Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I'm thinking that if you don't like the production Mashie (too light, offset) you should consider other hybrids rather than choose the tour model right away.

By the way I love the production Mashies! Great feel, sound, looks, and they perform.

I'm thinking that if you don't like the production Mashie (too light, offset) you should consider other hybrids rather than choose the tour model right away.

By the way I love the production Mashies! Great feel, sound, looks, and they perform.

Please explain. I don't know why you feel this way. The Tour model is a great hybrid that has the best hybrid shaft out there IMO. I like the heavier version better than the light one.

I also must disagree. I've tried a lot of different drivers, fairway woods, and hybrids this season. I can't think of a single one that worked as well for me with the stock, standard shaft as with one of the other shaft options available. That's the whole point of testing and fitting: to find the combination of head and shaft that works best for you. Tour versions or heavier shafts are a normal part of that process.

I don't follow.

As long as your testing other better player hybrids (i.e. Titleist, Nike, Adams, TaylorMade, etc.) as well then I don't take any issue with a player choosing the Tour Mashie.

As long as your testing other better player hybrids (i.e. Titleist, Nike, Adams, TaylorMade, etc.) as well then I don't take any issue with a player choosing the Tour Mashie.

You would have issue if somebody just wanted the Tour Mashie?

Had a really good range session with my M2 the other day, definitely a great hybrid.

Maaaaaaaan. What a weekend with the M3! I should've used the M1 more off the tee because my driver cost me on the back 9.

I had 201 to the pin and 190 carry over the water. The green was slightly elevated. From where my tee shot put me, I had that as my only option. Any miss right and I was toast, anything short and I was toast. Even the left wasnt smart because of the bunkers.

Nuked another M3 for a GIR much like my pin hunting shot.It hit the green and kicked left. Rolled to about 10 feet above the pin. I haven't ever felt so confident in my approach shots with Mashies or irons. was a good day for that. However, I continue to draw the ball a lot with my M1. Ineed to work on ball placement :)

You would have issue if somebody just wanted the Tour Mashie?

Nothing wrong with simply wanting the Tour Mashie but you can't say it's the best better-player hybrid if you don't test other clubs.

Nothing wrong with simply wanting the Tour Mashie but you can't say it's the best better-player hybrid if you don't test other clubs.

I can based on the shaft to cost ratio.
Any other hybrid with a shaft even close to the same level specs wise costs more.

I agree with you. I just don't have any issue with somebody wanting the Tour Mashie and nothing else. I can't say if it's the best player's hybrid on the market, but I can say it's really, really good.

I can based on the shaft to cost ratio.
Any other hybrid with a shaft even close to the same level specs wise costs more.

I am with JB on this one. At the demo day I hit just about every hybrid out there. I played a couple of my rounds with the better players hybrids and nothing performed as well or better than the regular Mashie did for me, until I found a Tour Mashie and hit it. For me this shaft is just perfect and then when you do the cost analysis it made this club a no brainer for me.

this and tee height are the keys to successful Mashie shots imo

Maaaaaaaan. What a weekend with the M3! I should've used the M1 more off the tee because my driver cost me on the back 9.

I had 201 to the pin and 190 carry over the water. The green was slightly elevated. From where my tee shot put me, I had that as my only option. Any miss right and I was toast, anything short and I was toast. Even the left wasnt smart because of the bunkers.

Nuked another M3 for a GIR much like my pin hunting shot.It hit the green and kicked left. Rolled to about 10 feet above the pin. I haven't ever felt so confident in my approach shots with Mashies or irons. was a good day for that. However, I continue to draw the ball a lot with my M1. Ineed to work on ball placement :)

Maybe just let the natural daw on the Mashie do that for you?

Yessir! I was making great contact just couldnt aim to play my draw at all.

Yeah man. I've developed one on all my shots pretty much. The irons its less pronounced but I just need to play it. It's like I'm fighting it for some reason.

Maybe just let the natural daw on the Mashie do that for you?

Yeah man. I've developed one on all my shots pretty much. The irons its less pronounced but I just need to play it. It's like I'm fighting it for some reason.

Just go with it. I am experiencing the exact opposite thing with my fade. Some reason I can't just accept that I am a paltry fade player now. Except that I score so much better when I play a fade.

i hit my M3 well for the first time on the range today. I split time between my new Heavy Driver and the M3. I finally was hitting down on the ball enough, so the mashie was flying high and straight. now i know why it gets all the praise here phenomenal. one more range session like that and its in the bag.

I have never hit so many shots with my M3 from the deck as I did in yesterday's round. Beat one was from 237 into the wind. Didn't think I could reach the green but I was left with a 20ft birdie putt.

I had been mainly using it from the tee but after yesterday's round that is going to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

I have never hit so many shots with my M3 from the deck as I did in yesterday's round. Beat one was from 237 into the wind. Didn't think I could reach the green but I was left with a 20ft birdie putt.

I had been mainly using it from the tee but after yesterday's round that is going to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

glad to hear, sounds like you found a winner!

Here's something you might want to try out on your next round. When teeing off with a hybrid (e.g. Mashie) or iron, don't use a tee.

Rationale: If you don't use a tee when you practice with a particular club why get out of the routine on the golf course? Using a tee (if you're not used to it) creates all kinds of problems.

Save the tees for your driver and see if you shoot a better score.

Here's something you might want to try out on your next round. When teeing off with a hybrid (e.g. Mashie) or iron, don't use a tee.

Rationale: If you don't use a tee when you practice with a particular club why get out of the routine on the golf course? Using a tee (if you're not used to it) creates all kinds of problems.

I practice with my M3 from a tee and the ground, in fact I do this with all my clubs

I would have to respectfully disagree. You're only aloud to use a tee on 18 shots during a round of golf and I say use them to give yourself a near perfect lie. Of course to me, a near perfect lie doesn't mean I tee my 3 wood or irons up like a driver. In fact, with the three wood and irons, I only need broken tees as it's not much higher than no tee.

But the same way you'd like your ball in the fairway to be sitting up nicely on a nice spot of grass, I say use tees on the tee box to give yourself a near perfect lie.

I hit the M3 well again today at the range. It's been promoted to the big leagues and will bump my Nike out of the bag for my next round.

Wow that sounds like some legendary ball striking sir!

Back