing Pro Vs and Chromesoft X mostly. Early in the year, I was playing Srixon Z Star XVs.

By green, I am inferring you mean what I would call fluorescent yellow. I try to hit them whenever I can, but supply chain issues have caused some of them to be scarce. I have hit them for probably 80% of my rounds this year. I have been playing Pro Vs and Chromesoft X mostly. Early in the year, I was playing Srixon Z Star XVs.

No, I said green. :) They are a high vis. Maybe I should try yellow though?? I have used red and don't think that was an issue.

No, I said green. :) They are a high vis. Maybe I should try yellow though?? I have used red and don't think that was an issue.
Ha ha. That’s why I am clarifying. I have heard some people refer to the yellow balls as “green,” because they have sort of a neon tint, sometimes. No, I have never played a green ball. I don’t know that I have ever seen one out in the wild.

Ha ha. That’s why I am clarifying. I have heard some people refer to the yellow balls as “green,” because they have sort of a neon tint, sometimes. No, I have never played a green ball. I don’t know that I have ever seen one out in the wild.

The person I play the most golf with calls yellow balls green. It blows my mind because they are clearly yellow! 🤣

I was not swinging well at all on Saturday and was really shocked by the amount of distance I still got out of the Stealth Plus on a couple of pretty extreme heel strikes.

I was not swinging well at all on Saturday and was really shocked by the amount of distance I still got out of the Stealth Plus on a couple of pretty extreme heel strikes.
This^. All of this, all the time. I've been continually shocked how long this club has still been for me as my body has fallen apart and I've put less speed into it. And I've raved about that heel miss for months and months. It is seriously impressive how good end results are on that.

The person I play the most golf with calls yellow balls green. It blows my mind because they are clearly yellow! 🤣
I see them as bright green as well.

Any idea on when we will get word on the next iteration of the Stealth? I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on the blacked out version, but if there's going to be a new and improved one coming out in 2 months I'd be better off waiting I guess.

Any idea on when we will get word on the next iteration of the Stealth? I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on the blacked out version, but if there's going to be a new and improved one coming out in 2 months I'd be better off waiting I guess.
Lips have been a little zipped on that, and they just did the blackout. There's also been some retail on sale prices advertised this week too though, which usually means new is coming.

Lips have been a little zipped on that, and they just did the blackout. There's also been some retail on sale prices advertised this week too though, which usually means new is coming.
Do you think the Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 would be a noticeable upgrade over the Hazardous stock shaft? I don't really mind paying the extra amount if I'm getting more than just a different color option.

Do you think the Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 would be a noticeable upgrade over the Hazardous stock shaft? I don't really mind paying the extra amount if I'm getting more than just a different color option.
I think it depends on you. The IZ is a premium upgrade no doubt. But, I think they're two completely different profiles.

I couldn’t resist. Placed the order for the blackout stealth plus with the Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6. It was just to sexy. Lol

I’ve also had problems getting my drives high enough, and checked my current shaft and it’s description calls it a low-launch shaft. So that might be part of the reason. The AD is described as a high launch. So I imagine that would help my game tremendously I hope!

So, my Stealth Plus must have heard some rumors of a TSR3 coming my way because it absolutely put on a display today in what will likely be my last round of the season.

I was shaping it and felt just in complete control of the ball. Drove a green from 360 yards out. On the back 9 the wind went from 10mph to a steady 20+. Didn’t seem to matter. Was still hitting my shapes and launch windows. The nice thing about the wind was the last hole had a little bit of help coming from behind and the left. Just had to hit a little draw to get the ball up and riding the breeze. The Stealth Plus ended the season with a bang (the wind gets a little credit on this one haha).

1666582442767.jpeg

I am VERY interested in seeing what Taylormade does to follow this club up. I’ve not had a club that seems to just be as optimal for me as this one is.

@radiman the Stealth plus is going to be a tough act to follow.
I'm gaming the 9.0 turned up one notch. The control I have is far better than any other driver I've hit. And I had 6 current drivers for extended trials this year.
Stealth always came out on top.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Big and steady day with this thing. It just keeps performing and refuses to go on the shelf. Think my shortest drive was my first one week I wasn't even loose. 307, all carry, into the breeze. Best birthday present I've maybe ever got.

Big and steady day with this thing. It just keeps performing and refuses to go on the shelf. Think my shortest drive was my first one week I wasn't even loose. 307, all carry, into the breeze. Best birthday present I've maybe ever got.

Love that sound, 307 carry? Yikes!

Lovin my Stealth Plus/ Motore F1…picked up 5 mph in ball speed over my Ping G400max which is still an awesome driver.

This is what I wanted to hear! I have a G400 (not max) and I am looking at the 2022 Stealth 10.5 degree with regular flex. May I ask what your Swing Speed is? I am around 93. I finally turned my Ping back up to neutral 10.5 so I am hoping I can get MORE distance. Currently over my last 5 rounds I am average 226 from the tee. What I would do for 235 LOL. First thing to do is turn the dang thing back to 10.5 LOL. Then if that doesn't help much, Stealth here I come. I already own the 5 wood and love it.

Last edited:
This is what I wanted to hear! I have a G400 (not max) and I am looking at the 2022 Stealth 10.5 degree with regular flex. May I ask what your Swing Speed is? I am around 93. I finally turned my Ping back up to neutral 10.5 so I am hoping I can get MORE distance. Currently over my last 5 rounds I am average 226 from the tee. What I would do for 235 LOL. First thing to do is turn the dang thing back to 10.5 LOL. Then if that doesn't help much, Stealth here I come. I already own the 5 wood and love it.
My swing speed is 105ish but I like to look at ball speed. My G400max was 148 and the Stealth Plus is 153 and that’s at the same 10.5 degree loft.
The Ping is a great driver but enough time has elapsed that the newer technology makes a difference.

Back