ShotScope Update - WOW!

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
ShotScope has done an update to both the online Dashboard and the app. The changes are mostly in the rounds area, with a whole different look on the Dashboard. Editing in both places is where the big change has taken place. Instead of dragging shot locations, you can move or "nudge" them using arrow keys by increments you choose, as small as 1 foot. You can also "nudge" the pin location in the same manner. Also, for putting, there is now a "tap in" button where you can choose a "short" or "long" tap in.

Some great updates from @GavinwithaR1 and the ShotScope team that are definitely worth checking out! I can't wait for my next round to give the new editing tools a real workout!

ShotScope has done an update to both the online Dashboard and the app. The changes are mostly in the rounds area, with a whole different look on the Dashboard. Editing in both places is where the big change has taken place. Instead of dragging shot locations, you can move or "nudge" them using arrow keys by increments you choose, as small as 1 foot. You can also "nudge" the pin location in the same manner. Also, for putting, there is now a "tap in" button where you can choose a "short" or "long" tap in.

Some great updates from @GavinwithaR1 and the ShotScope team that are definitely worth checking out! I can't wait for my next round to give the new editing tools a real workout!
Cant wait until spring to try it out.

Thanks, will pass this onto the team! There is also a brand-new feature which is hidden in this release but being worked on behind the scenes for the PGA Show.

Awesome! I can't wait to check it out! I just got started with Shot Scope, so I'm still learning, but I've been loving it so far.

I wonder if I can convince SS to rename the "long" tap-in as a "MacGowan" for one of the guys I golf with regularly. Let's just say it's a generous length ;)

Sounds great. Can't wait to update and check it out. Next round may not be for a few weeks, until I can get away from this snow though:mad::mad:

Thanks, will pass this onto the team! There is also a brand-new feature which is hidden in this release but being worked on behind the scenes for the PGA Show.

This will be great. With 5 inches of fresh snow it might be a few months before I can take it for a spin. I do look forward to it, the app is fun to play with and very educational.

Awesome! Hopefully I’ll get to steal another round this year from winter.

Looking forward to the updates!!!

I have run into one bug on each. The app won't accept a course handicap of "0" (iPhone version of the app). In the Dashboard, in one's profile, you can enter your handicap index, for example 5.1, but there is no course rating function anywhere (maybe that is the "hidden feature"?). This results, in my case, when editing, showing a "course handicap" for that round as 5, but the course rating for the tees I play from is such that my "course handicap" for the round is actually "0".

I have run into one bug on each. The app won't accept a course handicap of "0" (iPhone version of the app). In the Dashboard, in one's profile, you can enter your handicap index, for example 5.1, but there is no course rating function anywhere (maybe that is the "hidden feature"?). This results, in my case, when editing, showing a "course handicap" for that round as 5, but the course rating for the tees I play from is such that my "course handicap" for the round is actually "0".

Hey can you drop that into [email protected].

It ain't the hidden feature, much bigger. But we need to get that bug sorted.

Will do!

Really like the In-Round Strokes Gained feature in the Online Dashboard.
Tells me on a consistent basis where I need approve.

wait... the what?

That’s awesome. Well Done Shot Scope. If only it wasn’t so cold here….

Amazing Update!

I love the scoring stat data, is right next to current round. super easy to compare.

Last edited:
Gavin, any improvement on courses not being found within 1km. I had to move on because this kept happening on several courses on different watches after already playing the courses

Gavin, any improvement on courses not being found within 1km. I had to move on because this kept happening on several courses on different watches after already playing the courses

I will find out tomorrow and report back. I know the team was looking into it.

It looks awesome. I have to make an effort to use my ShotScope next year. It definitely helps

I will find out tomorrow and report back. I know the team was looking into it.

I like these updates. I've enjoyed using the V3 last season. Kind of off topic, but I'd like to see you guys expand your tags.

Standard tags: D, 3W, Hi, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, GW, SW, LW, P, X1, X2 - probably fine for the vast majority of golfers.

The way this is currently: D, 3W(5W), Hi(7W), 4i(4H), 5i(5H), 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, GW, SW(52), LW(56) X1(60), P. 6i is on the 6i and the X2 is on a 64 which rotate depending upon conditions. However, I have a 3W, Utility iron, and a 5i that I also like to rotate depending upon the course I'm playing, and I have no tags for them.

Here's my suggestion: D, 3W, 5W, 7W, H1, H2, U, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, GW, SW, LW, X1, X2, P. This would be four additional tags expanding the set to 19.

What do you think? Would there be enough demand for an expanded set? If not, I guess I'll just have to suffer.

I like these updates. I've enjoyed using the V3 last season. Kind of off topic, but I'd like to see you guys expand your tags.

Standard tags: D, 3W, Hi, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, GW, SW, LW, P, X1, X2 - probably fine for the vast majority of golfers.

The way this is currently: D, 3W(5W), Hi(7W), 4i(4H), 5i(5H), 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, GW, SW(52), LW(56) X1(60), P. 6i is on the 6i and the X2 is on a 64 which rotate depending upon conditions. However, I have a 3W, Utility iron, and a 5i that I also like to rotate depending upon the course I'm playing, and I have no tags for them.

Here's my suggestion: D, 3W, 5W, 7W, H1, H2, U, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, GW, SW, LW, X1, X2, P. This would be four additional tags expanding the set to 19.

What do you think? Would there be enough demand for an expanded set? If not, I guess I'll just have to suffer.

So this is a lot more complicated than you would think. The tags are also relatively expensive. However we have done a little bit of this for next year.

We used to offer 20 tags, but some tags were used by 0.5% of users such as the H2, 3i or X3. So we dropped them.

But for next year we are building our main 16 tag pack as:

D, 3W, H1, H2, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, GW, SW, LW, P, X1

We are also going to introduce an accessory pack:

X2, X3, X4, P

The reason for the Xs is that they give you flexibility.

I hope that helps explain the thinking behind it and what the plans are.

Back