Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder Review

When my Bushnell dies, and it will because Bushnell, I think I’ll be upgrading to these. The way these fit in hand is just solid

Can anyone tell me what the coating is made of? I’m wanting to get a mounting accessory for mine and it will stick well to any rubbery coating but it will not stick to anything that has silicone in it. Any information would be helpful.

Can anyone tell me what the coating is made of? I’m wanting to get a mounting accessory for mine and it will stick well to any rubbery coating but it will not stick to anything that has silicone in it. Any information would be helpful.
Good question and I am not sure. It feels like a harder TPU (plastic), but no idea if there is any silicone in it.

CS might be your best bet through Cobalt.

Last edited:
How do you like the Quick Clip? Thinking about picking one up.
I really like this clip, the magnets are super strong and I haven't had my rangefinder fall off of the cart, even hitting a big bump.

I really like this clip, the magnets are super strong and I haven't had my rangefinder fall off of the cart, even hitting a big bump.

How does it attach to the rangefinder?

Any more thoughts on these? What did everyone decide on magnet or attachments ideas for the cart? When I spoke to Cobalt CS the other day they said the strap they sell is just for the Q4 and they are working on one for q6 but the knob causes issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any more thoughts on these? What did everyone decide on magnet or attachments ideas for the cart? When I spoke to Cobalt CS the other day they said the strap they sell is just for the Q4 and they are working on one for q6 but the knob causes issues.

I am still loving mine. I have not ever used a range finder with the magnet or other attachments. I always just through it in the well under the dash.

No magnets or anything here either. It fits really well in cart cubby as mentioned by @RabidWombats. For my walking rounds, the circular clip is attached to my bag. The way it’s attached to the case always leaves it sitting flat so it can be flipped opened one handed while the case still sits flush and upright. A pretty clever design with just a simple metal loop.

No magnet here - I toss it in the basket in the cart or below the dash. Heavy enough not to go anywhere other than a really rough and tumble cart ride.

Very pleased. No urge to purchase anything else.

Yeah the only thing this is missing for me is a magnet. But I think I can live without. Red optics and lifetime/waterproof warranty and solid build quality are what I want the most. My NX10 got slightly wet from rain while on the side of the cart and no longer works. Think I’m willing to pay more now for the piece of mind of the warranty and waterproof rating.

Finally broke down and bought one.

Back