Made my goal for the summer

JConn

Proud 2013 MC Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
My goal for this summer was to play well enough to earn a 8 handicap (or better obviously). I finished last year at a 13.4 and dropped it to a 10.7 in the last couple months. Well, all of my practice and hard work has paid off. Handicaps were updated this morning and I dropped from a 10.7 to a 8.3. I can't explain how happy I am about this. I don't really care what my handicap is as long as I am playing well, but obviously the lower the handicap the better I am playing. I hope this doesn't come off as cocky, as I know an 8.3 isn't excellent, but I am very excited about it and wanted to share my excitement with THP.

That's great news, congrats :D

I would like to get back down to single digits by the end of the year if possible

Awesome - congratulations!! My goal is to get into single digits this year. You are not coming off as cocky at all; don't worry about that!

Dude, that is fantastic! Congratulations, and keep going. You will be below 5 by the end of the year!

Not cocky at all! I use my handicap as my report card too. It's hard to enter those high scores after I have entered some good ones but I enter them all so I can see the truth. I would be mighty proud if I were you! You've worked hard for it. Congrats!

congrats on the new handicap!

How is that not excellent? Seriously congrats!

COngrats! I am just wanting to get mine down to the teens!

That is awesome.Congrats.I wish you continued success.

Thank you everyone. Your comments are much appreciated and very kind. Like you guys said, I am going to keep working at it. I am not content with a particular HC, and I want to see how low I can go. Now time to work on consistency.

Congrats Jeff! I would like to get mine into the teens. Now you must make another goal and keep on working at the game! Goodjob

Congrats Jeff! I would like to get mine into the teens. Now you must make another goal and keep on working at the game! Goodjob

Thanks. You can do it! Keep working at it and it will happen. I can't believe I am saying this, but a 5 HC is now my goal. I know this will take time, so this will be my long term goal. Not sure what a good short term goal for the summer is.

Congrats, it's always nice to achieve goals....plus it's always cool to say you are a single digit handicap!

Best of luck to you man!

Congratulations! It is always great to be in single digits.

Thanks guys. This is my first time being in single digits, I hope I can stay for a while.

Thanks guys. This is my first time being in single digits, I hope I can stay for a while.

For someone that is so happy you never updated your handicap in your profile..lol On a serious note, congrats. That is really awesome.

Congrats Jeff!

Looking to get mine from 13 into single digits by end of August. Shot an 82,80 on Saturday and Sunday so I'm trending in the right direction. Have four rounds facing me this weekend, fingers crossed.

Congrats on the 8.3. How long did it take you to say, "You know, I bet I could get this down to a 5?"

Last edited:
Congrats on the 8.3. How long did it take you to say, "You know, I bet I could this down to a 5?"

Thats funny because so true! You have that great round shoot 72-74 man if I work at it could play with the pro's or senior tour etc. Next round 84 back to reality.

My goal is to be a 4 so drop 3 shots but down from an 11 in January so aggressive goal.

Jeff was there one thing you worked on in particular or have been doing different to lower your handicap.

I hope this doesn't come off as cocky, as I know an 8.3 isn't excellent, but I am very excited about it and wanted to share my excitement with THP.

Excellence is gaged by you. Compared to a 13 HDCP where you finished last year, 8.3 is excellent. You should be proud and continue to press on! Glad for you and glad to see your practice is working for you. Sounds like you are practicing smart.

Getting to a single digit handicap is not easy as very few who play the game ever get that low. Just remember the old adage it is easy to get to the top but hard to stay there. So your work has just begun. Congrats and keep at it.

Back