The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave for a few hours to go to my sisters birthday party, and this thread has some great info come into it. I love that TaylorMade and Callaway are so involved in the event, and reading all our silly posts. I'd love to get my hands on their notes about me, as I'm sure the rest would. Mine probably just says "Left handed Canadian, how did we let him get into this?"

I think their notes say "Canadians use weird looking saw keys, and have adorable kids"

You guys are having WAY too much fun!! All I can say is there had better be a second annual Morgan Cup so I can get in on this!

this is unreal. i cant believe how close TaylorMade and Callaway are to this, actually embracing it. It is so very cool that they take an interest.

Since they are reading these I have to say thank you for the most awesome experience of my life. i have never been a part of anything so celebrated. The build up is intense, the competition will be insane, the event is going to rock, and when i walk off the 18th hole sunday, it will go down as one of my most cherished rounds of golf ever.

thank you sincerely for the opportunity of a lifetime TMaG and Cally. And THP - you're amazing.

Off to warmup - 18 at Kinsale, then 18 at Glenross.

Ive always wanted to play here - and I met the Club Manager last week. We were talking about golf, and the Morgan Cup came up. He said you should come play my club. I said i will!!
http://www.golfkinsale.com/Course_Tour-180.html
heard really good things about This course.

then im meeting some buddies at another newer course, i havent had the chance to play yet but its supposed to be a decent one.

Play well CG.

I'm off to Tiburon where the Shark Shootout is held.

Can't wait for you guys to see the pairings match-ups!

Play well CG.

I'm off to Tiburon where the Shark Shootout is held.

Can't wait for you guys to see the pairings match-ups!

Yea match ups are going to light up these boards.

Love the matchups- coolbreeze and I are bringing the team home. Gonna lay the smackdown.

Love the matchups- coolbreeze and I are bringing the team home. Gonna lay the smackdown.

I picked up two things on my way to work this morning to get ready for a match against you CG.

since we will be playing in the morning I will need this to stay awake on the first tee as you fidget your way to hitting your shot
Spoiler
dunkin-donuts-coffee-2.jpg

and this to keep in my Callaway staff bag for a mid round treat
Spoiler
red-bull.jpg

I'm looking forward to that match. I think it could be a good one.

Dean is you are going to be waiting on CG's figeting in the morning you are going to need a bigger cup of coffee than that... something like this perhaps.

Spoiler
mcdonalds-coffee-cup.jpg

Since it rained like crazy on Saturday I didn't get out to play. However I did get out on Sunday for a best ball match(with a little on the line to make it interesting). We got off to a good start and went 2 up after 4. However at that point my partner decided he need to get a case of the shanks. He ended up shooting a 58 on the front nine when normally he is a low 40's kind of guy for 9 holes. It turned in to 2 on 1 for a good portion of the match and one of their guys got hot. He went birdie, birdie, par, birdie and just like that we went from 2 up to 2 down. We ended up 4 down at one point and battled back to get it 1 down with 2 to play. It was a great match play situation on the 17th green. Par 5 and they had about a 35 foot putt from the fringe. I was about 20 feet away with a not so easy putt. Sure enough this guy steps up and drains the putt. I failed on my attempt as the ball just slid across the front of the hole. 2 down match over. It was good match, I didn't have my A game and my partner went brain dead. I ended up shooting an 86 and he shot a 107. They had someone get get hot at the right time and that turned the match in their favor. My short game was very hot and cold yesterday and my tee game was disappointing.

I believe we will hear from our Tour Rep today regarding some information for Media Day

Loving all the first round matchups. I think each match has the potential to go the distance!

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway

Battle of the brothers! I also like the OEM v. P4B angle of this match as well.

Ryan Belbin & John Biggs vs Jarrod Krug & Andrew Aurand

I'm particularly interested in this match for obvious reasons. I've played lots of golf with biggsy and from the outing I know belbin can play as well. I have a feeling there will be some really long tee shots in this group. Really looking forward to this battle.

Kevin Dunn & Marc Gradillas vs Donne Willingham & Ryan Staples

Who can grind out the win here? My vote goes to Team Hackers!

Dean DeCrescenzo & Amol Yajnik vs Matthew Buemi & Ben Kember

This group includes the early trash talk leaders (after the matchups were posted) with cg and ddec...I have a feeling the trash talk will carry over onto the course.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO THP, CALLAWAY, TAYLORMADE AND REUNION RESORT FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE. 53 DAYS AND COUNTING!

I believe we will hear from our Tour Rep today regarding some information for Media Day

I think you're right. With each announcement comes more excitement/anticipation. I can't believe that this is already less than 2 months away (53 days!)!

They said awesome videos.

Yes each company will have a media representative at the event for media day preparation. Just like a regular tour event.

That is awesome, and that they have been following closely enough to have thoughts and notes on each team member...WOW!

By the way JB, any chance the OEM's put out a press book on each of their teams. I would love to read their bio's based on what the OEM's have gotten from their posts.

I just have to say that reading through this thread has made me appreciate so much all the cool things this forum provides. You guys are giving these THP members the experience of a lifetime and I think that is just awesome!

Thanks THP for being such an awesome forum

By the way JB, any chance the OEM's put out a press book on each of their teams. I would love to read their bio's based on what the OEM's have gotten from their posts.

In all honesty, its not likely.

Man, I am trying to catch up from the some of the stuff I missed and I am blown away by the companies knowing so much about us. I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Or maybe not lol. Nah, I'd love it. I think that is so cool.

Man, I am trying to catch up from the some of the stuff I missed and I am blown away by the companies knowing so much about us. I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Or maybe not lol. Nah, I'd love it. I think that is so cool.
Something like this I'm sure..... @marcawesome is well....awesome. He drag putts like nobody in the history of the game and can work the ball on command, any and all directions. Mar(c)kawesome these words....he's awesome.

Is anyone else having issues posting to Callaway Golf's Facebook page? I think they disabled wall posts.

Yes, I've been having the same trouble. I've just been tagging them with the "@CallawayGolf" tag. Works just like Twitter.

Is anyone else having issues posting to Callaway Golf's Facebook page? I think they disabled wall posts.

Yes, I've been having the same trouble. I've just been tagging them with the "@CallawayGolf" tag. Works just like Twitter.

Same here

just tap it in!

OH MY GOD, Hairy Dolphin with his first video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back