Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

First of all, another 18 holes today and my Hirzl Trust Control is still holding up great. That being said, after seeing Dirtydawg's pictures of his torn glove, I payed a little closer attention to that area on my glove this afternoon. I do believe that right below the velcro may be the most vulnerable part of this glove. That being said, I don't know of another glove on the market that can hang with the Hirzl in durability or performance, let alone the combination of the two.

I am sure there are some that are skeptical of that claim, but it is soooo true. I could see this glove lasting an insanely long period of time. When I started testing, I was a bit worried that 25 dollars for one glove would make it like some of those high dollar balls I like but am not willing to spend the dough on. Not the case with this glove. It will pay for itself in a couple of months if not sooner!

Mine has already paid for itself

I am sure there are some that are skeptical of that claim, but it is soooo true.

Normally I would be sceptical about a claim like that, if this were anywhere else but THP! That's the wonderful thing about the testing here, you know it's going to be impartial and truthful.

Thanks for the ongoing updates guys, these gloves really have my attention going into the end of the season and beyond....when the weather can get even worse than unpredictable!

I played another round with this glove today, it still performs great. Still god for a lot more rounds, but the skin on the index finger has stretched a bit and does not fit as good as it did when it was new.

How is the thumb stitching? Most gloves I buy tend to have the problem of the thumb twisting so the stitching is right under your thumb while gripping. Inconvenient.

Paulo,

While im not an official reviewer I do have one and my thumb is holding up well. It has stretched out a bit as others have said, but not holes or rips yet.

How is the thumb stitching? Most gloves I buy tend to have the problem of the thumb twisting so the stitching is right under your thumb while gripping. Inconvenient.

Had no problems with mine

I played in some heat and it was the first time my hand got sweaty. Glove held up though! I still have yet to see any stitching or major wear on this glove. Even when it has been wet and not fully dried. It is easier to put on than other leather gloves I used! I still rate this glove a 10. I have yet to use anything better

I have experienced no problems with this. To be fair, I don't know that I've ever experienced a thumb twisting problem with my previous glove of choice (Nike Dura feel) either.

No problems with the stitching anywhere on the glove for me either, not on the index finger where my glove has become a bit stretched and twisted.

Hey folks,
I am here to answer any questions ya got about see bad boys.
No tearing in the thumb at all. Sewing is holding up well. Still tacky, almost like new. There is enough black on the glove to hide any discoloration. It is way cooler than my r9 glove and tw glove on hot days. Does not slide in the rain. No blistering because friction...

Just got back from a long range session tonight. Not too hot out but worked up a good sweat. This glove keeps on ticking. I have over a dozen rounds now and at least as many range visit and only the smallest wear on the palm. At this pace this glove is going to make it to the end of summer.

Just to play with the tackiness of the glove when wet I kept wiping my head with it between a lot of my shots trying to keep moisture on it as much as possible. No issues what so ever - played like it was bone dry. Now I normally don't wipe my golf glove on my sweaty head so this just shows you my level of dedication in testing to provide quality reviews. :D Under all conditions.

I will try to get some photos up to show the wear and continue to post as I use this glove through the season.

I've been playing this glove since the first day of the 2011 Outing. I swear on my SuperTri that the palm side looks the same as it did that day.

Thanks guys, the thumb just seems to be one bit of a glove where I get problems with the stitching. Too many fist pumps I'm sure.

Thanks guys, the thumb just seems to be one bit of a glove where I get problems with the stitching. Hiking up my skinny jeans too much, I'm sure.

Just keeping it real :)

Just keeping it real :)

hahaha, I can't lie, you caught me. It's a tough task to wear a pair of trousers which are held up more by your thighs than your hips.

Sounds like the Hirzl is up to any tasks I may set it though!

After about 40 rounds this year ( very few range sessions ;-) ) my control got changed yesterday! I bought a feel and the new soft!!

The feel doesn't feel any different to me than the control but the soffft is just an incredible glove for hot and sunny weather!! No sweating at all.....not at all!
I wonder how long it will last till it shows first damages!!

Have a nice game

Just wanted to say thanks to THP and this thread. It wouldn't have been on my radar otherwise. Surprisingly, my local muni sells these in their otherwise meager pro shop. I've gotten about 15 rounds in my Feel glove and yesterday in close to 90 deg. heat it held up like a champ. The Footjoy gloves I used to wear would have been soaked! This is the best glove I've ever used!

Just wanted to say thanks to THP and this thread. It wouldn't have been on my radar otherwise. Surprisingly, my local muni sells these in their otherwise meager pro shop. I've gotten about 15 rounds in my Feel glove and yesterday in close to 90 deg. heat it held up like a champ. The Footjoy gloves I used to wear would have been soaked! This is the best glove I've ever used!

Glad to hear your happy! They are really amazing gloves.

15 rounds + don't even know how many range sessions. Sun and rain.

These gloves are still holding up as advertised. I have only felt that my hand was a tad sweaty once so far and it did not cause any change of glove. I would love to add pics, however, I cannot figure ou how to add them in these posts.

Stellar gloves for the price. Although I have not used FJ's or some other high profile gloves. I believe you would be hard pressed to find something better.

Mine is still going strong. Another 18 holes in it tonight in very humid conditions = 1 wet glove when finished. No sign of any wear and tear starting. Even though the glove was wet with sweat I had no problems with gripping my clubs.

This glove just continues to perform and impress each and every time I wear it

Shoot I've easily lost count as to how many rounds I've played with this glove it still appears to be almost brand new. Quite ridiculous but just downright awesome. Still no wear in the palm or fingers. My only complaint with this glove is that IF wet, with my interlock grip will get a blister on the right hand ring finger. I always wrapped my finger with other gloves so its not like this is new. And when the Hirzl is dry or normal it doesn't blister my right hand.

Still loving this glove, still going strong, still fits well after literally countless rounds.

I've been using this glove almost exclusively now whether it be on the course or at the range and I'm completely blown away by it. It shows almost no sign of wear, feels as soft as the day I popped it out of the box, and the grip is consistently tacky whether it's humid, dry, or even wet. It barely feels like you even have a glove on at all and the fit is borderline custom feeling. I love the two-tone black/white look as well which gives it a 'not just another golf glove' look to it. It's definitely one of the best gloves I've ever worn. Well done Hirzl!

I think my glove is starting to loose some of the original grip by now. I noticed some slips today, and that is the first time ever with this glove. It still work good when dry though, will keep playing it to see if it was my error or the glove are starting to be worn out. I will try a new Fj weather sof next to see what I will miss with the Trust feel, and keep reporting back with the progress. I will try to post a picture tomorrow, it`s 2 a clock at night here, and I have to get up at 6.30 for work so it`s time for bed.

Back