I Hate to Brag....

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
But I am going to.

Most of you know I am a high school student attempting to obtain college scholarships. Today, I took a HUGE step towards that end. Today I got my ACT results for my last test. For those that do not know, the ACT is similar to the SAT in that it allows you to qualify for college entrance. It is scored on a scale of 1 to 36, with 36 being perfect, a score that is seen by less than a tenth of a percent of students.

I pulled off a 33. This puts me in the 99th percentile. More importantly (to me, though my priorities are a little goofy,) that also gives me the highest score my school has ever had, and I think, possibly, the highest in my county as well.

English- 35
Math- 27
Reading- 34
Science- 36 (Perfect score, can I get a w00t-w00t.)

Last edited:
Congrats Jacob!! That should go a long way towards getting you the scholarships you need!

Nice going Jacob! keep up the good work, you´re doing great.

Congrats!

Tappin' for world peace!

With those scores, trust me, let other people brag for you! Great job and keep aiming for that scholie.

Awesome results Jacob, well done. This isn't bragging, just testament to your hard work.

Congrats man - I know a ton of hard work went into that. Good job!

Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment!

Well done young man! Set your goals high for college. With those scores, the possibilities are endless for your college career. Keep up the hard work.

Very very impressive, congratulations JR, I know you will do well in the future and keep us posted on your academic progress.

Awesome job JR! Keep us updated on your college search and progress in your senior year.

Congratulations Jacob...that is a great score. I believe some colleges not only look at your best overall score, but your best combination of subject scores. Therefore, study up on the math section and take it again and see if you can get that score up toward the rest of the subjects. Every point improvement helps you climb up the admission list for whatever school you're looking at.

33 is a terrific score though and should definitely get you in the discussion for serious scholarship money.

Wow that is absolutely fantastic! Great job Jacob!

Congrats on your achievement! Do you not take the SAT in Alabama? I'm curious here. I never once took the ACT. Hopefully this goes a long way in securing your scholarship. Make your parents buy you something cool now.

Congrats on your achievement! Do you not take the SAT in Alabama? I'm curious here. I never once took the ACT. Hopefully this goes a long way in securing your scholarship. Make your parents buy you something cool now.

Most of the country has stopped using the SAT I believe. I think it's mainly an Eastern thing now.

Anway congrats Jacob that is awesome my friend!

Most of the country has stopped using the SAT I believe. I think it's mainly an Eastern thing now.

Anway congrats Jacob that is awesome my friend!

No kidding? I never knew that. I never even took the ACT. I can imagine that 33/36 is a wonderful achievement. It will be amazing how many Universities doors will open up to Jacob.

JR - Congratulations. I remember putting in enough effort to get a good enough score to get into the school I wanted to go to. I managed to get a 24 in the math section, without a calculator (I forgot to bring it). Be proud of your score. It's an achievement.

Here is my advice to you - Enjoy this time of your life. This time, when the ACT is the biggest thing going. You are still a young man. Enjoy being young. Because once you start to grow up, you grow up fast. Mortgages, babies, hospital bills, and a career will make you feel really old really quick. All of those things are wonderful, but none of them are as easy as ACT. Enjoy your 33. Enjoy looking for and going to college. Take time to appreciate how fun this part of your life is.

Good job Jacob. It's not bragging thats quite an achievement for your act.

Nice job dude. Lots of hard work went into that and I'm glad it paid off for you. Time to start sending in some scholarship apps :)

Great Job Jacob!!!! Congratulations.

Great job Jacob! I'm sure your parents are proud

Great results Jacob!!! Best of luck with the scholarships and getting into a great college!!!

Hey Jacob might I suggest Duke University. A fine institution. I don't suggest it in hopes of getting free tickets to basketball games or anything

Great job JR. Im sure your parents are proud. Youre playing more golf nowadays, its good for the mind!

JR - Congratulations. I remember putting in enough effort to get a good enough score to get into the school I wanted to go to. I managed to get a 24 in the math section, without a calculator (I forgot to bring it). Be proud of your score. It's an achievement.

Here is my advice to you - Enjoy this time of your life. This time, when the ACT is the biggest thing going. You are still a young man. Enjoy being young. Because once you start to grow up, you grow up fast. Mortgages, babies, hospital bills, and a career will make you feel really old really quick. All of those things are wonderful, but none of them are as easy as ACT. Enjoy your 33. Enjoy looking for and going to college. Take time to appreciate how fun this part of your life is.

WTF are those?

Hey Jacob might I suggest Duke University. A fine institution. I don't suggest it in hopes of getting free tickets to basketball games or anything

So he can be in the student section when they don't make it out of the Sweet 16?

Back