2022 Mizuno ST Series Drivers and Metal Woods

What additional thoughts do you have if you were able to get on the weekend?
Where to start - honestly I am reallyh pissed off. The club goes where you aim it. I have not had an snap hooks - NONE, and I have had a couple leaks right - not slices - sort of more like a lazy swing. Yet the club seems to minimize the damage. Now, surely some of this is the shaft - which frankly is probably too stout for me - however I still get the distances I was getting before - though there is often more roll out - lower ball flight. I am sold. I cannot see this club going anywhere (kiss of death maybe HA). I cannot recommend it highly enough.

And there is the problem when I was fit, I tried this club and nothing but snap hooks - gave me the club with one shaft and that was it, I had (maybe) a bad swing that day - who knows, but with the right shaft - this thing is a beast - plain and simple.

Add in the lower cost - and it's a no brainer for anyone looking to fix a ball flight that goes left or right.

Where to start - honestly I am reallyh pissed off. The club goes where you aim it. I have not had an snap hooks - NONE, and I have had a couple leaks right - not slices - sort of more like a lazy swing. Yet the club seems to minimize the damage. Now, surely some of this is the shaft - which frankly is probably too stout for me - however I still get the distances I was getting before - though there is often more roll out - lower ball flight. I am sold. I cannot see this club going anywhere (kiss of death maybe HA). I cannot recommend it highly enough.

And there is the problem when I was fit, I tried this club and nothing but snap hooks - gave me the club with one shaft and that was it, I had (maybe) a bad swing that day - who knows, but with the right shaft - this thing is a beast - plain and simple.

Add in the lower cost - and it's a no brainer for anyone looking to fix a ball flight that goes left or right.
So that I understand - I see by your signature that you had the Rogue Max in you bag at one point.
Was it this driver that gave you the Snap Hooks or what is about this driver you like over the Rogue?

So that I understand - I see by your signature that you had the Rogue Max in you bag at one point.
Was it this driver that gave you the Snap Hooks or what is about this driver you like over the Rogue?
I like the rogue as well. I again had too light a shaft and fought the snap hooks anytime I got tired. I'm finding the mizuno slightly easier, for me. But I really like the deep face as well.

I could go back to the rogue, just need to get the shaft right. The mizuno had a deeper face and looks smaller, even though it's not.

Wish I could give you a better reply. Oh, I also tee higher with the mizuno.

Happy to try and discuss if you have other questions, or can draw a better description of me.

Edit: need to fix bb16 the signature 🤪

Ok, got a bit of an unplanned/surprise round of golf in yesterday - did not expect to be back home early enough to play then my wife said go, and my kid elected to play as well - never turn down those moments! The ST-Z 220, mind you I have not swung a club in over 2 weeks, was lights out. I am teeing it up much higher - and a couple times a bit lower - into the wind.

Missed a couple fairways - but mere feet, a few drives were not as long as I had thought - and of course a few longer than expected, but no balls out of play - none, no penalties, not weird lies, no deep grass, no slices, no hooks, no nothing, just consistent play. I really want to see what @Vosh68 did to the 230!

I think (until the last 8 holes (where iron/fairway play clicked as well), driving was the most consistent part of yesterday's game. The back 9 (8 actually) were spectacular with both tee and fairway golf cruising - INTOXICATING.

Well, I did something this week and picked up a STZ with an AD-DI. Got it for a heck of a deal. I've been fighting a miss left and wanted to try something different and got interested in the Mizuno drivers after hitting a friend's, who had the previous model. I tried the STZ and STX with the AD-DI in both and hit the STZ was the winner. Overall, it was more consistent and the left miss was less penalizing.

Here's an odd - to me - thing. I offered to let a playing partner try it, he had been all over the course with his driver - but long. He sliced the crap out of it - it was amazing how far right it went. 17th tee - so maybe tired, not sure, but I think he was trying to overpower the club. Thing is, I try to overpower it, I tend to snap hook - and I can't do that (at this time) with this club.

Do any of you guys have the STZ fairways? My beloved M6 5 wood met with an untimely demise in a closing tailgate. The only fitter I really like is gone till March.....

Do any of you guys have the STZ fairways? My beloved M6 5 wood met with an untimely demise in a closing tailgate. The only fitter I really like is gone till March.....

I have the ST-Z. I would highly recommend it to pretty much any mid to low hcpr's. Played Titleist fairways almost exclusively before this. It's very solid, sounds and feels very much like the ST driver's. It takes my worst swings to fade it though. I can lay it wide open and hit it dead straight. The ST-X looks better to my eye, just more compact, but the draw bias might be too much, and it's a glued head. I prefer the freedom of adjustabliltiy, even it I don't need it. Just a peace of mind thing I guess.

Reading through this thread really has me excited for the stz 220 heading my way. Already dropped off my shaft at the club fitter to get the new adapter on it. All the reviews I'm reading have me super excited as I think it will bring my spin down slightly while still being super forgiving. Can't wait to test and come back with my results.

Reading through this thread really has me excited for the stz 220 heading my way. Already dropped off my shaft at the club fitter to get the new adapter on it. All the reviews I'm reading have me super excited as I think it will bring my spin down slightly while still being super forgiving. Can't wait to test and come back with my results.
You will love the sound and feel as well.

Excited for you man! It is probably the most stable driver head I’ve ever played.

I had it out for my round today and it just continues to deliver for me. It just feels like the head wants to be square thru the zone.

After some more head to head testingi have noticed that I miss right more often with this driver and that some misses spin more than other drivers.
Would lifting up to 10.5*help that right miss?

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Was doing some launch monitor work last night. 220 STZ compares quite favorably to my TSI2 in overall distance and dispersion, until you compare cost. Then we have a clear winner! Ping G425 is a little longer than either one, but I hate the sound so much it stays home.

So right now golftown has demo sale
Hit the st-z220 stock against stealth with ascend 60 shaft both at 9.5*

Interesting that highest ball speeds were actually from the Mizuno despite me hearing it was not as long a driver.

Where it lost distance was that certain Mishits despite higher ball speeds spin up more.
Could be what makes it so forgiving.

My only issue with it is the right miss that I don't get with other drivers. Think partly being more flat and partly due to slightly open face.
Have tried the upright setting. Wonder if I should also loft it up to get face more square.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

@Vosh68 in a good good video hitting the new new.

D73EC192-5BDE-4A84-96C4-672309BBF231.jpeg

Might be pulling the trigger on one of these. Ebay has them stupid cheap right now. Currently three of these with stiff shafts ending in less than 3 hours with bids sitting between $115 and $135 :oops:

Had my first session with the STZ-220 head yesterday and it exceeded my expectations. Coming from an Epic Flash I saw lower spin numbers along with for me a much easier ability to square the club face. I have not hit that many center spin shots on the launch monitor with any driver ever. Quick overall first impressions is that my side dispersion deviation has been cut significantly down without a loss of distance. Now you might say Ludin you said you had lower spin numbers and it should be longer in theory assuming launch was similar. You are right, but my swing speed was on average 5mph slower across all my clubs yesterday. Just one of those semi cold days on the launch monitor. I'll keep the distance talk for a day when my swing speed is back at average. Also might need to play with the settings to optimize launch and spin as well.

Might be pulling the trigger on one of these. Ebay has them stupid cheap right now. Currently three of these with stiff shafts ending in less than 3 hours with bids sitting between $115 and $135 :oops:
Best deal on the market imo

Seems like a lot of people here went "Z" over "X".
Has anyone hit both, is "Z" really a Low Spinner.
When I look at the Mizuno website, their description of the two leads me to "X" Not that a Draw bias driver.

First video (that I know of) for the STZ 230

Took the STZ out to play today. It was breezy, the course was running hard, fast and dry. My 63 yr old butt was right next to the green on a 318 yard par 4. Wind was helping and slightly left to right. I aimed well left of the green and let a high fade ride it in. I didnt fade it enough but was only 4 yards off the left side.......... Probably my longest of the year.
Of course I failed to convert, walking away with a par...........:eek:

Looks like it’s going to be a little faster off the face with the new insert.
This is Grant Horvat numbers with the STZ 220
6642C653-159F-47F2-97F8-1DA3F6EF357D.jpeg

This is the STZ 230
7ECFF597-009E-459B-98ED-815F426AA909.jpeg

I’m very intrigued

the STZ -220 gets out to the course tomorrow. Driver swing aside, it’s been a while since I’ve had this much fun with a driver since my Mavrik

I keep coming back to the forgiveness of the ST-Z. There were some tee shots where I should not have gotten the distance I did. Hit a couple on the heel and still got out in the 240 range. Hit one on the toe and it still landed in a range I had no business at. It’s hard for me to describe spin, but on the left to right shots where you would expect spin to kick up, it didn’t and just holds the line.

there are some great options coming this year and I’ll test some, but the comfort level I have right now is pretty fun.

Also @Slowmo hit the ST-X today that he won and was getting great results. One thing we talked about was that on some mishits for him, he fully expected the ball to be OB and it was playable and not in a bad spot. Speaks to the forgiveness and spin for these heads.

Back