2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

Agree, interested in the tech, and what comes out but the bag is set, as it’s so good with this entire lineup especially the ST Max.

they just really nailed this release. Even if it came off as boring/not as exciting as we've seen. Just rock solid.

If the opportunity presents itself I’ll happily demo some drivers but there’s a very very slim chance I’d add a new one to the bag. I will be interested in some new Callaway fairways though

I'm going to be keeping an eye on what they do in the FW space as well in 2023.

I always kind of have to have interest, but I'm sort of in the same boat, just with the Rogue ST Max LS. Love the shape, the sound, and everything I get from this club.
I highly doubt I'll invest any time into this years driver releases. I'm happy. It works well and fits me well. I will hit a few just so I can have something to offer on here, but I have no interest in buying.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on what they do in the FW space as well in 2023.
My main interest this year is hybrids and irons but if the irons don’t work out I may do hybrid and fairway. I never got a chance to hit the Rogue fairways but I’ve heard nothing but good things

they just really nailed this release. Even if it came off as boring/not as exciting as we've seen. Just rock solid.
I think this is really true. It kind of shows in fitting results and sales figures as well (based on what I have seen anyway).

I think this is really true. It kind of shows in fitting results and sales figures as well (based on what I have seen anyway).
The funny thing is when I saw this release I almost kind of wrote it off because it seemed like a decent jump in price. When I was doing my 3W fitting I was almost hoping I wouldn’t be fit into it (I ended up not even getting to try it) and now I wish I had been. This release remind of of the GBB Epic with its popularity

I've been dreading writing this year end review. I've never wanted to love a driver more, but I want to be honest too. From the moment they handed it to me at ECPC I was infatuated with it. The matte crown and the feel on impact. The colorway looked perfect to me and it just felt good when stand at address over the ball. The results however this year have been mixed. I was fit into a Max D 9 Degree Head (turned down to 8 Degree) and a Ventus 5S shaft. Since that day I've tried every other head (except the Triple Diamond). I still have the Max D and will keep that driver for quite some time, but towards the end of the year I had pretty much completely moved to the Max 9 degree head with a LinQ white shaft. The Max LS showed up for a couple weeks thanks to @Golfers Anonymous. I thought the Low Spin would help me with some added distance, but it really didn't help with how far offline I was sending everything. I don't question what I was fit into at ECPC. My swing was weird that day, probably a combination of jitters and excitement. When you only have an hour and your a high handicapper the last thing you want to do is feel like you're wasting the fitters time. I honestly had those feelings and wish I had asked a few more questions (pro tip for those of you going this year). But I think the fitter saw a high handicap golfer who was going to enjoy having a drive in the fairway over having max distance. He wasn't wrong, but as the season moved on I just knew I was leaving a significant amount of yards out there. I was watching guys who had never outdriven before (and older than me) outdriving me consistently. I'm not getting younger and my swing is as far from perfect as can be, but I didn't think I'd fallen that far off yet.

What it comes down to for me is that I have never felt comfortable with a Callaway driver in the bag, in all my years of golf. The last Callaway driver that wowed me and spent a significant amount of time with was the original Epic Sub Zero. That club was LONG for me and I loved it. Its for this reason that I still wonder if I should try the Triple Diamond. In the past the head that doesn't seem like it should be for a high handicapper is the one that just fits my eye better. These results surprise me even more because the fairway woods are so good for me. The Rogue ST 3 wood and 5 wood are bombers, but the driver has been a different story all together. It's also frustrating because I know how well the Rogue lineup worked for my Grandaddy teammates. All I could compare it to was the Titleist Tsi2 driver I played last year and I was hitting that at least 10-20 yards further than the Rogue lineup, according to all the old data I have.

The Rogue Max got me the closest that I want to a combination of distance and forgiveness, but even that driver still left me wanting more. I started experimenting with that one around the time we went to Myrtle Beach and I played it the remainder of the year. This is about the same time I put a Sim2 in the bag along with the Rogue Max and I was seeing the Sim2 go at least 10 to 15 yards farther than the Rogue Max on average. That said - the Rogue Max was more consistently keeping online, but I was again leaving yards behind. I was playing different second shots at my home course than I had been playing in the past. It was hard finding that consistency that I've been seeing with all the other clubs that I was fit into. I tried different shafts, I tried different loft settings, I feel like I tried it all. In the end, I just know that the Rogue St driver is not the final answer for me. That's not to say it's a bad driver, it's a phenomenal driver, I just don't think it works perfectly for me - for reasons I still havent' figured out yet.

That said, I meant what I typed earlier on in this thread. Callaway will always gets the first shot at being in my bag. Whatever driver they come out with next will be the one I leans towards and I'll give it every opportunity to win a spot. All the rest of the clubs in my bag are firmly in place (Rogue fairway woods, Super Hybrid, Apex DCB irons and Jaws Raw wedges, Triple Wide putter) and not leaving (barring something unexpected), and all of those spots belong to Callaway. I'm hoping to be blown away by the next offering and I hope those that read my reviews still give the Rogue lineup a try. It's a absolute great driver. In the end I just don't feel like it's THE driver for me.

Last edited:
Even though I struggled this year with the Max initially and then the LS towards end of season I blame it more on my grip tinkering and hesitant swing. I will be keeping the LS and hopefully Hzrdus Blue will be the shaft I need.

*Unless the new Callaway driver comes with purple and gold Viking accents I’ll be sticking with my Rogue LS, would love to try the 9* version LS but I’ll tinker with my current 10.5 and figure it out as too much good golf still in my body to miss as many fairways as I did in 2022

If you have issues with strike consistency, the Rogue ST Max is a good option for you. I was all over the place today and was in play for all of them. Wasn’t worried about OB or penalty areas one bit.

View attachment 9138067
That is spot on from what I've seen from the Max D head so far, can't wait to put it head to head in a shaft comparison and see what 2023 has in store for me, best driving I've seen in a long time.

thought i posted after my hit and giggle with the "new" ST Max LS i got from CPO...on the first tee, it whispered "you're gonna remember this feel..." and i did.

I've absolutely enjoyed this driver this year.

It's been a real game changer for me. If this club doesn't perform well, it's the archer not the bow.

So I know it’s all about the redacted right now but curious if someone knows what weight is in the back of the LS?

Also, has anyone bought a weight kit to add weight to head? If so, recommendations?

So I know it’s all about the redacted right now but curious if someone knows what weight is in the back of the LS?

Also, has anyone bought a weight kit to add weight to head? If so, recommendations?

@93civiccpe ?

I can't remember the exact weight but I might have put it in the Second driver thread.. i believe the weight in the back is actually not that heavy (in a green rubber overmold in the picture). At the time I built the shorter driver to experiment with there were no weight kits available so I used the pictured tungsten cubes which worked.(I wrapped them in electrical tape so they would have a snug fit).
20220602_224756.jpg

I don't believe Callaway sells a set but now you can order one made by a 3rd party like below:

I can't remember the exact weight but I might have put it in the Second driver thread.. i believe the weight in the back is actually not that heavy (in a green rubber overmold in the picture). At the time I built the shorter driver to experiment with there were no weight kits available so I used the pictured tungsten cubes which worked.(I wrapped them in electrical tape so they would have a snug fit).
View attachment 9142392

I don't believe Callaway sells a set but now you can order one made by a 3rd party like below:

Sounds good, I found them on a site but aren’t sure what weight to “potentially” try as feel a little heavier may help with the tinkerer side 😂 Appreciate the help

Sounds good, I found them on a site but aren’t sure what weight to “potentially” try as feel a little heavier may help with the tinkerer side 😂 Appreciate the help
I will find the little green piece and weigh it for you tomorrow. I found my post in the second driver thread and never put that detail in there. I should be able to get that for you tomorrow.

@lefty I decided not to wait. The green piece under the gold plate is 4 grams from factory. You can order them in much heavier increments. I believe if you add 2 grams to the head it correlates to roughly a 1 swingweight point difference. Most can't feel a single swingweight point. If you want heavier I would go at least to an 8gram replacement weight.

Played the Max LS on the front 9. Paired with an MMT60S shaft. I am surprised at how good this combo feels having never played the MMT60S... Played my LTDx LS with the Diamana Tb on the back... Have a regular sized align grip on the max and a mid-sized MCC +4 on the LTDx...the LTDx was a tad longer but the Max LS felt better which has been my experience in the past between these two...but this was the first time I've played them side by side... I guess I'm keeping both 😁... Well... Until the AeroJet comes out, then I'll probably trade the LTDx in for that. And this whole vicious cycle will start again...

Played today where the temp only reached 40 today but had a great day hitting driver. Love the Max as I’ve been able to absolutely whale on it and find yards and fairways with it.

Played today where the temp only reached 40 today but had a great day hitting driver. Love the Max as I’ve been able to absolutely whale on it and find yards and fairways with it.
Even knowing what’s coming next year from Callaway, It will be tough to replace next year, playing 9* RogueST Max LS 🔥🔥🔥 had originally bought the triple 💎 RogueST but it was replaced by the max LS more forgiving and a fairway finder for me, 💎 sitting in the closet needs a new home.

The RogueST release is just so good, have a 5,6, max hybrid and a 5w max that just goes 🚀

Even knowing what’s coming next year from Callaway, It will be tough to replace next year, playing 9* RogueST Max LS 🔥🔥🔥 had originally bought the triple 💎 RogueST but it was replaced by the max LS more forgiving and a fairway finder for me, 💎 sitting in the closet needs a new home.
I know I’m all for testing the new stuff and upgrading if it does better but I’d be hard pressed with the performances I’m seeing of this year’s lineup.

Got a LinQ red ready to be built up, testing it this week in the Max LS head!
You’ll like, I have the red 64F in mine at 9* D setting green dot adapter. Love it Actually own 2 of them 1” different

Back